Reply to Thread

Thread: Server was down this morning. Unable to buff. Any recourse?

Recruit

Server was down this morning. Unable to buff. Any recourse?

Love the game, but it's frustrating when the server goes down and we are unable to buff or change our buildings. Consequently, there are a lot of lost resources through no fault of our own. Is there a way for the admins to fix this issue or give us our lost resources? When the server goes down, it'd be nice to be made aware. Also, the twitter alert was many hours after the server went down. I'm done ranting and obviously will continue playing but some acknowledgement of the issues and how they will be fixed and how players will be compensated would be appreciated. Thanks.

Soldier
    You have to remember that the game is in Beta and should expect the server to be down alot for all sorts of things.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Also, realize that the Developers are in Germany, so were probably asleep, and it was a weekend here as well. The twitter and facebook alerts occurred once the US team at UbiSoft realized what was happening, but most companies shut down for the weekend, so I think we have to give them credit for working in their "off time".

As far as the game going down, I noticed the Forums were down at the same time with a Database problem, so I kindof suspect a database crash. Knowing the kind of problems THOSE can cause, I have to give the team credit for getting it back up and going as soon as they did. (without us losing any account info, or items/levels, etc.) It *COULD* have been much worse.

Thank you Draxxon for your support on this, the Blue Byte team is located in Germany and as you guys have said most of the maintenance goes on in the late hours to prevent server log in issues to the players here. The server remains running during this time and is never offline for to long to amount to a large production loss. maintenance is usually done Thursday nights at around midnight till early mornings weekly so this should be expected, in the future you could plan some of your production around this.

Reply to Thread