Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] TSO is moving to Unity!

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    excellent idea ^^

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    so we are t-minus... what about 45 days to end of flash.

i have asked dozens of times in various places - here too..

what .. have .. you .. got.. planned.. for mac.. users

i have over 8 years invested in my island. and from what i see you are completely abandoning me in 45 days.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I think BB are installing Virtual Computers, your login is your game name and password combo. We will be able to directly login to their servers through a browser window. Yay!!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    so we are t-minus... what about 45 days to end of flash.

i have asked dozens of times in various places - here too..

i have over 8 years invested in my island. and from what i see you are completely abandoning me in 45 days.
    It would be nice to know!! Especially with the Christmas Event coming up fast. Lack of a clear answer will just keep gem sales down and many may avoid the christmas event all together if its going to stop Jan 1st on them. Truly hope the answer isnt the slim browser thing as many cant use it or even download it.

World
    Zeus
    Ignore answers to direct questions... check.
    Pretend to fix things, but not really... check.
    Over-complicate something that should have been much simpler... check.
    Suggest a plan of action that you know most people can't do... check.
    Spend time creating nonsense people didn't ask for instead of working on the problem at hand... check.
    Make promises that you know you can't keep... check.
    Take money from people for years and in the end leave them with nothing but confusion as to why things didn't work like they should have... check.

Is BB a game developer or part of the USA government?
    Conspiracy theories are so much fun ;-)

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    Not sure if you read all of the posts here or not. But Mac uses won't be negatively affected. Unity runs on almost every single browser out there. Some may require the Unity plugin/extension/addon to fully be functional, but they will run. Unity has been around for quite some time and major game titles use it as a game engine. It is Unreal Engine's direct competitor.
    If you are referring to the "transition" browser, I think SirPool who commented after your post is probably the most correct. It will run a lot like Puffin browser does now. The connection that's on your device is just a window into a virtual system on the devs systems. On *that* system is where Flash runs. So basically, the virtual systems that we would connect to would be purposefully outdated software wise to keep legacy software running. In other words, they won't be installing any patches to those systems during the transition to make sure they don't get knocked offline due to a goofed patch.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterTheSettler View Post
    Have you checked out Steam version? Based on that, it looks like there is OS X client - https://store.steampowered.com/app/3...ttlers_Online/
    Only works if you want to restart your game. cant move existing account to it

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Korishan View Post
    Not sure if you read all of the posts here or not. But Mac uses won't be negatively affected. Unity runs on almost every single browser out there. Some may require the Unity plugin/extension/addon to fully be functional, but they will run. Unity has been around for quite some time and major game titles use it as a game engine. It is Unreal Engine's direct competitor.
    If you are referring to the "transition" browser, I think SirPool who commented after your post is probably the most correct. It will run a lot like Puffin browser does now. The connection that's on your device is just a window into a virtual system on the devs systems. On *that* system is where Flash runs. So basically, the virtual systems that we would connect to would be purposefully outdated software wise to keep legacy software running. In other words, they won't be installing any patches to those systems during the transition to make sure they don't get knocked offline due to a goofed patch.
    well the test server version does not work for mac
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Korishan View Post
    i'm not concerned with Unity.. i already researched and know it runs multi platform. i'm concerned, and have asked bb directly dozens of times about the INTERIM client being mac compliant. as the CURRENT slim browser is windows only.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BSyndrome View Post
    Only works if you want to restart your game. cant move existing account to it
    steam version requires you to start a new account. in other words loose 8 years of game play / data / loot / buildings..

Reply to Thread