Reply to Thread

Thread: Building permits

World
    Zeus

Building permits

Why do I show one (1) permit left but can't build?

Recruit
    I had the same issue.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Additionally, I have 4 sectors which means I should have 105 building licenses. I only have 85 buildings (counting mines and fields) and as that screenshot above shows I only 2 available licenses when it should be 20.

[Edit] I have submitted bug via form. I am curious if anyone else has this issue. Have you all counted your buildings vs. licenses?
    Last edited by jamn224; 08-08-11 at 06:27 pm.

The game sometimes lags behind graphically, and doesn't show licenses left properly, relogging usually fixes that. Also remember, buildings in your queue count against your licenses.
    When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What am I supposed to do with these!
    On hiatus from the game currently.

Recruit
    Yeah, the game saying I had no available licenses was just a lagging issue (still a problem, but you can wait it out). But the other issue is still pretty bad, I should have a lot more licenses than the game is telling me I have.

Although nobody is responding to this post... if the game admins search through the chat logs for today they will find that I am not the only one that is having issues with building licenses.

Recruit
    I got bored... so I counted all of my buildings for the bug people to see.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you can see, I counted all of my stone and marble quarries and my wheat fields. I was told they don't take building licenses, but I tried to count everything that might be taking one.

I have 4 sectors which means I should have 105 licenses. My game shows 0 licenses remaining and won't let me build, but I only have 97 buildings.

If you subtract my 8 stone quarries, I only have 89 buildings. So there should be 16 licenses available.
    If you also subtract my 3 marble quarries, I only have 86 buildings. So there should be 19 licenses available.
    If you also subtract my 7 wheat fields, I only have 79 buildings. So there should be 26 licenses available.
    If you also subtract my 4 wells, I only have 75 buildings. So there should be 30 licenses available.

As you can see, if you subtract all of the above I have 75 buildings. So the question is: are they miscounting buildings vs licenses. Or do we not get +10 licenses per new sector?

[EDIT] Question: I have 2 +10 building license things to use on the mayors house that I got from defeating Bandit Leaders. Are these the +10 per sector that they are talking about, and I just haven't used them yet? If so, why do I only have 2 and not 3 of them?

[EDIT2] I'm just an idiot... see response 2 below!
    Last edited by jamn224; 08-10-11 at 09:27 am.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Yes there are definitely bugs with building counts. Today I showed 1 available building and had 2 in the queue and it would not let me build. So I reloaded the page and then it showed 2 available buildings and there was still 2 in the queue and I still was not allowed to build(message was saying I had reached the max building limit). I thought the 2 in my build queue must be using up the 2 available buildings, but then the first building in my build queue completed construction and it still showed 2 available buildings. So then I refreshed the screen again and then it showed 2 available buildings and would let me build.

Quote Originally Posted by jamn224 View Post
    [EDIT] Question: I have 2 +10 building license things to use on the mayors house that I got from defeating Bandit Leaders. Are these the +10 per sector that they are talking about, and I just haven't used them yet? If so, why do I only have 2 and not 3 of them?
    Yes, those +10 licenses are how you get extras, you don't just get +10 added your max automatically. You only have 2 of them because you've only defeated 2 bandit leaders, they're the only ones that drop them.

So, yes, if you have 75 buildings, you are currently maxed, until you use those two +10s on your mayor's house.
    Last edited by Cenzton; 08-10-11 at 08:12 am.
    When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What am I supposed to do with these!
    On hiatus from the game currently.

Recruit
    Oh geez... Well I guess I just look like a dope then... Thanks, Cenzton, for the response!!

I had also forgotten that the 1st sector expansion doesn't require us to defeat a bandit leader! So duh on me again!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    This continues to be very buggy and today the game actually allowed me to build 1 more building than I had licenses for. Somehow I built a building which should have been my last one but afterwards it still said I had one license left. So I built another building and afterwards it said I had -1 license left. It was not just a display error because I refreshed the screen several times and it always said I had -1 licenses remaining. Of course eventually a mine expired and I could not rebuild it because I had been over my building limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenzton View Post
    The game sometimes lags behind graphically, and doesn't show licenses left properly, relogging usually fixes that. Also remember, buildings in your queue count against your licenses.
    This seems to fix the issue.

Reply to Thread