Reply to Thread

Thread: Are fishers that useful?

Recruit

Are fishers that useful?

That occured to me this morning, let's check the maths:

Total production time 3:32 (which means for a 30 min buffs, it takes 35min20sec)

It doubles the production of a facility, but takes 1 building licence. And since the difference between production and buff it 5min20, it means you are losing 5min20 of production. So you should take that license and make another building you need.

The only advantages are if you can always trade every buff or if you want to control ressources you are boosting. But in the last case, you are less efficient. But you must also think you need to make bread to refurnish the fishes, so that means one mill and one bakery, 2 other building licenses. Is it worth it? I don't think so.

Maybe I got something wrong, but I think that higher buffs will be even worse.

Settler
    You're neglecting a very important fact... buffs double production without requiring double input.

I can make 2 bronze swords per copper ingot with a buff. To make the same 2 swords without buffing, you need the additional infrastructure (copper and coal) which is going to cost you more licenses.

When you get to higher level buildings as well, it gets even better. Buff a L2 and you get 2 free items, buff a L3 and it's 3 free. That fish is very much worth it, even having to replenish it with bread. With that said, if you're there and watching fish plates are ideal. The higher level buffs are better for overnight and such, when you won't be there to refill with fish plates.

Recruit
    Ah didn't see it's output only. Must be more useful on faster structure though.

Recruit
    fishers a great buffs

You can also upgrade your fisher and buff that so u make 4 fish every 3m 32s. Fishers pay for themselves in the long run and swapping buffs with friends is one of the most important things you can do imo as if you have enough buffs to keep swapping you can keep all crucial production buildings doubled and as you get better buffs you can essentially keep your production buildings buffed 24/7.

Can we change the wheatfields producing corn to they produce potatoes, so we can get the baker to make chips for our fishplates? Some tarter sauce would be nice too..

Reply to Thread