Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 23.05.2018

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    Dear Settlers,

The recently published Change log lists the new features and improvements to be implemented in our server. Kindly leave your feedback and questions in the comments below.

Happy Settling,

BB_Odhran
    improvements lol

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I am a traumatic brain injury survivor, and I rely on being able to check repeatedly and quickly in order to progress efficiently in an adventure map. Taking away the display of the contents of a camp when hovering over it with the attack pointer is kind of discriminatory to people with short term memory disabilities. Also I suggest changing your outlook toward making "improvements" to the game to focus on making gameplay smoother and easier, while creating greater challenges in the game content, not the other way around.

World
    Zeus
    Can we not get some QOL upgrades please? Can I not send all my explorers and geos with less than 100 clicks. Can you add more FT's and Woodcutters into the frag store. I love the new quests for stalks, but tired of the RNG of getting better adventures.
    Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHomer View Post
    I expect a BB response to this. I got through six of the nine PF tasks by Tuesday... earned myself 1K granite and 800 grout. Today I log in and the PF is going to give me 15 crystals I don't need if I bother to finish the Pathfinder.

So it appears I get exactly ZERO star coins this week, earning 1000 granite, 800 grout and 15 crystals. This is ridiculous. I don't think I'm going to play until I see a response to this. I'll just log in for daily stuff, check here, and leave.

Remember the day the game was down (Sunday in the US), many of us missed the 5K star coins that week as well. So I should probably have something on the order of 7500 to 10000 more SC than I have now. I don't really care about the rest of it. I can easily get grout and granite from AB's or mines, and 15 crystals is about 1.5 days of daily quests on premium vs two weeks of star coins now.
    I guess I do not warrant a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Olfred View Post
    Speaking from the other end of the spectrum, as having already hit level 75, I am amazed at the complaining going on so I’ll hit on some of those comments/complaints. I don’t always agree with what the dev’s do in this game either. However, I make my own choice every day to play or not based on those changes. We’re not forced to play this game. Adventuring shouldn’t be a “grind” – that sounds more like a chore you have to do and not something you choose to do. Pathfinder is also something we’re not forced to complete so saying we “have” to do it is not true. It’s always been a choice, whether to do everything to get the star coins or not. Changing the rewards for completing Pathfinder still doesn’t force you to do it. If you don’t like the rewards, don’t do it. Same with any other aspect of this game, PVP included.
    Olfred, you lay it out nicely, I am making the choice not to play based on recent changes. I disagree with both the changes and how they were implemented.

Guess I'll log in today, it might be the last time, if it is, then thanks to all I played with for 6 years. I find other than a few people like Evil_J, Raubhautz, Battlefart, Kanks and a few other guildmates plus a random TO friend or three, there is not much reason to log in recently.

It's possible I'll check out the MCC or the next event, but my biggest fun in logging in recently has been the Pathfinder. Instead of using it to vary my gameplay even more, they made it worth less to complete. That's backwards in my book, and removed some of my remaining fun.

EDIT: I owe someone a loot spot still for Second Thief lol. Guess I'll be logging a couple more times, can't have my angst ruin another player's day.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHomer View Post
    I expect a BB response to this. I got through six of the nine PF tasks by Tuesday... earned myself 1K granite and 800 grout. Today I log in and the PF is going to give me 15 crystals I don't need if I bother to finish the Pathfinder.

So it appears I get exactly ZERO star coins this week, earning 1000 granite, 800 grout and 15 crystals. This is ridiculous. I don't think I'm going to play until I see a response to this. I'll just log in for daily stuff, check here, and leave.

Remember the day the game was down (Sunday in the US), many of us missed the 5K star coins that week as well. So I should probably have something on the order of 7500 to 10000 more SC than I have now. I don't really care about the rest of it. I can easily get grout and granite from AB's or mines, and 15 crystals is about 1.5 days of daily quests on premium vs two weeks of star coins now.
    You should of still had the option to get the old rewards from this if you started it before the new update. If you are having issues with that please contact our Support team here.

