Upgrading
    Communications
    Explorer
    Provision House
    Combat
    Buffs
    Exploration

General:
    • Aramis: Watch your tools #'s - low levels especially. You cannot manufacture them until you reach level 11.
    • Arcsoft: Pro tip: Read up on the game while you build stuff. There's a lot of time where you're just sitting around waiting for buildings to be built, especially early on.
    • Msch99: Keep your explorer busy, if not searching new area, then always looking for treasure.
    • Cariad: When building your first buildings remember they are there to stay so put them neatly on your land and close together so you don't waste space and land.
    • Cruizer: #1 Pro Tip: don't trade your gold for any resources people offer you. You will need all of your gold later for upgrading buildings!!!! Gold is much more valuable than most resources people try and sell you.
    • Lancelot: Be careful where you place your buildings. make sure you're not placing a building where there is a resource nearby and then don't have the space to place a production building. for example, don't put a house where there are fish to be had.
    • Metalwind: After completed series of Tutorials, you will be rewarded some gems. You might save those gems to trade for Noble Residence Deed. One Nobel Residence Deed will give you room for 30 residences/population. One Noble Residence equals to three Residence House, this will save you some building licenses.
    • Omegaruler: This is a game! Think about having pure fun only!
    • Omegaruler: Keep a look on your population amount quite often. It might reach the max and you would have to wait alot until you'll be able to increase it since it takes quite a bit of resources to build new residences (especially at the beginning) and you will have to wait 15 minsto increase the population by one ! So...plan alot and be sure to have enough population free space in order to make the time you're offline (night?) useful for a steady growth.
    • CrzdHaloman: Read the Forums! The more experienced players comments can help you go a long way.
      Also...Dont be afraid to ask others for help! The chat box will be your greatest friend, not to mention help you find new ones!

• Rain: in order to see raw material numbers, u have to be zoomed in far enough.
    • Marksteele: Pro tip: Want fullscreen? Click your browsers URL bar then press F11
    • LiquidFire: There seems to be no randomization in where geologists find sources. Therefore, make high level friends, visit their cities, observe their deposit locations. You will most likely have deposit locations in the exact same spots when you send your G man out. Thus you can plan where to place store houses and or masons.
    • Realmsgamer: It is important to place your buildings strategically. Not just for time and resource efficiency, but because you can not move them later. So if you want your empire to look a certain way, plan ahead.
    • Tapewormz: Pro Tip: Use arrow keys to move the camera when placing buildings.
    • Tapewormz: Pro Tip: Your settlers will continue to produce goods while you are offline. Make sure you have adequate storage for these goods. Remember to build and upgrade Storehouses.
    • Maevyn: Maybe this is a no-brainer, and maybe I'm a complete noob... Don't get ahead of yourself. Follow your quests, unlike I did - now I'm waiting for resources to build something because I got antsy and made a tool belt! (Good way for tools, if you have stone and lumber to SPARE)
    • AnyOne: Noob Tip: Make sure you don't run out of tools until you have the ability to build the toolmaker.

Resources:
    • Zhao: Build multiple water wells. They don't count against your building licenses!
    • Omegaruler: Place the foresters very close to the trees. Better a forester very close than a cutter 2 spaces away from the tees. This way you won't deal with areas filled with tree stumps only.
    • AceFool: There is no reason to have a lot of wheatfields; just build multiple farms around one wheatfield, and when it depletes build on top of it. Although, if you feel that your wheatfield will deplete while you are offline, build another ahead of time to keep your farmers from being idle too long.
    • CC-Slider: Foresters will only plant trees in the designated places, so no worry about them taking over building spots, even if you deplete all the trees you can't build there as it is reserved for new trees you may plant.
    • CC-Slider: Expired mines, wells and fields do not need to be destroyed, for mines just have the geologists search for the same resource and it will deleted the collapsed mine and replace it with the same resource icon so you can rebuild over that spot. For stones and marble the geologist will replace the expired mine. (Note: this works when you have found all the available mines as there are only so many mines per area).
    • Neotremor: Before a wheat field becomes exhausted, tear it down to recover some resources. Or, if your wheat field is low and you will be offline for a considerable amount of time, build another wheat field nearby.
    • Blarion: Pro Tip: When your explorer or general returns with goods don't put them into your store house unless you are going to use them right away. Keeping them in your star menu section until needed is a way to have a reserve above whats allowed in the store house.
    • Dile: Pro Tip: Once you deplete your stone mine, destroy it and do another stone search. Your geologist should find the stone mine at the same spot and replenish.
    • Silvanoshei:Keep in mind some resources are shared amongst different workyards, if production of one resource appears slow, considering resting the other workyards sharing the same resource.
    • ALLCAPSNOSPACE:PRO TIP: Need insight on remaining resource levels? Click on the appropriate structure. (ie. Clicking on a copper mine will show you how much copper ore remain)
    • ALLCAPSNOSPACE:PRO TIP: Once stored, goods become globally accessible through any Storehouse.
    • Gwuinsf: Another tip - the buffs have an unexplained bonus. Not only do they double your production but they do so at no increase in raw material costs. So if you buff your Bronze Weaponsmith, for example, you get double the sword output for the same cost of 1 bronze, 2 coal.

