Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Generica Report

The Generica Report

(Author's Note: Hello everyone, I hope you'll enjoy this post. I decided to make it after quite a lot of people telling me how much they loved my post for the Build-a-Thon contest, located here: http://forum.castleempireonline.com/threads/12775-EVENT-Castle-Empire-Buildathon-WIN-500-Gems!?p=153654&viewfull=1#post153654
    It's post #17 if that link doesn't do what it's supposed to. Anyways, I've decided to toss out an update on my kingdom, hopefully you guys enjoy it. If it gets positive feedback I may do some more later on, if not just tell me to stfu and go away )

Hello, and welcome to the semi-monthly news channel, I am your host Chet Ubetcha. Today we will be examining the ever-changing landscape of Generica, the rise and fall of industries, and the general population outlook. To begin our report, we go to our transportation coorespondant, Alvin Wheels.

Thanks, Chet. I am Alvin Wheels, and this is the transport report. Not long ago, citizens of Generica woke one day to see a magnificent sight: their once shambling rocky roads were transformed into a smooth white ride. This pleased most residents as cart rides to and fro Generica's regions became much more comfortable, though there was some grumblings as to the cost of this major overhaul, however at this point government officials are claiming that "It just happened, we swear."

It's not all good news however, as there are some very puzzling choices of the building patterns used by some of these new roads. As you can clearly see by these shots taken from our Eye in the Sky:

These roads seem to have no sense of purpose as they squiggle back and forth before shooting off in a random direction, only to cut back the other way. This has many wondering if these lack of roads that go in straight lines is due to a drunken madman, but we have no comment on this phenomena as of yet. Back to you, Chet.

Very disturbing, Alvin, we'll have to keep our eye on that one. And now we turn to our Social Analyst, Cindy Peoples. Cindy, what have you got for us?

Well Chet, it's not pretty. Scandal has rocked Generica recently, as many of the more affluent residents, upset by the living conditions next to industrial areas, have taken to moving to gated communities in some of Generica's more scenic regions. This area of Generica:

once held over eight residential apartments split amongst the northern and southern areas. After a mass exodus, however, only three of these dilapidated buildings remain, housing mostly the poor and downtrodden. The other residents? They have moved to two different gated communities is a previously vastly undeveloped area of Generica, naming the communites "Hamp-towns", and "The Hills of the Beverly".
    As you can see, Generican officials have opened up this region for mining recently in an effort to re-connect with these communities, but so far the residents have no interest in connecting their roads with that of the main one.

Also to note, Chet, is that the Tavern once housed in Southern Old Town was torn down, and relocated to near a sawmill camp some time ago, but was promptly torn down again a little later. Officials have yet to comment on these events, but the rumors are the second tavern built was a sting operation to capture some sort of Treasure Hunter.

That was our Social Analyst, Cindy Peoples, thank you Cindy. With us in the studio is our Economic expert, Rich Moneybags. Welcome to the show Rich, what can you tell us about Generica's current monetary state?

Thank you for having me here Chet. Things are looking great for Generica's markets. Many of Generica's upgrades have come from the logging community, which, instead of adding quantity, has added quality.

This is just one of the many camps which have expanded on their smaller huts, and are now able to cut more wood in the same amount of time. Not to be outdone, the hippies have also expanded, sprouting up some freakish treehouse looking buildings, from which they presumably shoot their magic seeds out of with high-powered slingshots or something of that sort. The upgrades in logging have also allowed Generica's coking plants to upgrade to higher capacities, which is all fueling the weapons industry quite well, supplying our proud Red Noses with armaments.

However, Generica's current main source of wealth currently comes in the form of the highly lucrative marble sector.

This area is just one of the camps which hammer away day and night, collecting Generica's main source of export. Marble is in plenty supply, and has been traded for various materials Generica is sometimes short on. In that picture, you can also see Generica's Last Fisher, who after years of evading the law has finally figure out that throwing bread into the water seems to trigger some sort of mating frenzy amongst the fish, resulting in a huge boost in population. While the waters around Old Town are still devoid of animal life, Vast Lake has been kept steadily stocked with fish, and the sole fisherman has been able to keep much of Generica fed because of this.

Most recently, Generica has also seen a boom in it's Iron industry, though it has been somewhat of a slow going. Though there are currently six iron mines in production around the kingdom, the only ones making use of the ore has been these two simple buildings:

The official word on the paltry iron industry is that though it is hard to make, it's growth, use, and rise in value is inevitable. And, lastly, while other kingdoms have been rumored to be raising stocks of horses, Generica has stood pat on not using the animals, though current rumors have stated that excess iron may be traded for horses at some point in the near future.

Well Rich, it certainly seems like the economy is going strong and showing no signs of stopping. And to wrap up this report, we go to our senior military correspondent, Lars Knifington, who is currently stationed at the Red Noses Garrison. How's it looking out there Lars?

Hello Chet, yes, I am Lars Knifington. I cannot currently disclose my exact location of course, but I will say that we are quite close to enemy lines. Generica's beloved Red Noses have been upgrading recently with the founding of the iron industry, and had been growing in numbers by quite a lot as the population increased. Victories came swiftly and often in the Northwest and Southeast sectors, furious battles resulting in much casualties, but only to the simple units whom no one really misses anyways. Because of the great victories achieved by the Red Noses, bandits from all around the kingdom left behind their professions to join the army, seeking only bread in return. It seemed for week that the Noses would continue to crush it's opponents, until only a day ago.

Then, tragedy struck. In a recent foray into enemy territory, a battle took place at a bandit camp in which quite a lot of guard dogs lay sleeping. Though the Noses prevailed eventually with the strength of their militia, all of Generica's bowmen and recruits perished in the battle. These heavy losses has left the general re-thinking his strategy for future conquest, and the Eye in the Sky has this to show for the upcoming battles:

It does look mighty dangerous, but the Red Noses have always prevailed and the great Generican General has never lost a battle, so spirits are still high even though new soldiers are just now starting to filter into the camp.

Thank you, Lars. Our thoughts are with you Red Noses, we know you will bring Generica glory in the end.
    And that about wraps it up for us today, join me sometime later for the next, Generica Report. I'm Chet Ubetcha, and goodnight.
    Last edited by Cenzton; 08-05-11 at 10:54 pm.
    When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What am I supposed to do with these!
    On hiatus from the game currently.

Good night !!

Soldier
    Super Wikicenz strikes again :P

Thanks, I'll take that as a like
    When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What am I supposed to do with these!

lol, was a fun read but you have entirely too much time on your hands
    Honey Badger

Sweet bro....but i do worry about u at times. Do u talk to ur invisible friend or just talk to urself as the thoughts pour out onto the screen? Does ur friend have a name? What is it? Omegaruler would be my guess?
    For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

What invisible friend are you mumbling about o.O

Theres currently no cure for Cenzophrenia... All we can hope for is to alleviate the symptoms through gold coin therapy...

I for one quite enjoyed it. Its nice to get a break from the usual mumbo jumbo in the chat and forums and step into a different world for a few, a world we call, Generica.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/5681/signatureii.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

World
    Zeus
    Clever!

Reply to Thread