Reply to Thread

Thread: NEW PLAYERS - The most important tip you'll get

NEW PLAYERS - The most important tip you'll get

Through the tutorial quests you will several times be awarded Gold Coins as a prize, and later on from defeating bandit leaders. You may or may not notice that these don't really help you out to begin with.

Once you've built your branch house, You may think to yourself: "Why not go ahead and use these useless coins to buy myself some swords or copper on the trade window?"

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE

Coins are possibly the most valuable component of your economy, as they are required for many building upgrades (specifically marble and hardwood production infrastructure!) and explorer/general/geologist hires!

You will not be able to produce your own coins in a steady supply until you reach level 23 and are capable of building a gold mine and a coinage, even at this stage they will not stockpile fast by any means.

Moral of the story: Do not part with your coins lightly!

100 coins for 100 bronze swords may sound fair at the beginning, but it does not take long to produce swords faster than you regenerate population.

Instead, wait to invest those coins in a marble mason upgrade and watch your resource production grow dramatically.
    Last edited by Thunder; 08-06-11 at 04:34 am.

Recruit
    Invest your coins at Bank of YagerMyster. We have great rates on Certificates of Deposits, they're a steal (literally!)

Coins can be spent, but sparingly. Don't rush into the first deal you come across. There are some good bargains out there that make spending coin a good idea. Coins can be found by your explorer as well as loot from defeated bandit camps. I spend a lot of coin but also trade back for coin. That's how a trade economy works. Make some, spend some. Just don't over-do it. Advnaced buildings will cost coin to upgrade as will all level 4's. However, u should be producing your own gold by the time u worry about level 4 building upgrades.

In the end, its like everything else on the trade market. Value is based on individual need and not spending gold for goods may or may not be the right choice for you. Just make sure you are getting a good deal in the process cuz there are some whack deals on the trade board sometimes.
    For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Recruit
    Here are the ways to gain Coin aside from the tutorials:
    Level 17 - Trading
    Level 19 - Golden Beer (Provisions House: 1000 Beer / 10 Coin)
    Level 23 - Coinage

Golden Beer and Coinage will not yield Coin at a decent rate, but effective Trading can if done correctly.

Thumbs up

Good advice Thunder !!

I like to spend every coin I get in the trader for water..

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Fkyx you forgot you can also gain from:
    - Explorers
    - Level 26 - Adventures
    - Defeating Bandit Camps
    - Level 16+ 100 coin per level.

Reply to Thread