Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Production Chains (Ratios)

Well the reason you can't just have 1 ideal ratio Lousia is because everyone makes their settlement unique to the next and it depends on what you want to optimize or what your current focus is. The ratios are directly porportionate to the details of production time when you click on a building, leaving no room for error other than the fact that overall time also depends on how close your building is to a storehouse or your mayors house as this also directly affects production times. Thanks for doing this Arad, now I can just tell them to go check on forums if they can't crunch the numbers in building details :P

As for farms to fields it doesnt matter much altho personally I do at least 2 fields to every 1 farm so if I'm offline for an extended period and 1 field gets exhausted my farm has a backup that it can still farm. You can do however many farms to 1 field but it will use up more licenses and burn up your fields that much faster. Same as with wells for breweries and bakeries. The key thing is to keep an eye on your amounts so you aren't running dangerously low.
    Last edited by Wallstreet; 07-30-11 at 05:25 pm.

World
    Zeus

Mines, Smelters and Forges

Great Post! The types of Mines, Smelters and Forges could be spelled out a little better. (Especially for newbies like me. )

1 Copper Mine > [1 Coking plants/0.5 Coal mines] ---> 2 Copper Smelters > 2 Toolmakers ->(Tools)
    1 Copper Mine > [3 Coking plants/1.5 Coal mines] ---> 2 Copper Smelters > 2 Bronze Weaponsmiths ->(Bronze swords)
    4 Iron Mines -> [5 Coking plants/2.5 Coal mines] ---> 2 Iron Smelters --> 1 Iron Weaponsmith ->(Iron swords)
    4 Iron Mines -> [6.5 Coking plants/3.25 Coal mines] > 2 Iron Smelters --> 1 Steel Smelter > 1 Steel Weaponsmith >(Steel Swords)
    4 Gold Mines -> [4 Coking plants/2 Coal mines] -----> 2 Gold Smelters --> 1 Coinage -->(Coins)
    Last edited by Graywolf; 07-30-11 at 06:29 pm.

• " Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool. "

Recruit
    What should it be for stone and marble deposits? 2 to 1 deposit? 1 to 1? ??

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Destors View Post
    What should it be for stone and marble deposits? 2 to 1 deposit? 1 to 1? ??
    As stone is itself an end product, the ratio you go with depends on the speed you wish to have stone accumulate. As masons can have more then 1 per deposit, you can go as high as you feel. Stone has many deposits throughout the map, and it's not realistic to have them all covered early on with the limited housing licenses. At the start you use stone more heavily so having 2-1 or even a few more to bring in can help to build up the lower level building chains faster. You will ultimately reduce the number you have by upgrading one and demolishing the others as there use will drop low, and the speed you need to acquire stone at drops out in place of marble.

Well said as usual Silvanoshei. After I hit level 17 and was able to make a marble mason my 1st upgrade to level 2 for a building was my mason near my mayor house that has 2 stone deposits just above it. Soon after I upgraded it to level 3 and its the only stone mason I have, that along with random explores rewarding stone has kept stone in good supply for me.
    Honey Badger

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Had a thought while utilizing the Provision House today. Can the production "Que" be made so you can prioritize it? Just like in the production "que" for building's.

Recruit
    2 farms/field seems like a strange ratio??? is this ratio saying that it takes 2 people to work one field?

Quote Originally Posted by yeoldfart View Post
    2 farms/field seems like a strange ratio??? is this ratio saying that it takes 2 people to work one field?
    Well, yes and no. It's saying that one field can support the production of two farms just fine.
    When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What am I supposed to do with these!
    On hiatus from the game currently.

Recruit
    What is the ratio for Sandwiches? fishers vs bakery?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Thanks BB_Arad1 !!
    But you do realize you will have to teach a 101 basic math class now as well.
    And I can read your writing much better than mine too.

Reply to Thread