Gwuinsf: It's tough to take into account traveling distance, so build your economy chain from the most basic out to the most advanced away from your store houses. Here's an example:

STORE HOUSE => COKING PLANT => SMELTER => TOOL MAKER

Building your chain in that order ensures that you can follow the economy rations and not find yourself losing time due to lack of supply. It's also the best way to deal with estimating the transportation segment of the final production time.
      The only time where you it's better not to follow this is if your storehouse is in an open clearing. Then, putting the buildings directly around the store house allows for the same transportation time.

• Lightbrightz: So a few tips for new people. To get your economy rolling I recommend 3 forester, 2 cutters, 2 mills, 2 masons, 2 fishers, and 1 residence. From there go nuts. As your city grows like mine I ran in to a problem with building alot with out taking out my enemies. This would not normally be a problem but I was locked and had to wait till I could take more land. ill post more later. Also send me an invite and look at my city im sure I have the biggest one at the moment but you can always learn from my mishaps and grow faster then me.
    • Lily: I noticed my bronze taking forever to produce for weaponsmith. It takes trees for both planks and coal. Trees = coal. If you have plenty of planks then click your sawmill and turn off your worker. trees will then be focused to make coal. copper+coal=bronze=weapons
    • Shanksta: Use the Provisions House! It's not just for buffs, if you find yourself with too much wood and stone, but not enough tools, you can convert these resources! Effective use of the provisions house can significantly speed up your progress and helps maximize all of your resources.
    • Naelsen: There is a reason fir wood planks and stones are "Basic" items. You use lots of them initially. Don't let your peasants sit idle build plenty of masons and wood cutters to avoid waiting too long for these basic elements between levels.
    • Alexander: Check your storehouse often! If you are getting to store more of a raw material than you can use, build some extra production facilities. A good formula is to have approximately two production facilities for every raw material producer. This multiplies if you have multiple production facilities using the same resource. IE:

1 Wood Cutter
      2 Saw mills

OR

1 Wood Cutter
      1 Coking Plant
      1 Sawmill

• SmokeGSU: Apparently foresters like to visit the brew house on their way to planting seeds for trees, so anticipate building 3 foresters to 2 wood cutters at least to keep your forests from quickly becoming barren wastelands.
    • Stridervan: TIP: Build buildings close to your resource spot to minimize traveling distance of your settlers

Trading:
    • Alexander: build branch office as soon as possible if you want to trade
      note: need BOTH players to have BO to be able to trade

Building:
    • Nishazar: Although streets don't have a function, they are useful for gridding your area and grouping similar buildings.
    • Zhao: Build multiple water wells. They don't count against your building licenses!
    • Metalwind:Building formula
      1. For every Fir Wood Cutter build 1.5 Forester.
      2. For every Miller build 2 Farms
      3. For ever Brewery build 2 Farms and 1 Well
      4. For every Bakery build 2 Millers
      5. For every Tool Maker build 1 Copper Smelter
      6. For every Bow Maker build 1.1 Fir Wood Cutter
      7. For every Bronze Weapon Smith build 1.1 copper Smelter and 1 Cooking Plant
      8. For every Cooking Plant build .8 Fir Wood Cutter

• Wingnut23: Pro tip: Observation and tip, shaving time off transport to storehouse. Entrance to storehouse is on southside, keep gathers to north and builders to south. Just seconds in transport but every second counts!
    • AceFool: There is no reason to have a lot of wheatfields; just build multiple farms around one wheatfield, and when it depletes build on top of it. Although, if you feel that your wheatfield will deplete while you are offline, build another ahead of time to keep your farmers from being idle too long.
    • Afetogbo: Instead of trying to keep all the math of ratios in your head simply look at what resources you have write them down. Wait 30 minutes. Look at them again and resources that have decreased need more buildings. Ones that increase are good. For wood cutters, if the trees become stumps make foresters until they start becoming trees again.
    • Afetogbo: Housing should be built as far away from warehouses as possible. Save the spots close to warehouse for resource buildings.
    • Stridervan: TIP to increase Building licenses: This one is only useful when your higher level. Try to upgrade your existing building rather than building a new one, this will save you one building license. If you already got many buildings of the same type, upgrade one(the one that has less production time) and delete the one with HIGHEST production time, this will in fact increase your economy.

