Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Traitors Adventure

[Guide] Traitors Adventure

****WARNING******
    THIS GUIDE IS OUT OF DATE SINCE THE EASTER PATCH
    ****WARNING******

UPDATES TO COME!

The Traitor's adventure has become one of my favorites recently. It gives over 8700 XP, and if you get granite, then the loot isn't so bad either, and all of this for a reasonable troop loss. I've read all the walk through guides on the CEO forum, and I've found that none of those guides gave the best troop counts, nor did any of them really discuss the 2 block attacks you can do on this map. I've gotten some ideas from the German walk through and I used the German battle sim to get a good idea of the most efficient troop counts for each of the attacks you will do. Obviously, you can skip the first 3 camps on this map. My attack chart starts with attacking the leader of the 1st sector and then moving on from there. I've also attached two photo's to help you visualize where to place your generals for the two successful block attacks you can do on this map, and a screen shot I've taken of the island. I hope you enjoy and please leave any comments and suggestions you have.

**Update Note: Please note that you may need to allow the blocking general to travel an extra 1 or 2 spaces before you send your attacking general. This could be because of network lag between your computer and the game servers.
    **As always, if you think your block may not work, please hit the retreat button on your attacking general before he begins battle on the wrong camp.

-=Traitors Adventure=-

*Sector 1*

1st Camp: Leader (60LBD, 40SD)
    Most Efficient Way:
    Send: 26R 1S 163C 10X
    I Lost: 24R

If you have no crossbowmen:
    Send: 30R 170C
    Avg Loss: 26R

*Sector 2*

2nd Camp: Medium (60LBD, 60SD)
    Most Efficient Way:
    Send: 45R 1S 114C 40X
    Avg Loss: 42R

I don't have 40X, only have 15x so I sent:
    Send: 45R 1S 114C 25LB 15X
    I Lost: 43R

Send: 50R 80C 70LB
    Avg Loss: 43R

3rd Camp: Medium (40MD 40CD 30LBD 20SD)
    Most Efficient Way:
    Send:122R 78Cannons
    Avg Loss:111R

I don't have Cannons or Elite Soldiers, so I sent:
    Send:140R 10M 50S
    I Lost:136R

Or with no militia
    Send:145R 55S
    Avg Loss:137R

4th Camp: Medium (60MD 60CD 60SD)
    BLOCK ATTACK; Attack this camp with a 1R block suicide attack to skip it. (see attached photo)
    **Update Note: Please note that you may need to allow the blocking general an to travel an extra 1 or 2 spaces before you send your attacking general. This could be because of network lag between your computer and the game servers.
    Send:1R
    Avg Loss:1R and 1 General (2hr/4hr recovery)

5th Camp: Leader (100LBD 60SD)
    Attack this leader when the other general reaches the opening in the fence (see attached photo)
    Most Efficent Way:
    Send:54R 1S 120C 25X
    Avg Loss:53R

I don't have 25X, I only have 15X, so I sent:
    Send: 54R 1S 120C 10LB 15X
    I Lost: 54R

Send: 60R 9M 11LB 120C
    Avg Loss: 60R 4M

*Sector 3, Final Sector*

6th Camp [Southern Camp]: Medium (100 LBD 100SD)
    Most Efficient Way
    Send: 50S 120C 30 Cannons
    Avg Loss: 45S

No Cannons, But with Crossbowmen:
    Send: 52S 115C 33X
    Avg Loss: 46S

I don't have Cannons or 33X, I only have 15X, so I sent:
    Send: 52S 115C 18LB 15X
    I Lost:48S

If you have no cannons or crossbowmen, and would rather lose militia:
    Send: 90M 90C 20LB
    Loss: 84M

If you don't want to lose as many militia:
    Send: Wave 1: 200R - Wave 2: 160C 40M
    Avg Loss: 200r 11m

7th Camp [Northern Camp]: Medium (50CD 150SD)
    **Update Note: Please note that you may need to allow the blocking general an to travel an extra 1 or 2 spaces before you send your attacking general. This could be because of network lag between your computer and the game servers.
    BLOCK ATTACK; you can "skip" this camp by sending 2 generals, one right after another,
    each with 1R, and then immeaditly send your attack on the white castle, but I couldn't get
    that to work, so I sent 1 general with enough recruits to last 2 rounds in battle (see attached photo)
    Send: 125R
    I Lost: 125R, 1 General (2hr/4hr recovery)

