Reply to Thread

Thread: [Ubi Official] What kinds of Forum/Social media/in-game events would you like to see?

Former Community Manager BB_Katealyst's Avatar
    World
    Zeus

[Ubi Official] What kinds of Forum/Social media/in-game events would you like to see?

Hey everyone!

I am building up my event plan, and I was wondering if you guys had some ideas.

These events can be run on the Forums/Social Media/ in-game.

Let me know if you have any epicly creative ideas!

Kate

Soldier
    I got some:
    -Creativity contests fo various kinds: comics, short tales, building blueprints design, adventures;
    -Improvement of the buildathon: (junior lvl 1-15; senior lvl 16-25; master lvl 26 and above);
    -Guilds contests: e.g. creation of guild adventures that have to be completed within a specific timeframe, the best guild stories,giold wars (i.e. creation of a server that allows competitions between guilds for a certain time and that ends with the achievement of a certain score);
    -Social networks events: every given time the players will be able to receive a basic exclusive decoration for the city if they connect during a relatively short timeframe;
    -Best tips of the month.
    - THe Whaaaaaaaaaat?????-athon: the contestants post the craziest things that they would like to be sold in the market.
    To be continued...
    Last edited by Omegaruler; 08-11-11 at 07:31 pm.

Settler
    Anything not on facebook. Twitter is okay, but I detest facebook as a platform -- please no "Like" contests or anything like that.

One thing I'd suggest is to extend the buildathon into kind of a monthly content -- pick 1 (or a few) each month to feature, maybe one general and one themed winner per month (with a different theme each month).

I'm not sure if the game supports it atm, but free in-game decorations as contests as well -- the first X people to redeem a code you'd post on the forums or even on twitter would get the decoration, after X uses the code would no longer be good. Or could be time based (ie code only works for a single day).

Other fun things are puzzles, where the first few people to solve it get a reward.

Halloween zombie invasion. Have cursed burial grounds pop up like bandit camps. Battle various zombies in the hoards in those grounds.

World
    Zeus
    Don't know how well this would work but...
    How about CEO choose one player (random, favorite, teacher's pet, whatever) and gift him/her a decoration item. Then clues could be put out over the social media on where that decoration is. Top so many players to find and screenshot that decoration could be rewarded (perhaps with the search item). This would showcase the different decoration items offered in the gems store to encourage purchases when the store goes "Live". This will also encourage friendships, as you have to friend someone to view their little piece of heaven.

World
    Zeus
    I have a couple.

A contest that would award prizes to winners based on the first 5 or 10 to post in a forum thread when an admin (Not just Kate) mentions a secret password in the game chat.

The forum would post what the password of the day/week would be and then in the course of an Admin's conversation, they could drop the word surreptitiously.

The key being that the Admin could have fun trying to sneak the password into the conversation without being overt about it.

This would accomplish 3 things:
    1. Players would have to check the forum every day.
    2. Players would have to pay attention to what the Admin says.
    3. Players would win GEMS!

Another could incorporate the 3 word story thread already started.
    Admin would pick a random post number every day from new posts and gift the player with some in game reward, like treasure or buffs.

I prefer forum based events rather than Facebook or Twitter. I do not use Twitter and I know there are many people who do not use FB. AND the forums are a great way to keep face value of the game and what is going on with it.

How about a forum turn based thread, subject picked by one the higher powers. like for an example, a thread on movie quotes the first post would give the line from a movie and the next post would give a line from different movie with a line that would go with the previous post. preset a specific number of posts and whomever posts on the winning post number wins a prize.

Reply to Thread