The H-A guild (Ares) launched the Flat Victor project in November 2014 in a bid to get to know each other better and have a little fun in the process. Inspired by the Flat Stanley project (https://www.flatstanley.com), the idea was to see how far and how quickly Victor the Vicious will circulate within our guild.

The rules were simple. Flat Victor (a VtV adventure) will visit a guildie who will send a guildwide email to inform everyone what he did while visiting. The guildie will then pass along Flat Victor to the next H-A member and we as a guild would share his adventures vicariously. The idea was to have Flat Victor visit as many guildies as possible and learn a little bit about each other in the process.
In all, it took a little over month and he was able to visit almost everyone in H-A at least once and a lucky few got to host him several times.

Here are a few stories from our very talented members:

Bufo

Victor leaned back in his chair and reflected on his recent travels. His time with Toryis made him realize that he could never be man enough to hold the fiery likes of her. He thought Bufo might be able to talk him through it... How could he reconcile his intense feelings with what he was, and who he wanted to be? But Bufo was on his way to an adventure and only had time to say hello and farewell, offering Victor full run of his Mayor's House while he was gone.

Victor hadn't moved from that chair since he arrived. The words he wanted to say seemed jumbled up in his mind and they mocked him from the piece of parchment on which they were written. The quill in his hand felt strangely out of place and he found himself longing for the comforting grip of his bow instead. A forgotten cigarette smoldered in the ashtray at the corner of his desk while gossamers of pale velvet drifted upward until they faded from view. "So this is it," he said to himself and tapped the quill on the desk for emphasis, leaving a tiny blob of ink in its wake. "My life will never be the same from this point on..."

He stood up and walked to the window. From there he could see the hunting grounds that he had wasted so many years trying to claim for his own. When a bluebird landed on the windowsill, he knew it was time to start the next phase of his life. He turned back to the desk, ran his thumb through the blob of ink, and pressed it firmly at the bottom of the first real letter he had ever written. A tear came to his eye as he read it one last time:

Dear Wild Mary,
You will always have a special place in my soul. Every time I see a pile of sacrificed recruits, please know that I will be thinking of you and the great times we had. But alas... my heart belongs to another, and it is time for me to face the truth. From this day forward, I will no longer be Victor the Vicious. I have heard of a noble and wise sorceress named Drischavrel who can wield the greatest of magic, and so my quest for transformation will begin with her.
Yours Truly,
Vicky the Valiant

Victor rolled the parchment up and tied it to the leg of the bluebird with some twine. His gaze followed the bird's graceful path through the air as it carried news of his hopes and dreams to his beloved Mary. Then he grabbed his pack and started making his way to Drischavrel's island.
Juele

Victor showed up at my doorsteps late Christmas night looking chilled and worn out. He mentioned that it took him quite some time to find my place, getting lost several times travelling the unmarked roads out in the country. I moved a chair close to the fireplace for him, and pulled out the vodka. I served him a hearty platter full of turkey leftovers, which he quickly devoured, and then we drank and shared stories. It didn't take long before the full belly, alcohol, and rearing fire brought the weary traveller to a deep sleep. I threw a blanket over him, and another log onto the fire, and let him rest.

The next morning, Victor awoke to the smell of fresh bread in the oven and bacon on the stove. He ate his weight in breakfast and I could tell he was feeling quite relaxed. I felt slightly guilty before making my next move-- but only slightly. I informed Victor that it had been a long long time since I had a babysitter or the opportunity to go out without kids in tow, and that he could consider this payment for all the good home cooking. Before he could ask me what I meant, I was kissing the kids goodbye and out the door. I hit the town and had a lovely day treating myself to lunch and a little shopping therapy.

After a few hours of some 'me' time, I returned home to find Victor sitting uncomfortably at the kids table, the baby in one hand, and a teacup in the other. He wore a tablecloth around his neck like a cape, an old sun hat upon his head, and plastic jewelry along his fingers and arms. His face was smeared with bright pink lipstick and blue eyeshadow, and his eyes looked a little crazed. My daughter giggled as she reminded him to keep his pinky up, as she refilled his cup with iced tea. I hid a grin as he passed the baby to me with shaky arms. I started to ask Victor if he would be spending another night, and my daughter excitedly told him that they could play princess, and barbies, and colour, and she would teach him a new song she had learned. Without hesitation, Victor was out the door, shouting behind him that he was late to visit with Frenchie. I don't think he realized that he left still dressed in his tea party attire...
FrenchieLeBarber

So...like most every 6 month clients, Victor stopped in for his holiday haircut (a couple days late). Remembering how I was screwed over in almost all of my adventures with Victor, I decided to give him a reverse mohawk, also known as a Ben Franklin. (Think Tim Tebow's rookie haircut). Victor then asked for a shave and I saw this as the best opportunity to off him for good. But being in the holiday spirit and taking more satisfaction of knowing he'd have to walk the lands with that wonderful haircut, I decided to give him a proper shave...hot lather, steam towel and the best smelling cheap aftershave around...Musk Deer Fragrance. I advised him to avoid hunter shacks and deer stalker huts for a while. Thinking Victor wouldn't tip me, I charged him double the rate. I was right...no tip. I sent him on his way to zack05.

The full H-A FlatVictor Project diary