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Olfred View Post
    Speaking from the other end of the spectrum, as having already hit level 75, I am amazed at the complaining going on so I’ll hit on some of those comments/complaints. I don’t always agree with what the dev’s do in this game either. However, I make my own choice every day to play or not based on those changes. We’re not forced to play this game. Adventuring shouldn’t be a “grind” – that sounds more like a chore you have to do and not something you choose to do. Pathfinder is also something we’re not forced to complete so saying we “have” to do it is not true. It’s always been a choice, whether to do everything to get the star coins or not. Changing the rewards for completing Pathfinder still doesn’t force you to do it. If you don’t like the rewards, don’t do it. Same with any other aspect of this game, PVP included.

It is easier than ever to level up faster with the new quests (Shiny Gemstone, Deer Tracker & Lost Puppy). We have been given more and more to make this game easier. Majors, MMA’s, COA’s and the other generals have made the adventures faster with fewer losses. Fairytale’s, Ali Baba’s and soon the Mountain Clan adventures have given us more choices of what adventures to play with higher rewards. Excelsior and all the ventures and side quests it has given us help with the leveling process. New buildings, being able to upgrade to level 6, better buffs, zone buffs, etc. All of these things have been given to us to make the game easier, faster and more fun.

This game, and it is after all just a game, is all about choices. You choose what you want to make of the game, how far you want to go, whether to spend your hours talking in Global, posting your thoughts, ideas or complaints by the hundreds and for some, the thousands, in Forum, just adventuring, or a combination of one or more of these things. We have been given those choices. To expect everything to be given to us without the output on our side is ridiculous. Just as in real life you choose what to spend your time on. We all have a real life with families, jobs, homes to look after. You don’t get things in real life without the effort, why would you expect it here…

You can get to level 75, or whatever level your goal is. Yes, it takes hard work and tons of adventuring to do it. It can’t be done just doing lootspots and the minis that come from some of them, you have to put in the effort and do the adventures yourself.

Personally, I’d prefer the dev’s stop with any new features until they get the mechanics of the game working correctly. Lags, freezing, downtime and game glitches happen more frequently than ever before and yet, these things do not seem to get corrected – at least not for any length of time.
    I checked the name of the forum here ... yep, just as I thought, it's FEEDBACK. I always love it when people (usually people who are way past where most are in the game and thus totally unaffected by any changes made) get on here and say - hey, stop giving feedback, just accept whatever you are "given".

LOL. Yes, the game is better than it was 5 years ago, no doubt. That doesn't mean every change is/has been good, or made the game better or more playable.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Constructive feedback is totally different from complaining, both of which are plentiful in forum. One helps, one hinders. I didn't say stop the feedback - I only commented on the complaining and never did I say accept whatever you are "given". I will say however, that if you work with what you are given you can level.

Totally unaffected by the changes? I think not as 1. I still play the game on Ares and 2. I also play the game on another server where I am not yet level 75.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriond View Post
    I checked the name of the forum here ... yep, just as I thought, it's FEEDBACK. I always love it when people (usually people who are way past where most are in the game and thus totally unaffected by any changes made) get on here and say - hey, stop giving feedback, just accept whatever you are "given".

LOL. Yes, the game is better than it was 5 years ago, no doubt. That doesn't mean every change is/has been good, or made the game better or more playable.
    Perhaps my reading comprehension is different than yours, but I never once noticed a line that said "accept what you are given" Commenting on posts is good, but not putting words in others mouths. That was simply not what was said.

Have fun with the game!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggi2000 View Post
    Perhaps my reading comprehension is different than yours, but I never once noticed a line that said "accept what you are given" Commenting on posts is good, but not putting words in others mouths. That was simply not what was said. ...
    You may be correct that the literal wording was not there, but here is the inferences that do suggest such a thing, read what is meant, and not what you wish it to be (or not be in this case):

Code:
    ...However, I make my own choice every day to play or not based on those changes.  We’re not forced to play this game.  Adventuring shouldn’t be a “grind” – that sounds more like a chore you have to do and not something you choose to do... Pathfinder still doesn’t force you to do it.  If you don’t like the rewards, don’t do it.  Same with any other aspect of this game, PVP included...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriond View Post

Could not agree more. Standing on his (her?) soap-box after the fact and looking back to point fingers... How typical. From what I have read, most (not all) of the complaints DO offer feedback that is constructive; it may not be what other commenter's like and thus not be considered constructive, but if taken at face-value, they are.

World
    Zeus
    Food Fight!!!!
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Reply to Thread