Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Don't join a guild early game

World
    Zeus

Don't join a guild early game

I've been contemplating this for awhile and I have absolutely nothing good to say about joining guilds early in the game.

1) Unwanted guild priorities become your priorities/responsibilities/vendettas, weather you want them or not.
    2) Lower level players will beg the higher level players for resources or other one sided deals
    3) Early guilds are usually filled with whatever rabble the leader can dig out of the server regardless of skill or intellect
    3.1) This rabble usually spams guild chat rooms with complete garbage and makes guild chat useless as a medium of communication....
    4) Any help a guild offers is readily available without the need for all of the above simply by using the global/help chat sections.
    5) As in the case of Demacia/Garen (apparently they were one and the same person from what I heard) and his guild TC (The Creators), he required sketchy donations from all of the people joining the guild, I assume to help build the guild hall, then went on to get banned and now the entire guild is out a good chunk of res for nothing.

If the founder of a Guild gets banned, what does that do to the Guild then? Does leadership just pass down to the next guy or girl?

Right now, nothing happens

World
    Zeus
    So, I don't disagree with most of what you said, but I do take exception to a couple.
    I am sure some guilds will force their priorities/responsibilities/vendettas on to the members, but most work on a democratic system. Suggestions are made and the entrie guild is asked their opinion.
    The guild spam is not the fault of the guild. The guild chat does not work, so there is no other satisfying way to communicate with the members and still participate in the community. My guild has gone to a 3rd party option, but that shouldn't be the answer to this problem.

I don't know what your definition of early game is. As you get into the 20's, trying to maintain every resource needed without trading is nearly impossible. Trades currently are a joke, you need the ability to trade with people you trust, a guild provides that pool of people.

I'm sure everyone currently in guilds appreciates being catogorized as rabble. I don't think you will have to worry about being approached to join one.

While I currently don't recommend joining a guild either right now as the benefits from being in one is little to for the price you have to pay to get in, I take issue with some of the things you've listed.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkD View Post
    I've been contemplating this for awhile and I have absolutely nothing good to say about joining guilds early in the game.

1) Unwanted guild priorities become your priorities/responsibilities/vendettas, weather you want them or not.
    This is all on the player. If you're joining a guild because you want to feel superior to others, you've got some deep seeded issues.
    2) Lower level players will beg the higher level players for resources or other one sided deals
    I haven't had a single guild member bug me for resources. This could be the case if joining a guild didn't take some of your own cost and you had newer people guild hopping, but it's absolutely not true.[/quote]
    ) Early guilds are usually filled with whatever rabble the leader can dig out of the server regardless of skill or intellect
    Way to make a completely blanketing statement. So, lemme guess, you think everyone but you in the game is bad and stupid?
    3.1) This rabble usually spams guild chat rooms with complete garbage and makes guild chat useless as a medium of communication....
    Are you currently in a guild? No? Ok then, I'm not sure how you think this is the case, especially guild chat does not currently exist in a working form in the game.
    4) Any help a guild offers is readily available without the need for all of the above simply by using the global/help chat sections.
    This I agree with. We're all hoping that guild benefits will be expanded later in the beta.
    5) As in the case of Demacia/Garen (apparently they were one and the same person from what I heard) and his guild TC (The Creators), he required sketchy donations from all of the people joining the guild, I assume to help build the guild hall, then went on to get banned and now the entire guild is out a good chunk of res for nothing.
    Demacia claims they're brothers, that's not either of our calls to make. As for your "sketchy" donations, please, elaborate. The donations required from the initial 10(15?) people was all the same, and all went towards the building of a guild house. The amount required was the same as any of the other guild being built, and will most likely continue to be the same. The 400 coins after the initial amount of people is the cost to open a new guild slot. The entire guild is not out of anything, quite frankly, because past the guild house nothing was required as a donation, and if Demacia does continue to be banned there are wheels in motion for guild leadership to be passed.

Once again, I do agree that joining guilds right now hold no real tangible benefits, but I don't know where this deep seeded hatred of your is stemming from. I would, however, kindly ask that you refrain from essentially insulting everyone currently in a guild.
    When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What am I supposed to do with these!
    On hiatus from the game currently.

World
    Zeus
    The deep seeded hatred is something I passed on from my experience in other economy based games. These are flaws which prop up in almost any guild. You've said it yourself, there is no tangible benefit to joining a guild, but these are all drawbacks which could crop up any day as pvp and other features become implemented.

Furthermore, it doesn't matter weather you are in a guild or not, theres nothing to use them for yet. All anyone can do is draw comparisons, maybe i'm dead wrong, I probably should have made a note somewhere about that, but I've heard nothing but complaints about the current guilds so why not.