Also, DONT build multiple copper mine OR wells, instead upgrade them, since they ONLY cost tools. which isn't hard to get if you gave enough time and toolmakers. This will save you some licenses and settlers(if its a well).
      It's tough to take into account traveling distance, so build your economy chain from the most basic out to the most advanced away from your store houses. Here's an example:

STORE HOUR => COKING PLANT => SMELTER => TOOL MAKER

Building your chain in that order ensures that you can follow the economy rations and not find yourself losing time due to lack of supply. It's also the best way to deal with estimating the transportation segment of the final production time.
      The only time where you it's better not to follow this is if your storehouse is in an open clearing. Then, putting the buildings directly around the store house allows for the same transportation time.

• ASAD: If you want to Build your first Fast army Build 4 Coking Plants, 2 Copper Smelter, 1 bronze weaponsmith, 1 bowmaker.
    • Naelsen: There is a reason fir wood planks and stones are "Basic" items. You use lots of them initially. Don't let your peasants sit idle build plenty of masons and wood cutters to avoid waiting too long for these basic elements between levels.
    • SmokeGSU: Apparently foresters like to visit the brew house on their way to planting seeds for trees, so anticipate building 3 foresters to 2 wood cutters at least to keep your forests from quickly becoming barren wastelands.
    • Indeathsquad: To effectively maximize space, build buildings close together don't spread them all over that map.
    • Stridervan: TIP: Build buildings close to your resource spot to minimize traveling distance of your settlers
    • AnyOne: Noob Tip: Make sure you don't run out of tools until you have the ability to build the toolmaker.
    • Daenerys: Be sure to note you can que up 3 building at at a time.. always que them up so when you are away and resources are available they will build....
    • BB_Arad1: Remember that to build in a newly conquered sector you must place a storage house first!
    • Hunglo: You can place a building in the que even if you don't have the materials, and it will start once the materials are available.
    Production:
    • Msch99: Before you sign out for several hours be sure to check how much is left in your mines / wells / fields. If you have the resources it is well worth planting an extra wheat field or well or tear them down and build a new one. Some mines you can destroy and find new ones. It is not a good feeling to log in and see a bunch of red exclamation points on your buildings!

If you want a little bit different strategy such as I, captializing on production mainly to begin with is not a bad idea if you have the storage. The first building I upgraded was a storehouse which gave me either 200 or 300 more space and I built one extra storehouse other than the one involved in the quests early on which totaled a space of 1100 units by level 15 i could store. I took advantage and had 8 masons working 5 deposits and numerous fir tree cutters which I made into bouth hardwood and fir wood planks. Overall point is, if you are majorly focused on production upgrading a storehouse or your Mayors house isn't a bad idea as I never had to turn anything off and it allowed me to produce as much as I wanted without worry of overflow.

• Wingnut23: Pro tip: Observation and tip, shaving time off transport to storehouse. Entrance to storehouse is on southside, keep gathers to north and builders to south. Just seconds in transport but every second counts!
    • Shanksta: You can buff a building 1 second before the production cycle is over and still double your output. If you time it correctly it can really help!
    • Lightbrightz: So a few tips for new people. To get your economy rolling I recommend 3 forester, 2 cutters, 2 mills, 2 masons, 2 fishers, and 1 residence. From there go nuts. As your city grows like mine I ran in to a problem with building alot with out taking out my enemies. This would not normally be a problem but I was locked and had to wait till I could take more land. ill post more later. Also send me an invite and look at my city im sure I have the biggest one at the moment but you can always learn from my mishaps and grow faster then me.
    • Lily: I noticed my bronze taking forever to produce for weaponsmith. It takes trees for both planks and coal. Trees = coal. If you have plenty of planks then click your sawmill and turn off your worker. trees will then be focused to make coal. copper+coal=bronze=weapons
    • AnyOne: Pro Tip: Upgrade your copper smelter and not your toolmaker like me... I'm such a tool

Also when you click on details of a building you see the time to destination to gather the resource and the time to get to the storehouse, the lower both numbers are the faster you get new resources.

