Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your top 3 Suggestions?

Recruit
    1. I DO NOT WANT PVP with the way the game currently is: fighting is purely a numbers game, we are not on the same map, would be based almost entirely on who had more of specific troops.

2. More reasons to have players on my friend list. I don't care about the slightly prolonged buff, it generally earns me a very tiny bonus to my resources. Also if you could find a way to make whispered messages more noticeable as many players tend to miss them, so ppl just send mail instead.

3. Secondary bonuses or functions of buildings and/or troops. Other players have mentioned changing the troops, and I think that a RESEARCH option would be great for this. Perhaps one of my favorite functions of Settlers 7 was the ability to go down different paths based on how i wanted to run my kingdom.

Recruit
    1. A little faster pace
    2. Mini-games/gambling with resources to pass the time
    3. Perhaps a simple strategy choice in battle? Pick one of three, with random results, either helping, hurting or no change. You put so much time into building an army that it would be nice to have a little more to battle.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    1) Allow building on tree stumps. The behavior of the Forester does not need to change. I'll post 2 more later.
    Last edited by dgaschk; 08-02-11 at 08:57 pm.

Soldier
    Military battle simulator

Possibility of removal of the tree stumps + possibility to give the cutters and foresters the action area like the "Settlers" game

And since i haven't thought about some other in game suggestion) Let players get gems buildings with their own resources

Recruit
    1. Changing the landscape. In Settlers, I enjoyed the opportunity to take raw land and clearcut the forest, build a large town, then let trees spring up amongst the buildings to be harvested. Same for mountains. But in this case, I accept how the mountains and their resources are set up.

2. Change the production chains. This is a broad suggestion, and, again, I think go back to Settlers. One Forester can provide enough for two Lumberjacks, which can provide enough for one Sawmill. I am not liking how some resources eat two to produce one. Also, I kind of missed how goods moved from building to building. I understand how this can be difficult to present on a web browser, but the timeline for each production yard I like as a replacement for actual NPCs roaming around. You can give each building a "sphere of influence" or "sphere of supply." So buildings that are supposed to work together, if placed near each other, will produce more and quicker then chained-together-buildings being far apart. This is where the strategizing of Settlers came in, and was so addictive.

Also, while I am seeing that some structures and production require different resources, I am not liking how higher end resources take longer to produce. I created the higher end building to get the resource. You do not need to make producing the building longer, and it's harvesting longer. This is a turn-off.

3. Access to more variety earlier. To me, Settlers is easy to learn, difficult to master. The learning curve is not that steep to begin with, a player understands the mechanics of everything very easily and very early. And since so much of the game involves waiting, give me the variety of options of things to do and ways to interact with the landscape, and do this early. Sure it means I am using up "building licenses" (which I think is a bad idea, but understand why it is there), but I want to get to producing and then start tweaking what I have made, not make a decision and realize it was bad one, and feel stuck since resources are so limited (and yet will overflow if I wait a day, kind of ridiculous). So lower the cost of basic buildings, make upgrades easier to access at the lower end, but then keep that high price for upgrades for later.

Recruit

3 top musts

pvp, i dont think it should be pvp where people can deastroy your enpire and the strong get stronger and and the week get beatdown
    but events to where 1 part skill and 1 part power will winn not just the bigger army such as mage towers(some way to research) def,attak,range,acurousy,and so on it could be set up like a monthy event you get an island to build up on for say 30 day in a 31 day month just for event aside from regular game and have a compitition last day and a point system to winn could even be points for most research,in different catagories mast ary killed of other players most buildings destroyed the points would be so it wouldnt be last empire standing and top 5 players acording to points get prizes just a thought
    or could be set up total concore 1 vs 1 player 30 days to build up and fight last day first one out of army loses but would have to have some way to build up as much army as you wanted or have no build time on army stock up wheapions and instant army or have unlimited generals or somthing

anyways,
    1 pvp a must
    2 research
    3 gambiling hall or somthing gamble any resourses would be nice somthing to do wile waiting for stuff you need
    could even charge 1 gem per gamble hahaha after geting 10 free gambles a day

Recruit

My thoughts

1. Combat - To agree with others. Right now I am spending all this time and energy to get all these resources and items together so I can fight and gain xp. Unfortunately it becomes some what anti climatic because I click fight, wait, and done. I would like to see some sort of armor and weapon upgrades facilities added to troops. Such as this example. Also adding them as a buff like fish plates so that I use as I can afford per battle would be neat.

Armorer
    Recruit - cloth + 5hp's, leather + 10hp's
    bowman - cloth + 5hp's, leather + 10hp's, chain + 15hp's

etc, etc....

Weaponsmith
    Recruit - sharpening stones + 1 damage
    Bowman - Metal tips + 1 damage, strengthened arrows + 2 damage.

etc, etc...

The thought is it adds one more dimension to battles and the whole creation process. Plus let's us the player have some sort of unique personal quality to add to the battles. I can now just overwhelm with numbers. Or I can improve what I have or both. Maybe I have a surplus of bowman vs recruits. With this buff Instead of me having to wait for 15 more recruits I can maybe buff up my exisitng recruits and bowman and still get a desired result from the battle. There has to be more of a real involvement that occupies my time while I am watching the grass grow in a sense and still add a fun feel to it.

2. Placement - Anyone that is going to play this game will most likely have some experience with build and conqueor rts games. That means we like to put stuff where we want it to be. There is so much clutter with mountains and trees that I have no order to my kingdom. The game runs off a creation time format and placement matters, but we get penalized for a game board we cannot alter.

Let me remove stumps and alter tree placement. In Settlers 7 my trees can grow so long as it is fertile ground. Why not the same concept here. Why does the tree have to stop me from expanding or altering placement of buildings for maximum effect?
    Give us more open territory.
    Make roads an active part of the game.
    Make the maps much bigger allowing me the chance to really plan a castle placement and create an empire.
    Randomly generated maps I can select from at the beginng of creation. This alone will make every players game unique to themselves.

3. The Fun Factor - Keep me involved in the game with more activity. Right now it is simply I log in for 15 mins make sure resources are going, build a building or two and log out. 3 days later log in for 30 mins to fight a couple battles and once again check resources and log out again. Rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by wimike; 07-31-11 at 09:35 am.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

2) mail storage

2) Move deleted mail to a "deleted mail" folder. You can reclaim space from these folders. 1 more to come.

Recruit
    1. Show the amount of resources left in mines, fields and the such so you have an idea when it will be time to build new ones, so you won't run out while away.
    2. Allow trading from the trade building instead of having to rely on having friends join you or waiting until someone in chat wants to trade.
    3. Make roads increase the speed of deliveries of resources to the Town Hall or Storerooms.

Recruit
    My one suggestion that could make combat more interesting would be to have your general gain experiance. As he gets more xp, he gives bonus attack and/or def value %. He keeps getting better as long as he doesnt lose, Once he loses a battle, his xp starts over again at 0.

Reply to Thread