Thread: Beginner Pro Tips

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    how do I get eggs?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Great guide. I'm not sure I agree with Stridervan though about upgrading wells and copper instead of building more - building a new well is 10 wood and 15 stone as opposed to upgrading which is 50 tools. I think 50 tools is much more valuable (ithink this is at least shown from the fact that 50 tools costs 150 stone and 150 wood in provisions house!)

Recruit
    Building and Resource Tip: Try looking at your buildings in terms of requirements, and build backwards. Take the highest required building and find out what it requires. Build enough of those buildings to keep that building going non-stop, then look at those buildings and do the same until you reach the lowest portion. After a while you can begin building higher level buildings and just wait to see if your resources go - or + (In means of if they're decreasing more over time or staying at their peak.)

A good example would be the Bronze Weaponsmith. Though you've already built the required buildings already, you can use the method when building more. Note that it requires both Bronze and Coal. So simply build 1 Copper Smelter and 1 Coking Planet. Now the Copper smelter requires 1 Coking Planet and 1 Copper Mine. Nest the Coking plant will require 1 Fir Wood Cutter, but since we had to build two, we build 2 Fir wood Cutters. Then those 2 Fir Wood Cutters will require 3 Fir Wood Foresters to prevent you from cutting down too many trees.

So just for 1 Bronze Weaponsmith, you need 1 Copper Smelter, 2 Coking Planets, 1 Copper Mine, 2 Fir Wood Cutters and 3 Fir Wood Foresters.

That's just the basic way of looking at it however. Building 2 Bronze Weaponsmiths won't require 3x everything else because you'll never know how much time will be added to each building, depicting whether or not you'll need one more or one less of a certain type, but it's always good to start out like that and work you way around it after. Better to have too much than none at all.

Recruit
    i have a question how do u get exotic wood

Recruit
    Great Game... nice place for RanR from TOR..... Very informative tips..real nice job with that.

Recruit
    Two more tips:

1) Mayor's House, wells & fields don't count against your Building Permits. Neither does a Noble Residence bought with gems.
    2) Mayor's House, wells, fields & residences do NOT use up settlers. I just built a residence and noticed that it did NOT use up a settler. There is at least one other that doesn't count as well, but I haven't been able to verify what they are. I think one may be the Noble Residence as I bought one with gems, but I can't build any to check as I am only level 18.

I have 156 working settlers (44 unemployed)
    I have 85 buildings (not counting Mayor's House, wells, fields & residences which bring the total to 104) (kept track of buildings on a spreadsheet)
    I have 28 Militia and 45 bowmen
    85+28+44=158 (still 2 more than the # of working settlers)
    Last edited by Slash_n_Burn; 02-03-12 at 02:39 am. Reason: update

rdbarnhart
    How do you produce or buy pumpkins?

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Only from pumpkin farms during the Halloween event.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Thanks for the advice!

Your time, effort and experience being shared here helps us new gamers and is much appreciated <humble bow>

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Hardwood issue

I have hardwood cutters which worked for a short time then ran out of HW trees...how do I replentish these trees?
    Also, I have HW logs in my resources, but how do I get a sawmill for them...they are just sitting there while I desparately need HW planks?

Do I have to upgrade certain buildings?

Any helpful advice is GREATLY appreciated.

P.S. What's up with the eggs and pumpkins?

BIG THANKS!

Wayne

UPDATE...

Problem solved! My Internet Explorer window had too many items which prevented me from viewing the entire Advanced Building menu of the game. I deleted some and can now view the entire game menu
    Last edited by WildAboutWayne; 02-20-12 at 09:27 am. Reason: UPDATE

Reply to Thread