Poll: Are you interested in a User Supported Trivia?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Proposal

World
    Ares

Proposal

I'm looking for people to form a group. This group will have trivia weekly events for resource rewards.
    The group will do polls to decide the weekly trivia topic. It will also provide together with me the resources to run it.

Ares Server Event with details, read that it is the complete format : http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...006#post239006[/LIST]
    Week 1 Event is still pending. Scheduled for Saturday 7th of June on Ares.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    You will need to talk to BB about player based trivia-

"User Generated Contests

Get proper approval.
    Competitions of any kind must be always approved by the admins to avoid any potential malpractice or unfair gain at the cost of other players. Keep in mind that lotteries or any other contest which requires a player to “buy-in” for the chance of winning will not be approved by the moderators.

No lifeguard on duty!
    In general: Participation in any competitions that have not been organized by Ubisoft/Blue Byte is at the player’s own risk. Any claims for damages must be directed to the organizers of such competitions.

We reserve the right to halt, delete, or cease player events.
    Silence on the part of the admins and/or moderators must not be assumed as consent. The administration reserves the right to remove threads that invite players to participate in unauthorized competitions either directly or indirectly, or which could encourage players to take part in such. The member responsible will be notified of such removal by private message. We also reserve the right to stop in game player created events."

we had ppl trying to start up a lottery type thing on Zeus without authorization from BB and i think one person got banned because he was advertising it on trade tab, so like i said- u may want to talk with BB before bringing it to the PUBLIC...

World
    Ares
    delete this post kind mods.

World
    Ares
    Well, thanks for bringing that up. I was discussing of the idea with the public. If there is no interest of the public I don't see the point. I'm gonna contact BB though as you suggested to be officially in line with the rules. Thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by Ticket Support
    Hello TheScientist,

Thank you for contacting The Settlers Online Support regarding a potential trivia event in the game. You are more than welcome to setup something in one of the unmoderated Global Chats or even create a special guild just for your trivia. Please keep in mind we will be unable to support any issues resulting from this in regards to resources, etc... promised to the winners. We also cannot support the advertising of the trivai outside of global-1. We will be unable to provide moderation for the event. If you have any future issues or questions, please feel free to submit another support ticket.

Sincerely,

'The Settlers Online' Support Team
    So, who is willing to jump on the bandwagon and help me out?

World
    Zeus
    good luck with it. i would suggest you set up a google doc for your 'transparency'
    Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat. ~Robert A. Heinlein

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    A player trivia event could be hosted like the auction. If a mod wants to drop in that would great, if not we should be able to manage.

A little spam could be tolerated. Friendly fun trivia should be the focus.

2 players may be needed to properly manage trivia.

The host could use a single forum thread to post the general trivia rules. The thread could be updated with any donations received and the prizes which were rewarded.

I wouldn't list the names of players who won.

10 questions may be too many for a single topic. The prizes should be near equal in value. Don't make the questions too difficult or use obscure topics. Average intelligence, keep it simple.

BB rarely asks TSO questions, could be a good starter topic.
    Last edited by Forrell; 06-02-14 at 01:13 pm. Reason: typo

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Hi TheScientist,

Neat idea! If you would, please follow the instructions in this post to set up the player event: http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...-the-calendar! Once you have done so, we will review and make sure it's good to go and it will be added to our calendar.
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

World
    Ares
    BB_Rawren I've posted to the calendar! Thanks for the swift reply! Also, guys the following thread will be used for details about the event. Feel free to post, check it out donate be part of the event!

http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...006#post239006

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Greetings, good to see that you are making progress. I thought it might be best for me to reply here to keep development chat out of the Announcement thread you've linked to.

In the thread in the link: http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...006#post239006

The time should be 11:30 AM GMT ?

I was thinking that you could paraphrase the 2nd, 3rd and 4th bullet points from the Notes: section of the BB official weekly trivia sticky thread and include them in the announcement.

I suspect that in practice moderators naturally go where the chat is. You could consider deleting your 3rd bullet point and modifying the current 6th bullet point to read as:
    "Everyone except people hosting the event and the moderators that may be present to help with the chat control".

Player created activities need to be organized using the tools we have, otherwise they would no longer be player created activities.

"Spam: We would like to keep spam down". May suffice.

The word will in the second bullet point is missing the letter "i".

The word hosted could be used throughout. Ran is in the 5th bullet point.

Players don't like changes, 5 questions is good, nice choice. I like the idea of 3 winners per question. Whatever quantity is chosen, it should be the same every week. If you decide to do that, you could edit out some info, have less to explain to players.
    Last edited by Forrell; 06-03-14 at 08:32 pm. Reason: clarification x's 2

World
    Ares
    Hello there Forrell! I read thoroughly your post. About the amount and type of resources I'm not sure. I'd like to have some variety. I'll have to think about this one. Time is correct. Night time gmt.

Reply to Thread