• Lily : Be sure to place production units close to storage units ect. in order to keep your workers from walking to far thus slowing down speed of production. Buildings can not be moved after placement. =D
    • Orthodox_Monk: Check the time it takes for production and calculate the ratio wood-planks, copper-tools, etc. For example: if it takes 3 min to produce 1 firewood and 6 min for a plank, build two sawmills for every woodcutter...

Upgrading:
    • Narsil: Don't upgrade many of your residences. At level 19 you can tear them down and build noble residences which hold 30 when erected and can be upgraded to hold 50. They are MUCH more cost effective than building the basic residence and upgrading them. This will save tons of Building licensees in the long term, but may make level 18 a bit of a stretch on population.
    • Lazuruspit: Use upgrades to free up building licenses and when you hit level 17 don’t instantly start tearing down your info structure to move to hardwood and marble. Keep it in place a good foundation is still required in the upper levels.
    • Tapewormz: Pro Tip: Your settlers will continue to produce goods while you are offline. Make sure you have adequate storage for these goods. Remember to build and upgrade Storehouses.
    • Samurai_Katz_X: A easy upgrade is Copper Mines. Only require 50 tools
    • Captnemo: upgrade your mayor house for storage capacity instead of other small storage house - it will gives you around 1k+ more storage (1st upgrade)
    • Orthodox_Monk : When you upgrade buildings, start at the bottom of the production chain...copper mine before copper smelter...etc
    Communications:
    • Orthodox_Monk:Dont always use the whisper option when you want to communicate to a specific person, instead send a message...people are not always in front of their computers even when online...
    Explorer:
    • Daenerys:Use explorer to hunt for Treasure ASap.. i beleive level 9... i'm level 14 and just found out i could do this..
    Provision House:
    • Daenerys: Take advantage of the Provision House when you have an excessive amount of a specific resource. Stone can be made into Marble… many others.... resources are short in the beginning but after a week you can switch up your excess pretty easily
    Combat:
    • Akkirus: Once you get around level 20+ you will begin facing medium camps with dogs. They are sort of a game changer when it comes to strategy, because they target your weakest units (archers). The best of doing this is attacking with as many recruits as their are dogs (well a few more). For example, if there's 60 dogs, first attack with an army of just 70 recruits. You'll lose these recruits but will kill the dogs. Then you want to attack with your real army!
    • Toy4X4: Transfer your Garrison to another location to get a better path to the bandit camps. This camp help you avoid passing through other bandit camps and having them attack also.
    • Lifebood: Be patient with your military units. It is better to wait for a larger force to avoid casualties that you will have to retrain later.
    • CelRay: Tip: you can click on bandit camps to see what is in them -- took me a while (and several lost battles) to figure this out.
    • Omegaruler: A very good ratio for your 1st army of recruits to defeat the badits is 2:1 (2 recruits per bandit). Explanation: the soldiers take lots of time to be recruited so you MUST keep the losses as low as possible in order to loose as few resources as possible to replanish the ranks. With the ratio above you will loose a few soldiers per battle.
      The more the archers the better. They won't be attacked from the enemy until your recruits will be all dead. The optimual ratio is 1 archer per recruit youhave. If you follow the rules it's not that hard to achieve.

• Chefsami: Here is basic info on your recruits and bowman
      Unit. LP. Max Damage Min Damage Avg. Damage Hit EP
      Recruit 40 30 15 27 80% 2
      Bowman 5 10 5 9 80% 8
      LP (life points) - The hit points the unit.
      Min / Max Damage - The damage that causes the unit enemy units (depending on chance; see chance to hit).
      Hit - The probability for maximum damage. Otherwise, the unit is aimed at only minimum damage.
      EP (experience points) - The experience points you receive for a slain enemy unit of this type.

• KnightQC: Pro Tip: After the FIRST CAMP you destroy, wait and BUILD UP YOUR ARMY. The other camp are "Easy", but you can click on them and see they contain WAY more soldiers. Easy camps are not all equal.
    • ASAD: If you want to Build your first Fast army Build 4 Coking Plants, 2 Copper Smelter, 1 bronze weaponsmith, 1 bowmaker. Don't forget that you need enough Fir Wood for the Coking Plants and bowmaker.
    • Captnemo: attack just before you end your day, so next time u log back in, the settlers will be replenished ready to be recruited again
    • AnyOne: Attack a camp with only 3 Bandits for your first attack, stay away from Camp leaders.
    • AnyOne: PRO TIP: When attacking a camp make sure your general does not travel inside a red box (when you click on an enemy camp) if you do your General will attack that city on route to his destination.
    • AnyOne: Pro Tip: its a military game, know that you will lose soldiers in all your battles, build your economy to make as many soldiers as possible. I recommend to either upgrade your bronze weapon smith making or make 2 of them as soon as possible.
    • Daenerys:When attacking camps... be sure to note the red boxes around each camp.. several overlap.. .. If your general crosses into another red camp you will fight those bandits!!
      Also.... when placing your garrison take into account which bandit camps you want to attack first... A poorly placed garrison will be a real pain to work out... I learned the hard way...

