Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Resource Scamming against TOS?

Soldier

Angry Is Resource Scamming against TOS?

I'll try to make this short. I wanted to join a Guild, the leader of the Guild I was interested in had requirement to join (resources) to which I agreed to and contributed. I then changed my mind and decided to make my own Guild (since I already 2 on another MMO). Sounds a bit vague, so here is what I mailed him:

I was excited to join The Founders, until I noticed that you wew slow in progress, as in... very very slow, incapable of holding enough resources for a guild, bad management overall since almost every time I checked a lot of your buildings had exclamation marks. When I decided to create my own guild I assumed you would return all the resources which I had provided over the days I was continounsly contributing towards TF.

Today you tried to convinced me to rejoin TF, that it was almost ready to start when... yet you still have a Mayor House lvl 1... then when resources were mentioned,you explained that you "lost the paper" where you had written what I had contributed, when I asked if you saved it on a doc or txt file, you went on to claim your computer crashed and lost the txt file... so I refused to rejoin

I'm having serious doubts about the managment of funds towards a Guild House which you may not even build. It's on you to keep track of the funds towards a Guild you intend to lead. Where is my refund? Are you going to do the same to anyone who changes his mind after providing you funds?

I've asked a few CEO Players who have been around a while and they all seem to agree that you could very well be a scammer, I'd like you to prove them wrong.

Sincerely

Windguaerd
    So, at this point I wait and then get a reply from Chase, which seems to somewhat prove he is not quite honest.

Like i ave said before everyone who have decieded not to Join will recieve a refund ONLY after it was built and i mean what i say and if your think i am a scammer so be it Just dont excpet nothing coming your way since i am a so called "scammer".
    even thought my house was at lvl 1 doesnt mean i cannot hold te resourse it it other means of holding resourse via lvl 2 and lvl 3 STOREHOUSES which make me have 5.1k of storage since you do refuse to join i dont have a problem of refunding you resourse And i honstley do intent on giving it back to you. and i use notebook and called the Doc. Paper of refunds
    Hince i lost the "paper" and again when you said you didnt save it on the computer and junk i have had my computer crash 3 times already the last one was when i was recording the amounts. Sadly notebook fail to retrive all the infomation so i couldnt say excatly but everyone will recieve a 3000 back paid of hw and marbke and 1000 of coins(when lvl 23) but until then wait have a nice night

-Creater of The Founders-
    It seems he is saying "I'm not a scammer, but since you think I am one, I will keep your resources as long as I feel like it, I may or may not give them in the end". His claim that everyone who joined was aware that a refund wouldn't take place until AFTER the Guild House was built, is a lie. I clearly remember when I joined that his thread did not include such statement, it seems to have been edited today after he received my mail (how convenient). The last time I heard of Windows' Notebook program crashing was I think 6-8 years ago, maybe if he had said Word or another program that does have a recent history of crashing his story would have been more believable.

Is cheating players out of resources in this manner against TOS? Can he get away with it?

I know most MMO's don't get involved in the trades between players unless duped items are involved since you consciously agree to a trade knowing the risk it may not be a fair trade.

I can accept this in CEO, but if it's against TOS I would like to know who I need to speak to, regarding this issue. I also welcome comments about this situation since I'd like to get some advice about this.

Get your [UnOfficial] CEO Basic Signature here!

I haven't seen anything against game rules for what you've described. I totally agree it's a **** thing that's happening, but here's the TOS if you'd like to look through it yourself: http://www.castleempireonline.com/en/gtc
    When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What am I supposed to do with these!
    On hiatus from the game currently.

Wrong is wrong even if there is not a direct rule for it, you are in the right and should stand your ground. Perhaps events like this will help improve the rules system as well.
    "Even old wolfmen fear the Bloodmoon, beware the Bloodmoon."

World
    Zeus
    Now is the time to weed out the good from the bad.

This is a shame, as I had planned on joining Chase and have made contributions, I knew he was immature and possibly not a great economic tycoon but had thought him mostly harmless.

Unfortunately there are always going to be cheaters out there and people who are narcissistic and inconsiderate. Its virtually impossible for any MMO game to handle these types of issues when they arise due to how many investigations that would arise. This type of behavior has already been discussed on the forums http://forum.castleempireonline.com/...ts-and-Thieves and u have atleast called the person out so that others may avoid making the same mistake.

I am sorry to hear about your losses. Sounds like he wants to do right and repay contributors but greed and the desire to create his guild are the frontrunners So who knows if you'll ever get a dime. I personally wouldnt hold my breath and based on his resource management thus far, its safe to say he will be nowhere near producing his first coin by lvl 23 given how costly the production chain will be.
    For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Though the context is different, from the link, but the concept is similar.

Anything you do with your resources is directly up to you and only you can be held and hold others accountable for it. By making your plight known, you will help others who may fall victim to such issues with the person. However you cannot expect the CS support as the actions done do stem from your own choice to trust the scammer.

I hate to use a reference from another mmo so i'll be generic, but if you are trading items to be used to create an item and they laugh and say thanks, all you will be told is "unfortunately it was your choice to trust the other party, we're sorry, we recommend as a habit to only trade with those you trust, apologies and hope you meet the nicer people who play our game, as many are."

The reason is, scammers like that are "small time" and numerous, to account for them requires a large force, and then you have to deal with proof and if they are good, or someone is jealous of you the wrong person may be banned and more issues ensue.

Now, if someone is trying to scam your information, harass you, attempt to compromise your account that is a high level threat and they can and should be reported and will be dealt with for multi violations. Sadly in your case your issue will end up in the "small time" pile in all likely hood, because to address it would mean a drastic change/precedent for the CS group, and that in turn means a much larger workforce then financially possible in most cases.

A sad fact, but thank you for bringing the players name to others attention, fewer even do that.

There's nothing in the TOS or FAQ's that will protect you from scams. This is what PVP is for (when it arrives). Someone messes with you, you mess with them. This has been asked and answered before in the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmoon View Post
    Wrong is wrong even if there is not a direct rule for it, you are in the right and should stand your ground. Perhaps events like this will help improve the rules system as well.
    Any rule that would prevent a player from role playing his empire the way he would like with the exceptions of exploiting or cheating or anything that violates the TOS, defeats the purpose of an empire game. There's a game out there that you would probably enjoy called Farmville. There's no PVP, and everything is cute and fuzzy. I'm not too sure you're familiar with the concept of this kind of game. You do realize that there is going to be PVP right? You get 10 days of protection and after that it's open season.

I'll be interested to see what you have to say about PVP when they roll it out. How there should be rules against attacking someone that doesn't want to be attacked and so on. :P

FARMVILLE, go play that.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I think you've let yourself get way too upset about it. Just consider it a lesson learned and move on. The support staff isn't going to get involved in mediating "he said/she said" disputes.

Reply to Thread