Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guild FAQ

Former Community Manager BB_Katealyst's Avatar
    World
    Zeus

Guild FAQ

Guild-FAQ

What is a Guild?
    A guild is a group of players, who are pursuing a common goal. This can be just to be social, or for good trading opportunities, buffing, etc.

Do I have to be in a Guild?
    No, being in a Guild is not necessary. That said, there are some advantages to being in a guild as mentioned above.

How do I recognize a Guildmember? What is a Guild tag?
    A Guild tag is a short tag or acronym for the entire Guild name, which you can wear to show you are part of a Guild. You can recognize people who belong to a Guild in the chat, as they wear their Guildtag between brackets [] before their name.

What is a Guild banner?
    Guild banners are banners that portray the Guild motto.

How do I join a Guild?
    If you want to join a Guild, you can send of an application to that Guild. The other way to get into a Guild is to receive an invitation. Sometimes entrance depends on particular criteria, set by the Guild leader, like age, time online, level etc. You can find more information to Guilds that are around in the Guild forum of your world, or on the homepages of the Guild.

How do I leave a Guild?
    To leave a Guild, you can click on the ‘leave Guild’ button in the Guild menu.

How can I establish a Guild?
    Every player can establish a guild. You will need a Guild house, which you can build for 5000 marble, 5000 hardwood planks and 3000 coins, or you can buy one in the shop for 1250 Gems. After building the Guild house, you can establish a guild by giving your guild a name, a tag, and a banner.

How do I disband my guild?
    To disband your Guild, you must first kick all current members. Once you have done this the option to disband the Guild will become active. *Be aware that there is a 24 hour cool down upon leaving or disbanding a Guild.*

How do I invite players into a Guild?
    You can invite players to your Guild by clicking the ‘invite’ button. This function is only available for specific Guild ranks though.

How do I transfer my Membership Certificate ?
    Use this item in the same manner that you would apply a buff. Simply apply it to the Guild house that is on the Guild leaders island.

What are Guild ranks?

Guilds are organized by hierarchy, so there is a Guild leader and Guild members with specific ranks. Here is a list of the available Guild ranks:
    Guild leader: The Guild leader established the Guild and has all administrative and executive rights
    Guild Administrator:The right hand of the Guild leader. They are appointed by the Guild leader and have full administrative rights.
    Members: These are the normal members of the Guild
    Trial Members:Trial members have a certain trial period before they become full members.

How many members can a Guild have?
    A guild can have a max of 100 members.

How can I increase the number of members my Guild can have?
    You can buy a Counterfeit Membership Certificate for 400 Gold coins, or buy the Guild Member Certificates in the shop, so you can increase your Guild members by 1 or 2.

Can I change my Guild tag after I make it?
    At the moment it is not possible to change your Guild tag after you have created it.

How long can a Guild tag be?
    The Guild tag can be 5 letters long.

How long can my Guild name be?
    The maximum length of a Guild name is 23 letters.

Can you change the name of your Guild, after you create it ?
    At the moment it is not possible to change your Guild name.

If I disband my Guild, will the Guild house be deleted too ?
    After you have disbanded your Guild, the Guild house will still be on your settlement.

Do I have to take anything into account, after leaving a guild?
    After you have left a Guild, you have a 24 hour cool down time before you can join another guild.

Can you tear down the Guild house after you have created a Guild?
    You can tear down the Guild house and your Guild will still exist, but you cannot expand your Guild any further.

Can you be in two Guilds at the same time?
    It’s not possible to be in two Guilds at the same time at the moment..

Is there a Guild forum for every Guild?
    Every guild can introduce themselves in the World Sections of the forum.
    Last edited by BB_xMISTY; 05-08-13 at 12:04 pm.

Care to ellaborate the actual reasoning of investing so much resources to even make a guild? I mean its easy enough to add/make friends in the game and the chat interface is easy to navigate and user friendly as well so we can already communicate and swap buffs or offer trades etc very easily without the need of being a guild member. so to summarize what I'm really asking is, what is the actual difference or advantage to being in a guild other than the disavantage of spending resources to make one or to even join one?
    Honey Badger

Quote Originally Posted by Wallstreet View Post
    Care to ellaborate the actual reasoning of investing so much resources to even make a guild? I mean its easy enough to add/make friends in the game and the chat interface is easy to navigate and user friendly as well so we can already communicate and swap buffs or offer trades etc very easily without the need of being a guild member. so to summarize what I'm really asking is, what is the actual difference or advantage to being in a guild other than the disavantage of spending resources to make one or to even join one?
    I'm going to guess it'll be all about adventures, but I wouldn't mind some concrete information about this either >.>
    When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What am I supposed to do with these!
    On hiatus from the game currently.

Settler
    heard something about guild buffs and stuff - any more elaborate on that? like.. how it works, etc..
    and what did the guild unlocks? (like anything that weren't available made available through guilds) -
    otherwise, like friend buff, trade, social -> these are all same with friends?
    except that they pop up under the guild section XD,
    and wondering what'r the "zone" section between friend and guilds for...
    [maybe they only make sense once you get thru lvl 26+?]

World
    Zeus
    There are advantages to belonging to a guild.
    Once you join a guild, you will have guild chat available.
    Also, your guild mates will be added to your friends list so there will be a lot more people to swap buffs with.

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    Also, your guild mates will be added to your friends list so there will be a lot more people to swap buffs with.
    Guild Chat doesn't work, currently.
    When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What am I supposed to do with these!
    On hiatus from the game currently.

World
    Zeus
    How do I transfer my Membership Certificate ?
    After you have been invited in a Guild, you can visit the settlement of the Guild leader and drag the Membership Certificate from the star menu to the Guild house of the Leader.
    So, I have to wonder then if this process is bugged. Apparently only the Guild Leader can put the membership certificates on the guild house. Is the FAQ wrong or is this something that is going to get fixed in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    ooooo, so eventually there will be a guild chat and players in your guild will be added to your friends automatically... thats almost worth investing resources... I was kind of hoping for ANY good reasons to be part of a guild or make a guild prior to the adventures but apparently theres not. Global chat and whisper work just fine, and I can already add whoever I want as a friend to swap buffs with, its really not inconvenient to do so at all already. Thanks at least for someone finally replying anyways -.-
    Honey Badger

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I have a guild, the trouble is when we want to exchange buffs, the guild chat is no longer available, this makes us have to switch back to whisper to chat while buffing that persons buildings, it is very incovienate to have to switch back and forth.

Soldier
    Nice FAQ, guilds sound like fun.

Reply to Thread