Reply to Thread

Thread: Tablet Support Suggestion - Placing Buildings

Settler
    World
    Zeus

Tablet Support Suggestion - Placing Buildings

I'm running Castle Empires on a HP Touchpad running WebOS v3.0

So far I' up to level 8 or so and the only issue I see is that you have no idea where you can place a building do you how the touch interface works. Unlike a PC, where you click on a Fir Wood Cutter for example and then move the mouse to where you want the building, you can see the building under the mouse highlight when you could place it in an area.

Because a tablet has no "mouse", there is no building to move around and therefore you can't see where you can place it.

So there really needs to be a way to show where you can place a building for use with Tablets. Maybe a grid or someway to highlight plots so you can easily select them. Maybe a option somewhere where you can turn this off and on whether you are playing on a PC or Tablet.

This obviously does not apply to the iPad/iPad2 due to lack of flash, but I assume it works the same on any flash supported Tablet.

BTW, I can take pot shots at where to place stuff and keep going in the game on the tablet so I am really excited that it so far is at least working!

Hey Toy. Thanks for this interesting observation. We'll pass it forward.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    You might pass along that really, the lack of a "mouse" will affect anything in the game that relies on it.

Just moving over you mouse cursor on some of the people under the star would pop up a status. Because the tablet has no mouse, I'm not sure how you would get a status. Example is I sent the Explorer out looking for treasure and it said it would take 6 hours. On the PC, I can mouse over him and see it is still 5hs 38min away from completion. I can't get a status for him on a tablet. Maybe tap on him and have it show a window stating 5hrs 38mins left?

Reply to Thread