Reply to Thread

Thread: Generals

lord_william_999

Question Generals

Good morning settlers of the Great Castle Empire!! I'm looking for information on Generals. I've checked out other friends settlements and have noticed more than 1 garrison. If you purchase a new General in the Tavern, will they be able to build another garrison? If so, how do you transfer troops from your first Generals garrison to the next garrison? Since I can find no way of upgrading my first General to veteran (even though he has fought in enough battles to become a veteran), I will be purchasing a Veteran General at the Trader. This will require a significant amount of gems, 5000 to be exact. Why is this process the only way to get a Veteran General? I started out likeing this game, but I think some changes need to be made to make this more exciting ( I spend way to much time waiting for settelers to be born in order to create an army which requires way to many resources for each military unit). There are other aspects of the game I could also talk about, but I'll leave that for another day. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Generals are not upgradable, (upgradeable?). Can't be upgraded.

You can purchase up to 3 generals from the Tavern, (I believe the price increases with each purchase), 10 Battle Hardened Generals from the Trader, and 2 Veteran Generals through the Trader/Promotions. Regardless of type, "purchased" Generals appear in your star menu first & you must build their garrisons manually. When you get into adventuring, you'll find that they'll auto-build their garrisons when you complete an adventure.

Each general commands his own garrison. Troops are assigned to a General by opening the garrison and using the sliders under the various troop categories. To transfer troops, you'd un-assign them from General A, (by moving the slider to 0 and clicking the OK button), and then assign them to General B.

Veteran Generals are expensive because BlueByte made them so. They're extremely valuable, as they'll continue to reduce your troop losses forever. Many camps that require 2 waves of a Tavern or BH General can be completed in one wave from a Veteran. Many camps that have somewhat low losses when a Tavern or BH General attacks can enjoy zero losses when a Veteran is used. The 25% in the number of troops makes a huge difference in the adventures available today.

lord_william_999
    Thank you very much for the information on transferring troops from one garrison to another (that information will be very helpful). Is the information on this subject matter and others outlined in sort of manual for future use? I realize that Generals are not upgradable. The question is: why can't they be upgraed without having to spend serious coin(Tavern) or gems(Trader). Since the only way to accumulate XP after level 16 if fighting Bandit camps, it stands to reason that Generals should be uble to upgrade after so many battles, thereby saving coins and gems for other important aspects of the game. I have not purchased the Veteran General yet to see if zero losses is possible ( I have run a lot of Combat Simulations and it possible to obtain zero losses if you have the right troops), but this brings us back to the settler problem ( to slow unless you have a large stash of gems available. I do agree that the losses will be probably be significantly lower. I have as yet been unable to play in any of the adventure games (still at level 25). Are these adventures played out the same as they are on our Home Island? This is the information that I wish was available in some sort of manual. Thanks again for your help.
    Last edited by lord_william_999; 06-08-12 at 01:03 pm.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    There is a wealth of information within this forum, if you spend some time searching for it. For example, if you search for "Chuck" or "metal tooth" or "Mary" you'll find threads that detail the specific troop formation(s) to send to kill those leaders with the minimal amount of losses. There's at least one thread that details configurations for clearing the entire island.

As the the "Why ..." questions you posed, the generals work the way they do because BlueByte believes they'll make the most money that way. And they're a for-profit company. At least, that's my opinion. There's no technical reason why one general has to behave a certain way beyond whatever design/coding choices BB makes. Without people buying gems, there's no way for BB to financially support the infrastructure & people who build/run the game.

The adventures become available to you at level 26, so hang in there, you're close! They all take place off-island. So once you've initiated an adventure, you'll assign troops to your garrison(s) and send it/them to the adventure where you'll kill more bandit & leader camps. There's an excellent general guide to adventures & how they work in the General Discussion forum. Additionally, every adventure that you'll encounter has one or more guides posted in that forum, so you'll see how other people have solved those challenges.

If you invest some time reading the forum threads, and hanging out in Help chat, I think you'll learn everything you need to be successful in this game.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Lord William, the reason so many players have veteran generals is that they only recently released them, and they did so through an event where you could get them as a reward for far less expense than the after-the-event gem price.

lord_william_999
    Thank you for your reply Brae. Was the event like the one we have now (Euro Cup)? For the Euro Cup you have to be a level 26 or higher to play. Was this the case for the event your speaking of? Learning this game on the fly. Thanks again.

lord_william_999
    Thank you so much for your most excellent advise Hobknocker. It's by far the best I've gotten so far. Will be a big help for me in understanding/playing this game. I had a feeling that anything to do with gems was profit driven. Have a great one Hobknocker!!

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    RE: your "settler problem":

you can speed up the regeneration of your settlers in two ways: the first is to buy items in the trader that increase
    the rate for a certain length of time. Right now with the Euro Cup there's a new item, called a Supporter Hat, that you
    can buy with soccer balls.

The second way is to use your provision house, where you can turn bread into extra people! So makes lots of bread!

Reply to Thread