Reply to Thread

Thread: Help new players with buy foreign settlers family quest

Soldier
    World
    Ares

Help new players with buy foreign settlers family quest

I have seen a major number of people who are learning the game struggle to play have issues with this quest. I wonder if you might consider flashing the the scroll bar to help indicate they need to scroll down like they get suggestions for other beginner quests with the little flashes?
    There is only one like me! The original captain! CAPTAIN_CHRIS!

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    It's already enough that everything is flashing and greyed outand pointing where you need to go, if you really need a scrollbar highlighted too on top of that, please take that as subtle hint to quit.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    ok people ive had it UP TO HAIR!!!

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    We could make a walkthrough for it, and then refer people to it here.

How about this:

Step 1. Get the quest:

You will get the new quest notification with a strobing arrow pointing to your quest menu telling you have a new quest, which will not go away until you open the quest window. You may now accept the quest as you have done the previous half-dozen or so times you have received a quest.

Step 2. Open the gem shop

You will see the shop as it is flashing yellow to get your attention (shown yellow above), just as many of the previous quest elements have flashed yellow to tell you where to click. When you click on the flashing icon, the gem shop will open.

Step 3. Go to the Black Market Section

As you may notice, the section marked "Black Market" is also flashing yellow (shown yellow above). As with previous quests, you should click on the section blinking yellow to go to that section.

Step 4. Buy the Foreign Settlers Family

The product you want to buy is marked with a flashing yellow highlight (shown yellow above). Click on the icon and choose the buy option on the pop-up screen. In case you accidentally try to click on another product, it will not be possible as the rest of the store is blocked and the icons greyed-out. In addition, you may also notice that the icon flashing yellow is also the only product not greyed-out.

Perhaps there is something that can be done to make it more obvious for new players. Perhaps we can add an application for people in the help channel to take control of the new player's mouse for them?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    THANK YOU! Mine wasnt even lit up, i swear i scrolled that menu like 4 times and never seen it.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    There does not appear to be any "Black Market" section... so how do I complete this?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    open merchant (treasure chest)

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    That quest was painful!!! The flashing wasn't nearly enough to draw attention to the gem shop and black market...

Reply to Thread