Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Notes Improvements for Weekly Challenges

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Weeklies do need to be improved. As of right now, they are not even worth looking at. I do 1 ship quest out of 4 but otherwise ignore everything else. I guess getting tokens for doing that is better than things are now. Adding Wood Cutter for map fragments did not help. Not even a little. It's hard to provide feedback to the concept of adding more adventures to the merchant without knowledge of what the plans are, but if it's more along those lines, I still don't see how it helps. I don't care if Whirlwind, Storm Recovery, and Beseiged City are added for a fish. I'm still not doing them. I have 684 Storm Recoveries and 677 Whirlwinds in my star for a reason. That's where they're staying. Wisdom, maybe, but I'm not burning that many resources to get to that point anyway.

Perhaps these proposed changes are geared toward people who consider weeklies to be worthwhile in the first place. I do not fall into that category because the resource cost does not come close to justifying the rewards, but that complaint is not deemed worth consideration. Even if you double the tokens, still not worth it to me. I don't particularly need the population. Maybe worth it for those who do or at lower levels where people aren't being punished for leveling too much. The people asked to spend the most need the rewards the least.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    It is definitely a step in the right direction, but I can not say how I feel about it, because there isn't enough details. Like how many frags each adventure will cost, how many tokens each individual quest will give us etc. But it's definitely refreshing to read that BB is actually taking peoples feedback to heart for once. looking forward seeing more details about the changes and hopefully changes soon in the game.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    “This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home, this little piggy had roast beef, this little piggy had none and this little piggy …” had beer!

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Sounds good. I would personally like to see a bit more choice on the list for each weekly challenge. For example, there's one I never complete because it requires me to do 2x Storm Recovery, and that costs grout which I need for building upgrades, so I never do that.

If each weekly challenge had a choice of 2 adventures, say, it would be more flexible. For example, it could require let's say Storm Recovery or Roaring bull. Similar options for the other ones. Maybe Victor the Vicious could get a look in, which I don't ordinarily run except for events. But give each weekly a choice of adventures to complete.

The availability is another thing: 2 of them require first and second thief, which aren't easily got. I know you can now get woodcutter for map pieces, and that's great, but when you have 2 days left to complete the thing you don't want to be running a bunch of woodcutters to try and get 3 first thiefs. Pretty much all the higher level players have huge stocks of things like DB, RB, VTV, VLT and so on, which just sit around except if they get triple loot in event time. putting them in the weeklies as an option would let us use some

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    To BB_Alex:

I'd like a disable button for those weeklies.
    I get it, you can't add a cancel button because you think people will cancel the one they don't want to do and run the next one if it looks more appealing... Well... you should thought of that BEFORE rushing to implement them and use the pathfinder system which is not intrusive and do not force me to click a blinking red 'Quest Failed' every week. Hello? I can't FAIL something I have chosen NOT to do.

And another thing.. You are keep saying 'the weekly challenges are not for everyone' . I am a lvl 75 player (been at lvl 75 for more then 1 year already). I have a full developed island with a balanced economy. I am very fast on running adventures and good to find any loophole to make things easier. So, I can think at myself as being one of the players on top of the 'food chain'. And those weekly challenges are NOT appealing at all, the reward is so ridiculous that i refuse to run them.
    May I ask, if they are not for me, then for whom?

And another thing...You said you will add more adventures for map fragments, which is a very good thing to do... BUT... if you add the adventures required for the weekly challenges then where it is the challenge? just to run the adventure itself? When that was discussed on test forum you were against the idea of even change the said adventures (I am speaking about thieves, ToW and besieged city, you said getting the adventure is a challenge by itself).
    And maybe you forgot, so, maybe you need a reminder, but all tailor adventures are on merchant, epic tab, available for star coins. It would be ridiculous to add some babas adventures for map fragments... just sayin'...

World
    Zeus
    While I appreciate that you've improved the reward system to allow for sub-quests to obtain some small tokens.
    I still do not agree with the requirements / setup of the weekly challenge in terms of level bracket difficulty breakdowns.

As a player who was just level 55 and switched to level 56. The weekly challenges went from doable to just completely unavailable (to nearly impossible) to complete.

Specifically the requirement of Woodcutter Adventures. (Sure you made the Young Wood Cutter in the adventures shop for fragments) HOWEVER, None of the weekly challenges actually uses that actual map. They require a "drop" map from finishing the woodcutter. First Thief, Second Thief, etc.

On top of a drop chance of trying to obtain the map you need. You need 2 of them. Are you F***** kidding me?? Do you realize that it's nearly impossible in a week to just produce enough troops or have enough resources to even complete the woodcutter itself and then to randomly get/hope to get the actual map you need for the weekly challenge times a factor of 2-3 (depending on the challenge). And then having to actually do those challenges as well.

Sorry, but that's just a huge difficulty curb. It's outrageous. I should have just turtled doing the weekly challenges as a low level and gain XP only from weekly challenges rather than waste my time doing black knights and other adventures (Nord) trying to gain XP to reach 56. Should have stayed at 54 and 55 for as long as I can.

My feedback is maybe you need to breakdown the difficulty bracket further. and scale back the requirements progressively. reduce the requested adventures down to 1- rather than 2 and 3. I definitely do not have enough resources to even amass that many elite troops.

Needless to say, Weekly Challenges came to a complete halt for me. I was happy a few weeks ago when I saw Scenarios being offered in the adventure shops, so I could do Heart of Woods and Riches of the Mountain. And suddenly, bam. I can't do any more weekly challenges. I'm pretty pissed actually about level bracket change.

And then there's the Co-OP weekly challenge quest. That's a big NOPE. major fail there. Co-Op requirements need to be completely removed from weekly challenge period.

Other improvements would be to offer more variety of choices. And stop asking us to do maps that are drop chance. This is RANDOM drop maps like woodcutter thief 1 thief 2 thief 3. You guys said weekly challenges wasn't going to depend on 'chance'. Map Drops = Chance. You understand right? Sorry you failed your own mission statement for challenges.

World
    Ares
    I enjoy the "Weekly Challenges" & thank you for them, however they are resource grabbers and having to do 2-3 of the same adventure is difficult. Many in my guild don't bother with them, felling they are not worth the resources & effort for the meager rewards. I like rewarding the sub-quests as long as it is a REAL awarding reward. Also, please consider the value of resources and time involved in completing them when increasing the final reward and increase it with a % ratio!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    When asked I submitted a detailed response of how the game would prevent me from doing any of the weekly challenges once I transitioned to the next level bracket until I had advanced my level to at least half way through the new level range in order to have a chance to gather and produce everything required.

In the minimal "adjustments" mentioned, I see nothing that would even begin to address those faults of the system.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I find the costs to be too high, not just for the rewards but for my expense, time and trouble.

Seriously, two Arabian adventures for the first leg is a bit much. I don't bother with them for any reward.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I am probably one of the players doing the weeklies if I have the adv available. However, a list or variety would still help. I have most problems with running 3 WWs, just because it seems whenever they come up, nobody else has the same quest and going to Trade it can literally take hours to get 4 players together. Improvement would maybe also be to sync the weeklies in guild, this way people running adv with ls or coops have an easier time finding guild mates to run it with. It worked really well for the Valentine's Day event in our guild.

Reply to Thread