Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Blog: General Skill Tree

World
    Ares

[Feedback] Dev Blog: General Skill Tree

General Skill Tree
    Dear Settlers,

Please leave your feedback for the latest Dev Blog.

Have fun,

BB_Aeyline

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    In general I support the decisions made by developers along the way. I've been excited ever since the news that the generals would be given skills. At the moment I'm intensely absorbed in simulating, thinking and making decisions about the skills for my generals. And I'm pleased with the performance of my first fully skilled general. This development has been well conceived and is much appreciated. Thanks for this post; it was very interesting to read about what went on behind the scenes on this one.

World
    Zeus
    That was a really good blog. I'm happy to see something is in the works to address walking speed on attacks. I've been very vocal about my displeasure with Jog all along, so seeing a solution is in the pipeline makes me realize you did hear us on test. Thanks for working something out.

Overall the skill tree is pretty fantastic. I've skilled my main attack gens and the overall effect of the skills I've chosen is a very large reduction in losses in Ali adventures, so far 27 to 28%. This is a huge saving in the Elite Barracks!! It's been fun figuring out the skills and will continue to be fun figuring out what changes if any can be made to attacks in various adventures to make them more effective.

Thanks BB for continuing to improve the game.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    We are going to introduce a new type of zone-wide buff that increases general movement speed. Weaker buffs will be producible (relatively cheap) in provision houses, and more powerful buffs will be available as loot and at the Merchant for gems and star coins. While this is a less permanent investment than the science system, the buffs affect all generals at once and do not come at the cost of sacrificing other skills. I hope you are looking forward to them!
    Please make this top priority

I hope you will take it as a sign of how passionate we are about this update.

We already have a lot of new content in store for the next months, and I hope you are looking forward to learning what we have planned.
    Yes.. agreed

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I must admit that the general skill tree turned out a LOT better than I originally expected, based on the early preview. It appears to be pretty well balanced for both newer and older players. In the blog, I particularly appreciated the insight into the history of the development. This 'look behind the curtains' into how this was developed and the thought processes and trade-offs made was, in my opinion, invaluable.
    My first fully skilled general has turned out to be very valuable, saving roughly 25% on most adventures I've tried, when used properly. This makes the investment into books worthwhile.
    Thanks for continuing to improve the game!

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Wow, Im very impressed with the skill tree for generals and that you made important skills accessible to lower levels. I'm soooo looking forward seeing the speed buffs. I've been joking with other players that I wish there was a hot pepper powder buff that can be tossed under horses bum for some time now .
    Any chance we can use fish for some of those buffs?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Manuscript Recipe & new general skill tree

I've been trying for months to get the Manuscript Recipe. After at least 50 tries (quest drops, Compass ect), all I get is gems. Is this a glitch?

I've read that most people get the Manuscript Recipe after the first few tries. It's pretty tough to participate in new skill trees without it. Help?

Settler
    World
    Ares
    First, I very much appreciate the deployment of the general skill tree. All of the other bits that complement the update such as the improvements to tooltips and faster camp breakdown/setup are just icing on a very tasty cake for me.

Second, thank you for this blog post. It was informative and NOT too long.

Finally, thank you for keeping the development of new features coming. That's an important facet and I'm enjoying playing a lot more than I would be without the introduction of all these new goodies!

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Beefed up MG is great, gain 134 Merc Rs, gain 7k xp, save 49 MS from one Woodcutter.
    Faster movement is super bonus.
    General skills are worth running out of manus.
    Great job BB

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I haven't gotten to the rest of it yet because it will be a month or two before I have even a reasonable enough amount of books to put on more generals, but very satisfied with jog, decreased garrison building times, and flesh wound so far.

Even with the manuscript recipe, I'm still scraping together enough books, although eventually I will get back to a point where I have way more than I need. Hopefully guaranteed loot addresses the imbalance this puts on people who haven't gotten the recipe several months in.

I still think everyone got the better of things with jog as it is compared to what it originally appeared to be planned to be, but speed buffs seem to only solidify that. As long as they last for a reasonable amount of time, I would be interested in at least the weaker ones. Hopefully this means original provision house so I can use it for something other than quests.

Reply to Thread