View Poll Results: What boss will u kill first ?

Voters
80. This poll is closed
  • Chuck

47 58.75%
  • Metal Tooth

33 41.25%
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [TC] Chuck & Metal

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Selak View Post
    I wish I knew what to do to make the program run on MAC. It is a rather simple program for the most part and uses nothing complex. I did find something on the web called Mono that is supposed to allow you to build programs over multiple different OS. It claims that only one part of the program would not work, unfortunately it is the webbrowser object to the left of the main program window where i display all the results. Apparently then have not gotten that object to work in an OS X environment yet (it apparently works in linux).

If someone wants to port the program over to work in mac and knows a way to make it all work I would be happy to assist in that process as i have posted in my simulator thread on the guide forum.
    The easiest way to make it work on Mac is to transform it into a web application, but then of course you'd have find a web server to host it. The other option would be redoing it as a java application.

Soldier
    i would but i know nothing about java program or dealing with web applications. I never got far into Computer Science classes at college before changing schools, and the best i could do at the new school was an electrical engineering degree which had nothing more difficult than basic programming. Anyone that knows java or wants to try and convert it to a mac version is free to, just pm me your email address so i can send you the source code and the few resource files it uses.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Demacia View Post
    This attack had been used by me to took out Chuck and Metal . If u found any way better plz share with everyone.
    The results of attack might be vary due to the randomness but it guaranteed u the kill of bosses.

How to break some Metal teeth:
    First option is call the dentist

How to kill chuck

wave 1 : 110 C
    wave 2 : 90R / 35 M / 75 B . (This composition shall not be change otherwise u will fail). chuck will die in this round
    wave 3 : 100R + watever u have left that can deal dmg = 200 units in total. They can take out 100 rough neck with no problems.

only recommend using long bow at wave 2 for metal tooth and wave 3 for chuck to avoid any loss for the expensive units.
    I sent the forces you reccomend for the first wave and was left with the 100 Thugs and Chuck.

I then sent the second wave exactly as you laid out here, and Chuck did not die.
    Can you explain why this happened?
    Last edited by SirRoy; 08-22-11 at 02:01 am.

This attack had been used by me to took out Chuck and Metal . If u found any way better plz share with everyone.
    The results of attack might be vary due to the randomness but it guaranteed u the kill of bosses.

I used it and it work. and like i said the result might be vary depend on the random factors. if u sent exactly how it suppose to . then u r doing fine. And don't just copy other ppl ? make adjustments.

World
    Zeus
    Okay, thanks.
    I did send exactly the same troops but did not know about the random number generator that means it does not ALWAYS work.

Chances must be better that if I send the same configuration again that they will not fail. What would be the chances of that.
    Thanks for the great post.
    Last edited by SirRoy; 02-05-12 at 09:41 pm.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRoy View Post
    Okay, thanks.
    I did send exactly the same troops but did not know about the random number generator that means it does not ALWAYS work.

Chances must be better that if I send the came configuration again that they will not fail. What would be the chances of that.
    Thanks for the great post.
    I too sent the recommended and lost, though I'm past it now on the second wave sending the same thing.... I'd try to find a more optimal solution but I'm too busy simming Mary.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRoy View Post
    I sent the forces you recommend for the first wave and was left with the 100 Thugs and Chuck.

I then sent the second wave exactly as you laid out here, and Chuck did not die.
    Can you explain why this happened?
    Are you sent the right units both Demacia and mine should work(Unless you had horrible RNG) if you were left with 100thugs and 1chuck after cavalry. Can you post a SS of your battle replay?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurorah View Post
    My Chuck Waves:

Wave 1: 116 Cavalry (Dogs/Rangers Killed) (You can send less if you don't mind having to chance having to send a second general to clean up or you might be able to squeeze them into Wave 2)
    Wave 2: 95 Recruit, 70 Bowmen, 35 Militia (Chuck Killed)
    Wave 3: 88 Recruit, 82 Longbow, 30 Milita (Thugs Killed)

Lose 178 Recruits, 116 Cavalry, 70 Bowmen, 35 Militia
    Quote Originally Posted by Keranik View Post
    I too sent the recommended and lost, though I'm past it now on the second wave sending the same thing.... I'd try to find a more optimal solution but I'm too busy simming Mary.
    Wild Mary:

Wave1: 199 Cavalry
    Wave2: 35 Milita, 50 Soldier, 115 Longbow
    Last edited by Aurorah; 08-22-11 at 03:10 pm.

Soldier
    Cheaper Alternative for Chuck:

Wave 3: 88 Recruit, 82 Bowmen, 30 Milita (Roughnecks Killed)
    Last edited by Windguaerd; 08-23-11 at 05:53 am.

Get your [UnOfficial] CEO Basic Signature here!

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Demacia View Post

I used it and it work. and like i said the result might be vary depend on the random factors. if u sent exactly how it suppose to . then u r doing fine. And don't just copy other ppl ? make adjustments.
    Demacia makes an excellent point:

All of the information posted are guides and great starting places. We all would do well to use others' numbers as a springboard, and then

1)
    fine tune for the composition of troops that will best utilize those already in the garrison (left over from other fights, etc.) and
    2) run the battle simulator after each wave because not every battle produces the exact same casualties in the bandit camp: adjust troops accordingly
    3) understand that random number generators are at work and "you rolls the dice, you takes your chances."

Numbers that have worked successfully for Doc-Rock, myself and others with whom we've shared these:

1st wave -- 110-111 cav
    2nd wave -- 100R, 50bows, 50militia
    3rd wave -- 100R/100bows

Use at your own risk.

Much appreciation to Demacia for his work in giving us all a great starting point, and to him and others who so generously share information.

Pilot
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    It seems you can kill Chuck in 2 waves if you send 200 militia in each wave. I think I'm going to try just focusing on creating militia. They seem by far the most powerful of the troops I can make. I've been messing with the combat sim and mixing in any other troops never seems to help.

Reply to Thread