Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Diary Update 11/20

Settlers Guide
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_Kit View Post
    Yes, but that is also available to the PvP people. We want something that is available ONLY to those of us who are NON-PvP players. We want a NON-PvP place or SOMETHING (island, quests, adventures) for those of us who do not want to fight with others. We want a PsP (Players supportive of other Players) way to live peaceably and develop cool skills and features.
    Ah, every part of the current game is NON-PVP, and that will not change with the way they are adding PVP. Let them get PVP into the game and then they can get back to working on other things.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_Kit View Post
    Yes, but that is also available to the PvP people. We want something that is available ONLY to those of us who are NON-PvP players. We want a NON-PvP place or SOMETHING (island, quests, adventures) for those of us who do not want to fight with others. We want a PsP (Players supportive of other Players) way to live peaceably and develop cool skills and features.

For example, if you have achieved Extra Compassion, your ability to attract settlers to your island improves. Or perhaps training settlers in the diplomatic center (a special building like the barracks) allows those settlers to visit the Foreign Exchange Island, where additional goods can be obtained via benevolent actions and trades. In other words, the PsP option would have in it rewards equivalent to those obtainable on PvP islands, but these rewards would be obtainable via benevolent actions instead of via fighting.

There are already PLENTY of fight-with-each-other games out there. Some of us want a game (or part of a game, at least) that caters to the encouragement of benevolent attitudes and actions.
    I agree with this.

Some of us really detest the idea of PVP, and some of us detest even more the idea of valuable resources only being available through PVP, forcing us to either PVP or go without.

So the idea of PVP in this game is not a bad idea if there were not the advantage of the valuable resources, so adding a NON-PVP portion as suggested already would be a great way to balance this out.

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Graywolf View Post
    Which is what they told us last year... Not holding my breath on this one either...
    As far as I can see this Developer's Diary is no different than the previous other than a new author...
    Same old empty promises of new content... PvP? Sometime in the future... Level Cap lifted? Sometime in the future...

I guess i should of said in the next 5 years then... XD

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I love your ideas theyre awesome.

World
    Ares
    i'm soooooooo interested in this... n have 3 yrs of exp attk player on mmo's....

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarelyhere View Post
    Originally Posted by Rarelyhere
    I would like to see you implement a peace mode for the non pvp players that will still allow them to progress as quickly as the ppl who chose to go pvp. There would be one restriction in that once you choose non-pvp mode you cannot go pvp. Otherwise pvp mode is available to you. Switching to non-pvp mode would result in the loss of all captured and controled territory outside your home island. The main reason i like this game is because it is non-pvp. Going with pvp and rewarding ppl with extras that are not available to non-pvp ( peaceable players) gives the pvp'er an advantage in developement. Id prefer to not see the game go pvp but if you must you must.

Dident you see this?

Economic Adventures

This new type of adventure will feature challenges with little to no combat. Instead, they will contain difficult objectives for traders and economy buffs. Tightly balanced constraints such as starting resources, time limits, and limited building licenses will provide the challenge for these adventures. There will be rewards for the main goal, with bonus items attainable by completing optional side quests.

the above bold is quoted from The_Director. SRY i havent done quotes before and wasent sure how to proceed.

its also available to the pvp'er so there is still an imbalance. this is the first decent non-pvp game i have had the pleasure to play. It's always the pvp'ers who yell for pvp and because the peaceable or pve- co-operative players tend to be quiet as they are not confrontational. Well its time for us to speak up and say something. Lets keep one game for ourselves instead of it being ruined by demands for pvp content.

there is not an imballence or advantage against you from other players because they said all pvp would happen on a sepperate island from your own. if you dont play the pvp how can some one who does pvp have an advantage on you? your island will go as it always has

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconwolf View Post
    I agree with this.

Some of us really detest the idea of PVP, and some of us detest even more the idea of valuable resources only being available through PVP, forcing us to either PVP or go without.

So the idea of PVP in this game is not a bad idea if there were not the advantage of the valuable resources, so adding a NON-PVP portion as suggested already would be a great way to balance this out.

but if you think about it if they go this rout as you suggest then the non pvp players wont have to work as hard as the pvp players do to get said resources which wouldn't be fair to the pvp players... just saying.. its plain and simple if you dont want to play pvp you dont have to its a separate part of the game and to the people who decide they want to they are working for what they get!! so they earned it..

and one more point if you decide not to run adventures do you think that you should still get the same loot? and for what? just because you dont want to do a particular part of the game doesnt mean you should get the same rewards. if you decide not to build a gold mine should you get free gold? i could go on

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by stormdrum View Post
    but if you think about it if they go this rout as you suggest then the non pvp players wont have to work as hard as the pvp players do to get said resources which wouldn't be fair to the pvp players... just saying.. its plain and simple if you don't want to play pvp you don't have to its a separate part of the game and to the people who decide they want to they are working for what they get!! so they earned it..

and one more point if you decide not to run adventures do you think that you should still get the same loot? and for what? just because you don't want to do a particular part of the game doesn't mean you should get the same rewards. if you decide not to build a gold mine should you get free gold? i could go on
    lol You made my day. correctly made my argument with full force.

PvP is gonna happen guys. its not a if or maybe. they already have a date set for next year. They already have the sketches needed to start. No-one is going to stop this one from coming, and it will bring new players in. and after that nasty rollback, its needed.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Regarding the banking of XP for lv50 players, I'd suggest capping it, so they can't get too big a jump. Maybe 2-3 levels worth.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Spanky
    Monkey
    I cant wait for pvp