Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ability to move buildings

Recruit

Ability to move buildings

I want the ability to be able to move buildings. Once you get progress in the game you notice how chaotic your town lay out can be.The bigger your town becomes the more spread out everything can get. Making it hard to find the buildings you need, sometimes losing or forgetting about them. Causing you to build unnecessarily and using up your building licenses.The only option is to tear down and rebuild but you loose to many valuable resources.10-15 tools cost per building would be very worth the price to make your town more organized and enjoyable.

Settler
    I doubt they'd do it for tools, but why not sell the ability to pickup a building and place it somewhere else in the gem store, say like a 5-pack for 100 gems or a single one for 30 gems.

Averett
    I hope it won't cost gems. Why make something that simple cost gems, anyway. I don't want to have to use real money to buy some gems just so I can move a few buildings. That just seems ridiculous to me.

Soldier
    The only way I would want moving buildings would be with gems, because it's unrealistic and, even though would be convenient is a bad idea.

Recruit
    well you should plan out where you want stuff in the beginning and as soon as you unlock your first sector start building correctly.

i think that you should be able to move buildings for free using gems is not a good idea who wants to spend money on gems to move a building if i were to cost something how bout coins or some kind of resource instead

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I agree. No gems. But make it a very long period of time for it to move to discourage mass moves or many moves of the same building. I would say, make it take a week to move. You know, getting a truck out there and lifting the building off it's foundation and moving it to a new spot would take a lot of work. It would also take some significant resources to build a new foundation also. (but yes, I want to move my level 4 and 5 buildings around and I cannot tear them down with everything I have invested in them).

This is the same timeframe to increase a building to level 5 and it seems about right. It is exciting to do, but you also have to think about how long it takes before doing it.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Hm. Personally I wouldn't mind waiting but perhaps put it into the build que as well? This way you can't build while the move is going on as well.

World
    Zeus
    I agree the ability to move buildings would definitely be helpful, but if that is not possible there should be something in the tutorial that tells you that once the building is made you will not be able to move it. Too many people start building without reading the forums (like me) and realize too late that they can't move the building without tearing it down. Also, if the building has been upgraded I think we should also get a portion of the resources that were used to upgrade back.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I think something fair would be around 150%-200% of cumulative construction time (L1 + L1 to L2 + L2 to L3, etc) to disassemble/rebuild the building, and 25%-50% of the cumulative resource costs.

Reply to Thread