1) How is that on the player. You join a guild, and the guild leader says, ok we are gonna start pvping this other guild, ten people say yes and about 5 people start attacking the other 25 are too busy building up their stuff and think they are too weak to be bothered, and when the guild gets destroyed they leave, and the opposing guild says those are our claims, don't recruit anyone from said guild.

Another example which applies better would be the required resource pooling to build the guild hall. I think it should be something the leader of the guild makes by themselves, especially considering as you said, there are no real benefits to joining a guild right now.

2) maybe this type of game it won't show up in, to be honest, usually it happens when theres a large level gap.

3) Are you saying that you have some criteria for who can and can't join the guild? This is all stuff that shows up as time goes on. If experience and skill doesn't matter in this game I don't think the game will stick around for very long....

5) I heard someone confirm it on the global chat, they were making a big deal about it but I couldn't confirm it myself. Once again another reason I hate taking peoples word for it, as Demacia is currently unbanned.

LadyTerra, the democratic system is the worst of all. Its slow and usually gives bad results as anything misleading about what is best for the guild gets passed on through the peoples opinions and the guild fails very quickly.

Trade is better accomplished by using the trade channel. asking on the guild chat is just bad..... There's my example for 3.1, already people are dying to throw everything they can on guild chat. Guild chats are reserved for guild affairs...

I never categorized everyone as rabble, I simply stated that we have no good standard for clearing out the rabble right now. Are you claiming that skill doesn't matter in this game?

The deep seeded hatred is something I passed on from my experience in other economy based games. These are flaws which prop up in almost any guild. You've said it yourself, there is no tangible benefit to joining a guild, but these are all drawbacks which could crop up any day as pvp and other features become implemented.

Furthermore, it doesn't matter weather you are in a guild or not, theres nothing to use them for yet. All anyone can do is draw comparisons, maybe i'm dead wrong, I probably should have made a note somewhere about that, but I've heard nothing but complaints about the current guilds so why not.
    I did not dispute that there's not a whole lot of reason for joining guild, in fact I twice said that I agree with you. I say the same thing to anyone asking about guilds in game. As for you hearing complaints about guilds, good job on listening to gossip.

1) How is that on the player. You join a guild, and the guild leader says, ok we are gonna start pvping this other guild, ten people say yes and about 5 people start attacking the other 25 are too busy building up their stuff and think they are too weak to be bothered, and when the guild gets destroyed they leave, and the opposing guild says those are our claims, don't recruit anyone from said guild.

Another example which applies better would be the required resource pooling to build the guild hall. I think it should be something the leader of the guild makes by themselves, especially considering as you said, there are no real benefits to joining a guild right now.
    You are assuming a whole lot without knowing anything how pvp will play out in this game, just because you've played some other game with guilds at some point. As for making the guild leader pay for the entire guild hall by themselves, first off, how is that even fair to the guild leader? And secondly, why is it a problem that other people help out?

2) maybe this type of game it won't show up in, to be honest, usually it happens when theres a large level gap.
    I'm sure it will happen. I'm also sure it doesn't matter if it's in a guild or not, it's going to happen.

3) Are you saying that you have some criteria for who can and can't join the guild? This is all stuff that shows up as time goes on. If experience and skill doesn't matter in this game I don't think the game will stick around for very long....
    I don't even understand what you're trying to argue here.

5) I heard someone confirm it on the global chat, they were making a big deal about it but I couldn't confirm it myself. Once again another reason I hate taking peoples word for it, as Demacia is currently unbanned.
    And yet you still came here to write something about it.

I never categorized everyone as rabble, I simply stated that we have no good standard for clearing out the rabble right now. Are you claiming that skill doesn't matter in this game?
    You're implying that anyone with whatever criteria you came up with for being "less skilled" is somehow completely worthless. You may want to cover your behind; your elitism is showing.

Oh, and once again, I AM NOT ADVOCATING THAT PEOPLE SHOULD JOIN GUILDS IMMEDIATELY IN THIS GAME'S CURRENT STATE. In fact, I've been doing quite the opposite. The way you are trying go about saying all this however is rather rude and condescending, especially to those already in guilds.
    When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What am I supposed to do with these!

World
    Zeus
    Elitism works in these games... I play a lot of them and being a nice guy bites you in the ***. Im just upfront about my opinion.

and judging by how most of what you stated in the last post was already stated by myself I take it we agree, and just feel like repeating things 50 times with really long statements.

Elitism works in these games... I play a lot of them and being a nice guy bites you in the ***. Im just upfront about my opinion.
    Cool, thanks for letting me know ahead of time to ignore you in game

Soldier
    Hi Dark, I am just surprised by your attitude. It seems you can judge anything no matter how the reality might be.
    Last edited by Omegaruler; 08-10-11 at 01:03 pm.

Reply to Thread