Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Beginner Pro Tips

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    my chat wont log in i cant chat with people fix this please and the game freezes to much can you also fix that up to

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    how do you kill wild marry ?

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by evil-11 View Post
    how do you kill wild marry ?
    Look around on the forums, there is many posts about this already on how to kill Wild Mary.

World
    Zeus
    A good beginner tip is to search the forums.

CL_immaduck
    I would also like to add that a beginner may want to visit higher level player’s islands to get an idea on building your island. Since you will not be able to move storehouses it might be wise to put some thought in the placement of them .

World
    Zeus
    ALLCAPSNOSPACES:
    Do Not Buff Your Fishers with Fish Plate!!!!! This is a myth and if you buff your fishers with fish plates, all you do is depleting your fishing pools with no benefits. Ok, here goes...
    Fact #1: It takes 10 fish to produce a fish plate.
    Fact #2: It takes 3 minutes for your fisher to catch 1 fish (I'm being generous here and not count travel time)
    Fact #3: The fish plate buff last 30 minutes.

So, without the buff, your fisher produce 10 fish every 30 minutes, which is 1 fish plate. With the buff, your fisher produce 20 fish every 30 minutes, which is 2 fish plates. BUT YOU USED THAT EXTRA FISH PLATE ON YOUR FISHER ALREADY SO WHAT HAVE YOU GAINED? Nothing. You just depleted your pools for nothing! If you're now taking travel time into consideration, you're actually losing resources!
    This is not entirely true. If your fisherman is level 5 then you will gain fish faster.

World
    Zeus
    Funny reading the tips when one tip says

"Bernard: Buff up your fishers first as they will double their output; then buff all the other buildings. You will hopefully be running at double capacity in no time."

And then another says. Don't buff your fishers with fish plate.

Beginners usually don't get solid sandwich or baskets.

Probably the tips should be clarified since beginners are noobs, you want to spell it out for them.

Level up your fisher first to 2 and 3 and the buff it. Don't buff your fishers at level 1.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Hi all - total newbie here (just found this game today!)

I have two questions re side quests in the beginning stages (I'm at lvl 9 right now).

First, how do you pin the building menu? This is one of the side quests, but I can find no instructions for how to do this.

Second, how do you change the production time for a Pinewood Sawmill? The quest says I have to make it 4 mins, 10 secs. I don't have any at that time, and I can see nothing in the details window of the sawmill that lets me change the time. The only solution I can think of is to build a new sawmill in a spot that gives me that production time... but the quest says to "change" the time, not create one with that time, so I'm not sure if building one would solve the quest, and don't want to waste the resources on it if it's not the correct solution.

I'm sure I'll have a thousand more questions as I learn my way around the game, but for now those are the two I've spent over an hour trying to figure out on my own, with no luck.

Also, is there any guide that lays out these smaller details? I've scanned the guides here, and read the Help section, but did not find the answers to my questions in either so far.
    Last edited by LadyEllyn; 08-29-13 at 12:54 pm. Reason: corrected spelling error

World
    Zeus
    Pin is in upper right corner of menu.

Search for "Page of Links" in forum.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Thumbs down starting out my foot

why bother with this crapy game ive tryed to get going 5 seperate times the quests keep locking up and if you get one straitened out with in 24 hours it will screw up again it may be fine once you get past the beginning quest and you get up in lvl but right now you cant even get through the beginning quest i was told that if you unbuild the tavern and rebuild it that some times it fixes the problem only thing is now it wont let me rebuild the stupid tavern it goes to start then it disapears and the resources are returned at least they return the resources for all the good it dose i just wish they would just take it and fix it it looks like it could be fun but 5 times and still crap

Reply to Thread