• BB_Arad1: Remember that to build in a newly conquered sector you must place a storage house first!

Buffs:
    • Msch99: Trade buffs as often as possible! Buffing not only doubles production, but only uses the original amount of resources.
    • Omegaruler: Select good friends and help each other alot! THe buffs have an increase of efficiency of the 50% when used on a friend's building so help others and let the others help you...you'll both win.
    • Afetogbo: When you are online use fish plates instead of the better buffs as they use less materials. Save your higher food buffs for when you are going to be offline. I recommend at least 2 fishers to gather fish. Use the plates on weapon smiths and bower makers constantly and other resources as needed.
    • Marius: Finding out what your friend needs before you start buffing structures would be nice. Otherwise you can hurt him/her on resources/planning for the future.
    • ALLCAPSNOSPACES:
      Do Not Buff Your Fishers with Fish Plate!!!!! This is a myth and if you buff your fishers with fish plates, all you do is depleting your fishing pools with no benefits. Ok, here goes...
      Fact #1: It takes 10 fish to produce a fish plate.
      Fact #2: It takes 3 minutes for your fisher to catch 1 fish (I'm being generous here and not count travel time)
      Fact #3: The fish plate buff last 30 minutes.

So, without the buff, your fisher produce 10 fish every 30 minutes, which is 1 fish plate. With the buff, your fisher produce 20 fish every 30 minutes, which is 2 fish plates. BUT YOU USED THAT EXTRA FISH PLATE ON YOUR FISHER ALREADY SO WHAT HAVE YOU GAINED? Nothing. You just depleted your pools for nothing! If you're now taking travel time into consideration, you're actually losing resources!

• RonEmpire suggests If your fishermen is level five, you will gain fish faster
    • Gwuinsf: Another tip - the buffs have an unexplained bonus. Not only do they double your production but they do so at no increase in raw material costs. So if you buff your Bronze Weaponsmith, for example, you get double the sword output for the same cost of 1 bronze, 2 coal.
    • Shanksta: You can buff a building 1 second before the production cycle is over and still double your output. If you time it correctly it can really help!
    • Bernard: Buff up your fishers first as they will double their output; then buff all the other buildings. You will hopefully be running at double capacity in no time.
    • RonEmpire: suggests:
    • Buff up your fishers to level 2 and 3 first, then buff. Don't buff fishers at level 1.[/i]
    • LiquidFire: Buff Buff Buff.....Build lots of fishy plates, use them often.

Exploration:
    • Selak: ProTip: If there is no clouded land area to left, right, above, or below one of the blue border sections on your map, send your explorer after treasure as he can't explore map sections anymore.
    Last edited by BB_Rawren; 12-18-13 at 01:37 pm. Reason: Updated

World
    Zeus
    Tip: Mail Reminders

Create & send mail to yourself. Use this as reminders in planning your empire expansion. The brilliant plan you just conceived today may be lost tomorrow. In addition, use the reminder for buff strategies and requests. Managing buffs become a challenge when you need to track numerous obligations. A number of friends may have buff requests that vary in time and buildings. Their requests may also change from day to day. Setting up reminders should help to keep track of these changes.

No one wants to be thought of as the "UNGRATEFUL CRETIN", so set up the reminder and be regarded as "THE RELIABLE ONE".

Recruit
    Can a guy get some love on compiling said tips?

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Can a guy get some love on compiling said tips?
    We h34r7u Angelus! Very nice job.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Soldier
    Nice tips and nice post!

World
    Zeus
    This is surely redundant - but 4 EASY BEGINNER TIPS
    1) Follow the Tutorial!
    2) Use the HELP tab for game questions
    3) Read the Forums (like this page)
    4) Make sure you have PATIENCE

Recipe for success....

thx for the good info

Recruit
    Thank you bro...

Recruit
    How do I upgrade my roads?

Roads cannot be upgraded, at the moment they are purely cosmetic in nature.
    There are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, and the third is useless. - Niccolò Machiavelli

Reply to Thread