Poll: Suggestions

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Suggestions

POLL: Suggestions

Below are a list of suggestions, if you like it check it

* Capture-able Resource Spot - like in Evony, you capture a resource spot and your either allowed to take advantage of that resource spot and harvest it. Or allow it to increase the overall production of a particular resource kind by a percentage depending on the type of resource spot we capture.

** No Limitations - What I meant is, players are limited ONLY to the quests given to him. He will only become, let's say, 17 if he clear sector 2 COMPLETELY the the same applies to lvl 18 and sector 4. It's limited, its like your telling all the players to follow the SAME EXACT pattern. Obviously players don't want that. We want us to differ from people's play style and stick to ours and do whatever suits our play style.

*** Real time Battles - Atleast let us view the battle window even if it is random, rather than letting us view it in the mail. what's the point. Or Allow us to make the move and not rely on some randomly generated moves(or predictable moves). Let us use some strategy...After all its a game, what's the fun in it, if we let 50% of the game to be decided by some random numbers) we want to take control now

ALSO PLEASE ADD A MINI MAP, ITS HARD TO NAVIGATE WITH ONLY MOUSE DRAG, WHEN YOU HAVE 4 SECTORS!!!

Thank you!
    Hope to see some changes!
    Last edited by stridervan; 07-23-11 at 07:24 pm.

Recruit
    I like your idea's stridevan, however if by co-op you mean attacking each other that worries me. It would suck to come back online and see that you have been plundered just because you were offline. But if you meant co-op to attack bandits camps together that would be interesting for us the user, but I dont think so good to Ubi or BB. Am sure they want to drag this bad boy as far as they can, in doing so they milk us.

Look at the bottom section of the shop (Labeled "Adventures") and you'll see that Co-op play already seems to be implemented.

exactly thats what I meant

Capturable Bandit spot for me with the assumption that there will probably be a PvP implemented in the future. Its a browser based game so hotkeys not much faster than point and clicking my mouse.
    For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Recruit
    ** No Limitations - What I meant is, players are limited ONLY to the quests given to him. He will only become, let's say, 17 if he clear sector 2 COMPLETELY the the same applies to lvl 18 and sector 4. It's limited, its like your telling all the players to follow the SAME EXACT pattern. Obviously players don't want that. We want us to differ from people's play style and stick to ours and do whatever suits our play style.
    This is definitly the best suggestion so far. As it is right now, the game is so linear. Do this, then do that. Even a monkey could do that.

To actually call this game a game the player have to decide a little more of what he's doing. It's so boring to gather ressourcess, build the next thing on the list, gather ressources again and build again the next building on the list... pretty lame if you ask me. This lack of depth...

Recruit
    If this were Evony I would not even bother being here. Please do not try to emulate that sad sad thing.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyrkonian View Post
    This is definitly the best suggestion so far. As it is right now, the game is so linear. Do this, then do that. Even a monkey could do that.

To actually call this game a game the player have to decide a little more of what he's doing. It's so boring to gather ressourcess, build the next thing on the list, gather ressources again and build again the next building on the list... pretty lame if you ask me. This lack of depth...
    You can hv a different pattern....do not take a sector instead keep attacking the bandit camps first north then south or vice versa...tackle the leader last.... Now all of us have been following the same exact pattern because thts the most optimal....so I think this suggestion does not hold weight...

PS: Since the game is down...I hv ample time today for forums :P

Recruit
    You can hv a different pattern....do not take a sector instead keep attacking the bandit camps first north then south or vice versa...tackle the leader last.... Now all of us have been following the same exact pattern because thts the most optimal....so I think this suggestion does not hold weight...
    You must be kidding me, right?

I was actually talking about the way levels (xp) are related to buildings and thus to the linear scenario. I never thought i would have to explain that to strategy games players, but i'll make it short:

1. The game is asking you to build a shipyard to get your first fish.
    2. You build your first shipyard. *DING, lvl up*. Now you can build a kitchen to cook fish.
    3. The game is asking you to build that thing to cook fish.
    4. You thus build your first kitchen. *DING, lvl up*. You're now able to build another kind of building which will be needed for next level...
    5. The game is asking you to build X
    6. You build X and level up.

This looks like a painful tutorial to me that you can't skip. 1>2>3>4>5>6... >8? NO! >7>8>9... >12? NO! You don't have the level yet. Go to step 10.

Where's the thrill or the challenge in that? Anyone can follow the quest to next level then wait for next quest for next level...
    You might not agree with me, but at least i hope you got my point.

Why aren't we able to get XP (thus levels) by gathering ressources for example? Why are we limited to quests and that linear building list linked to levels? Players need more freedom in what they can do IG.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyrkonian View Post
    You must be kidding me, right?

I was actually talking about the way levels (xp) are related to buildings and thus to the linear scenario. I never thought i would have to explain that to strategy games players, but i'll make it short:

1. The game is asking you to build a shipyard to get your first fish.
    2. You build your first shipyard. *DING, lvl up*. Now you can build a kitchen to cook fish.
    3. The game is asking you to build that thing to cook fish.
    4. You thus build your first kitchen. *DING, lvl up*. You're now able to build another kind of building which will be needed for next level...
    5. The game is asking you to build X
    6. You build X and level up.

This looks like a painful tutorial to me that you can't skip. 1>2>3>4>5>6... >8? NO! >7>8>9... >12? NO! You don't have the level yet. Go to step 10.

Where's the thrill or the challenge in that? Anyone can follow the quest to next level then wait for next quest for next level...
    You might not agree with me, but at least i hope you got my point.

Why aren't we able to get XP (thus levels) by gathering ressources for example? Why are we limited to quests and that linear building list linked to levels? Players need more freedom in what they can do IG.
    exactly. hope to see some changes in the upcoming patches,which are kinda slow now...

Reply to Thread