Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Guild Quests and Personal Quests - Not worth it

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

New Guild Quests and Personal Quests - Not worth it

I logged in today excited for the new guild quest but after seeing it I'm sadly disappointed.

Today's quest for my guild was turn in 3000 HWP and get in return 10 Gold, 5 Titanium ore and if 49 other people finished it I would also get 203 exps.

That rate of return on 3000 HWP is laughable. I'm not going to do it and I have HWP to burn.

It's a great idea to put guild quests into the game but at least make the return on them something other than a joke.

Please.

Ditto for the personal quest today, 30 gold and 50 horses to get 200 bronze swords and 50 bread??? I can do way better than that in trade.

Yes I realize they are optional and I don't have to do them but why bother putting the time and effort into adding a feature to the game that no sane person would use?
    Last edited by Xarthic; 08-16-12 at 05:10 am.

Recruit
    3000 HWP for 10 GC!? lol

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Our guild quest is 4k water for 10 GC and if 30 guild members complete we get 147 XP. Yes, a huge joke.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    lol.... i was hoping for 1k xp daily.... thinking an equivalent of Nords every month would be weak, but acceptable.... 147 XP is a cruel joke

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarthic View Post
    I logged in today excited for the new guild quest but after seeing it I'm sadly disappointed.

Today's quest for my guild was turn in 3000 HWP and get in return 10 Gold, 5 Titanium ore and if 49 other people finished it I would also get 203 exps.

That rate of return on 3000 HWP is laughable. I'm not going to do it and I have HWP to burn.

It's a great idea to put guild quests into the game but at least make the return on them something other than a joke.

Please.

Ditto for the personal quest today, 30 gold and 50 horses to get 200 bronze swords and 50 bread??? I can do way better than that in trade.

Yes I realize they are optional and I don't have to do them but why bother putting the time and effort into adding a feature to the game that no sane person would use?
    so in other words, you pay BB 65 gp (80gp for 8 stacks of HWP) for 200 XP .... thanks i'll just keep doing Traitors 1st camp (70 gp (or so) for 2,000 xp)

World
    Zeus
    It's horrid....absolutely horrid. Everyone's sub quest towards the goal of 200XP is different but they are all equally trash. I don't typically complain, but I laughed out loud when I saw the reward of 10 gold and 5 granite for my 3000 tools and 1000 marble. No thanks Ubi...I did it today just to see if we can complete it, but it will probably be the last quest I donate too. That reward is just poop...putting it nicely. I need on 157,000 to complete the level I'm on, and you want 4000 resources from me for a not even guaranteed 203xp? I will LOL at this all day....

I will say I'm happy with everything else, but this makes no sense. The daily quests are...not great but acceptable. The moving system is very fair imo for cost and actually makes it feasable to remodel without rebuilding. I like the quest book and the new design changes, but the guild quests....just doesn't fit the rest of the updates. How is it even "close"...to acceptable. Get your riot gear ready...I hear thunder coming. 34 members*~4000 resources from each member is what around 136,000 resources from a guild, for 7000 experience split 34 ways....see picture...
    Last edited by Jigsaw; 08-16-12 at 06:58 am. Reason: Was laughing so hard I made typos

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Zeus
    I canceled mine this morning. Unfortunately about 8 of my members got ripped off before I got online. The wording "make available" is so misleading, who would guess it really means "we want to buy your resources for this reward amount". It really should be reworded.

Anyway I'm canceling them anytime we see the "make these resources available" phrase and if that's what they always say then I guess that means we'll never do guild quests. We'll be better off than any guild who does them.

lord_william_999
    Did this new Guild quest replace the daily quest?

Former Community Manager BB_Katealyst's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Hey guy,

Thanks for your feedback on this, and keep it coming. I will be collecting it to show the Blue Byte team.

-Katealyst

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I personally have played MMO's for about 14 years now. Recently due to ridiculous changes on one mmo after playing it since beta I resigned myself to end a 8 year game and "wow" I was relieved. Soon however I found myself wanting the social interaction of the MMO and after trying several other games I found you. While I know you offer your game for "FREE" we all know of the truth in gems. I am not upset at your system of collecting money nor your game play in general. However I have now tested your soon to be released update and then this morning I was hit with the Guild Quest. If these are any sign of things to come I am sure the pvp will wreak havoc on my Island which I spend real world cash on. Well needless to say I am sure that soon I will return to searching for a MMO and leave this one also. Oh btw this is purely a reflection on your money grubing corperate bosses and know you the individual programers who are being told to wrack up the cash value for the CEO's are not at fault.

P.S. Really 5k of resources for 5 granite and 10g and a pittance of exp, Please next time point a gun at me so I feel properly held up.

Reply to Thread