Reply to Thread

Thread: Halloween tips and tricks for new players

Noble
    World
    Ares

Halloween tips and tricks for new players

I made a quick cheat sheet for some of our newbie guildies who are going to experience the event for the first time. Hope it might help you too.

Event info page on Wiki:
    http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/even...en-event-2016/

*You will not get everything you would like. Make peace with it and set your goals for what is most important for you. Generals? Check the generals overview and ask players which ones would they recommend for a newbie. Buildings? Improved buildings are the newest and most valuable. Generally, I wouldn't stress about buying buffs. Get what suits you best, and let it be till next year when you get even more.

*Explorers bring pumpkins. As always long treasure search is the most resources for the time spent when you are away from game. When you are playing it might work better to send them on shorter searches.

*You can turn your pumpkin fields off. While they are off the harvest timer is still going on them, but they will not yield any pumpkins until they are on again. Buff your fields with shortest 3/4x buff, turn them on to collect the pumpkins and turn them back off. The 1hr field might be a bit of a hassle so you can perhaps keep it running while buffed, but the 4/8hrs might be worth the trouble of keeping the routine. Up to you.

*Doing quest chain and achievements rewards pumpkins. Check the achievement tab to see which one you may be able to crank during the event time window.

*Killing Golems rewards pumpkins. Higher level Golem you get, more resources will it take to kill it (by making the required buffs). Check at what point it becomes too expensive for you to keep it going.

*Stack up on resources to sell for the event. Everyone will need to kill golems so prices of certain stuff might be worth selling. You can either trade those for pumpkins directly or sell for coin and buy some pumpkins from Trade Office. As always during events, checking TO few times a day (if it possible) might be worth the time.

*Count buying pumpkins from other players as another source of them. Even top players with 20 explorers searching day and night still buy event resources. Check what quantities sell best/best price. Usually smaller quantities are faster sales. Than again, with stable economy and many high lever players selling large and still getting top price might not be a problem.

*If the economy on your server is pretty stable you can expect the same scenario of prices. First few days top, than slowly getting lowered during mid time and dropping even lower toward the end. It proved to be profitable to sell your event resources during the first week, and start buying them back from middle of the event toward the end. I was able to almost double my event resources gain this way last 5 events.

*Don't forget you can post your offers for pumpkins in Trade Office. If your server has a pretty good economy and many players are trading during the event, posting an offer 10-30% below what others are asking can bring a nice sell/buy. Patience, and checking the TO prices is the key.

*If you have difficult time finding pumpkins on your island, ask a guildie to search for them in exchange of you searching his/her island. It is easy to overlook spawning collectibles on your own island that your know the layout so well.

Hope all newbies will find it helpful. If you have other tips post them in here. New players often feel overwhelmed during events with so many tings going on. Lets make it easier on the first timers.

Enjoy
    [11:48] davivo: I don't know why you pick on the Nords so much, they're such nice friendly folk looking for a place to raise their kids
    [11:50] aZr4el: not my fault that they carry lots of xp around and wont part with it unless you take it from their dead bodies

World
    Zeus
    Nice job Pinkleet! Just gonna add my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkleet View Post
    *Explorers bring pumpkins. As always long treasure search is the most resources for the time spent when you are away from game. When you are playing it might work better to send them on shorter searches.
    If you're a person who buys gems and is on a lot during events, savage scouts are one of the best investments you can make. Every event, they bring back the event currency, pumpkins, presents, etc. It might be small amounts, but they add up pretty quickly. I got as many savage scouts as I could afford and have never regretted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkleet View Post
    *Killing Golems rewards pumpkins. Higher level Golem you get, more resources will it take to kill it (by making the required buffs). Check at what point it becomes too expensive for you to keep it going.
    If you're in a guild with some higher level players, or if you have any higher level friends, they can buff the Golem for you if you can't afford to make the buffs. Don't be shy about asking for help with this during the event. Most high level players are pretty generous. When you get to be high level you can pay it forward by helping any newbies you know.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Thanks Perwyn for great tips. Guildies can definitely help with golems. Higher level players can easily spare few thousand of raw resources to help new members get more pumpkins. At the resources accumulated over years can be finally put to good use instead of gathering dust in the storehouse
    [11:48] davivo: I don't know why you pick on the Nords so much, they're such nice friendly folk looking for a place to raise their kids
    [11:50] aZr4el: not my fault that they carry lots of xp around and wont part with it unless you take it from their dead bodies

Reply to Thread