Reply to Thread

Thread: Cooldown Timers

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Question Cooldown Timers

In regards to the cool down timers of buildings, is there any word of the 48 hour timers (such as on scouting post, meadhall, etc) to be adjusted so that it is a 47 hour timer? (Such as the spring park)

It'd be nice not to have the creeping time problem. I know this was rectified for many other items / buffs, can it be done for the buildings that haven't already been rectified?

Thanks in advance.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    +1

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    +1

World
    Zeus
    +1

Please make cooldown timers consistent across all their applications.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    This is the reason why I was suggesting a BUFF queue that appends another buff to the current existing buff that's about to expire.

If the developers want to avoid buff queues being too OP, they can tweak it so that if there are 2-4 hours remaining on a buff, you can add another buff to append to the end of the duration to continue with the new buff when the existing one expires.

Why this is a big deal is - most players who have friends/guild members who share buffs have a daily routine. But sometimes those routine gets disrupted because of an emergency or something just came up and can only log on early to reapply buffs, but the buff hasn't expired yet so they cant do anything. Other cases, like maintenance times throwing off people's buff schedules. Or in the case you're mentioning above, buffs that have 12hrs or 48hrs exact creates a creeping sleeping schedule. For instance, my Xmas Market is on a 12hrs buff I have to wait exactly the 12 hrs or something I miss it by 30mins or an hour and then if I hit the apply button my schedule gets pushed back further. Even If I was on time exactly the 12hrs it still has a creeping 1-5minutes push back. I was hoping the Xmas buff would just overlap/overwrite the existing one and or extend the time, but it doesn't.

Buff Queues are the answer to buff timing problems.

Remember, this is not buff stacking (buffs do not stack) its buff queueing (meaning one is done, the next kicks in).

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    I will be sure to suggest this to the team to see what they can do with it.

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post

-BB_Odhran
    Please keep in mind there are two completely separate suggestions going on here. One regarding cooldown timers on buildings and buff purchases, the other on buff mechanics.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post

-BB_Odhran
    Thanks Odhran!

Also; thanks to everyone who up voted this.

RonEmpire; although that idea wasn't what I had been talking about, I like your idea as well!

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    I have passed the information on to our team. Thank you everyone for the suggestions.

-BB_Odhran

Reply to Thread