Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [UBI] How are you liking the game so far?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I really like the game. It feels similar, if not exactly like the Settlers, and I like the resource exchange and large variety of buildings. I hope that it's not like the games Zynga creates that are fun to begin, but soon turn into either a race to get as many friends as possible, or requires so many gems to be purchased that it will break your pocketbook.

Recruit
    Fantastic game! Reminds me of Settlers 2, the best game of the series...

Settler
    It's been good, great graphic on browser. At start, don't know the info that resource gathering put close to the source, and prod. close to the storehouse (since sometime u can gather the resource and go straight to the prod. facilities instead of going to storehouse 1st)
    some bugs here and there - expected since it's still close beta -
    - One time is it doesn't level after completing quest, didn't know what to do, so build around some random stuff , but later on after trying log out and log back in - it solves the prob.
    - sometime it pop up random number other than the actual number - like: building license shows 75, back to normal after building, in inventory it shows 100 hard wood, but after putting in mayor house, it says 50 hard wood (the actual is 50) was expecting got 100 XD haha

still have a lot of game mechanics that r not understood - i.e: aoe of building does it exist? like woodcutter, and wood planter - do they just do it only close to them?

still have a lot of space for improvement esp. in resource management - and something like- to know who are the ppl who help buff u up, how long they still have left in effect (or these are the thing will available later on once have guild?)

Recruit
    Will we be able to fight each other eventually?

Recruit
    Really enjoying the game so far Katie, thanks for the help in getting here!

However, I keep losing connection to the server, get booted and have to refresh the client. Any tips or suggestions?

Recruit
    I really like the game so far, been at it for about an hour. It gets you started easy with the quests just like the PC game. It would be nice to have the soundtrack of the PC game in the browser version.

Recruit
    I'm sticking with the game.. however this haul to level 17 is quite long and slow.....Not sure how many will put the dedication inot making the long stretch...
    I just took my first sector and now still have 1600 more pts to level..

Recruit
    It's fun, it runs well, and it looks pretty good (especially once it became clear how to scroll). However, the pacing seems to be see-sawing. I feel as if I can't play this continuously without playing Fallout or browsing Reddit or something in between events. It'll eat up 5 minutes, but then it's another hour or two waiting around for enough resources to advance another 5 minutes.

PVP would naturally make some sort of speed slider out of the question, but I think something needs to give as far as the speed of the game.

Recruit
    Am enjoying the game a lot. However as other have mentioned already the pace is a bit slow! Also it would be nice to be able to get more gems from levelling up, it might help with the pace.

Recruit
    I like it so far. I will not try to point out what is right about it, but instead try to point out some flaws (in my view). It's a good game, and I will have to be picky and point out things I believe can improve.

As has been said, it feels a little slow (I'm only just beginning), and I will stick with it because I want this to be fun. But if I had just come across it, I might have given up on it, seeing that it seems designed to drag out time as much as possible. I am writing here as I am "playing." I suppose that is what is different when comparing private games (like Settlers IV) and community online games these days: since we need to gain "levels", a building game becomes infinitely long (as opposed to building, completing, and starting a "new" game). So far, I have to say, I prefer games that don't allow me to go make dinner while playing. But I know it's beta. But there must be a different formula that would work to keep people coming back (and being social, if that is the point).

Minor bugs; building description. Also, my men walk funny. Sometimes one man, to get from point A to B will walk, then run, then walk in place for a while, then walk at normal speed again. Maybe encourage road building by increasing walking speed on roads (even if by a tiny percentage), and keeping that speed constant? Maybe it's my computer or connection, but I have slow response to zooming and for buildings I want to construct (they take a while before they show up so I can place them). Also, perhaps a chat/news window that is less "in the way" when I want it to be?

That's it for now. I'm only level seven, so this is my feedback and my suggestions so far. Thanks for working so hard on the game and the beautiful graphics.

Reply to Thread