Last Camp: White Castle (1 Sir Robin, 1 Big Bertha, 60CD, 60LBD, 60SD)
    Attack as soon as you send the other general (see attached photo)
    Most Efficient Way:
    Send:165S 35 Elite Soldiers
    Avg Loss: 145S

I don't have any elite soldiers, so I sent:
    Send: 200S
    I Lost: 142s (good RNG I guess)

-=TOTALS=-

Total* Average Loss:

Most Efficient battles average:
    546 Total Troops
    356 Recruits
    190 Soldiers

My Personal Battles:
    573 Troops
    383 Recruits
    190 Soldiers

Total Loss for no xbow averages:
    626 Troops
    391 Recruits
    88 Militia
    147 Soldiers

*If you can get the double block to work for you on your White Castle attempt, then your
    losses on this block attack would be only 2 recruits (and 2 general deaths), instead of
    the 125 recruits that I sacrificed, in which case you may remove 123 recruit deaths from
    these totals.

traitors map overview2 small.jpg1st Block Attack small.jpg2nd Block Attack small.jpg
    Last edited by Crusty-Bum; 04-16-12 at 03:26 pm.
    I Like it Crusty!

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Your numbers are definitely lower than the other guides I've read. Although losing 190 soldiers is still a huge loss.
    Thanks for the updates, I might actually consider doing traitors now (wasn't even gonna bother before).

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Very nice tips on the blocking.

one the first blocking move I needed to actually let the blocking general go thru the gate about 2 squares to get the timing right. I had my attacking general in the farthest south east spot. I think that is the same one as you show in pic.

one the block to the castle I actually put both generals to the farthest east positions, and sent them one after the other. single block, didn't try to double block. There are actually at least 4 spots to the far east that the castle attacking general will track correctly before going into the red of the blocked camp. The castle attack is also a pretty small window to get your general to the castle.

ty for post

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusty-Bum View Post
    -=TOTALS=-

Total* Average Loss:

Most Efficient battles average:
    546 Total Troops
    356 Recruits
    190 Soldiers

My Personal Battles:
    573 Troops
    383 Recruits
    190 Soldiers

Total Loss for no xbow averages:
    626 Troops
    391 Recruits
    88 Militia
    147 Soldiers
    Well considering most Guides I've seen reference losses in 12xx Recruits + More this doesn't seem so bad ok so there is a fair amount of Soldiers but vs the +800'ish Recruits other guides state, this might be a worthwhile venture.

Thanks CB nice info

I ran Traitors again today and I also had to let the general pass through and beyond the gate opening for the block attack to work. And I had to do something similar with the second block attack. That was the first time in 10 runs I had to change it up. Might have been lag, but I don't know. I'll run this a few more times, and if I notice a change, i'll update this guide.
    Last edited by Crusty-Bum; 02-21-12 at 05:29 pm.
    I Like it Crusty!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I'm going to have to give this a try, have you attempted 3 generals sending the first 2 generals with 1 recruit to each leaders camp in section3 than shortly after sending the 3rd general to attack the white castle? I think I may try that and see how it works. Thanks for your work on this!

World
    Zeus
    Crusty,
    great guide!
    Moves it into very playable category.

World
    Zeus
    this guide has a lower troop loss count:
    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/446...ors17block.jpg

Losing Soliders is not very good as losing Recruits (cheaper)

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    this guide has a lower troop loss count:
    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/446...ors17block.jpg
    He's using Veteran Generals in that guide, with 250 troops per wave. So yeah, it's not surprising that he comes out better.

his non veteran guide states a loss of 900 settlers. If you got his double block to work, and like I stated in my * note at the bottom, you could save an additional 123 recruits from the totals that I've posted, so, your losses from my guide could be as low as 423 total settlers. And yes, 190 of them are soldiers, but with using recruits and loosing 900 total settlers, that's a difference of 477 settlers, and at 25 bread per settler, that's 11,925 bread, and at 12 coin per stack of bread, that's about 350 coin in bread alone. So your not saving as much coin in resources as you might think if you are not including the fact that you are going to spend bread to make retired settlers.
    I Like it Crusty!

Reply to Thread