Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: A CEO Call to Arms: Dealing with the trolls!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmoon View Post
    Secondly, I never said I speak for everyone, "So say we all"
    I might not be an english major, but when you say "So say we all" you are saying that you're speaking for everyone. Every time you post something, it's unfathomably unreasonable and/or contradictory. Please proof read your posts before you commit to submitting them as they just make you look foolish. Unless that's the desired effect in which case... bravo. /clap......clap...clap clap clap
    Last edited by Tapewormz; 08-16-11 at 04:04 pm.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenzton View Post

Yes, we all wish some things would be fixed, bugs and kinks to be worked out, leveling or resource gathering to be sped up, but for the most part I believe we are all enjoying ourselves.

I would let everyone speak for themselves.

But, my dear brothers and sisters, we face a looming cloud on the horizon.

They slip in through the cracks, invading like tendrils of terrible smoke, getting into your lungs, choking the very life out of you. You know who I'm talking about, those who blabber in chat about Chuck Norris, about The Game, about whatever else they can vomit out at the time. Those who make forums unreadable, those who make being in game unenjoyable. Yes, my compadres, this is what lies before us.

You seem to be speaking for everyone. I tend to not let others annoy me quite this much.

But fear not, for I have a solution, one I hope is agreed upon! When coming upon one of these creatures, do not respond in kind. Do not feed into their traps. Add them to ignore lists in game, remember their names and do not Trade anything with them, do not quote them on forums. Make them feel invisible, like a memory long past.

You are talking about human beings. Not everyone will like everyone. If you follow your own advice you could not possibly feel anything towards these people because you would not see them in chat. You realize the Nazis spoke the same way of the Jews?
    I sense this post is a result of someone trolling who got you to take the bait.

If we do this, we may just make this community one worthy of being proud of, a shining beacon in the otherwise dreary landscape of the world wide web. Keep our game enjoyable, make it that we may always have fun in chat without someone being obnoxious on purpose. Do this my friends, do this for you, do this for me, do this for us all, at least us make this game the best it can be.

The web is not quite the dreary landscape you make it out to be. It has it's bad side, sure. It also has a myriad of awesome applications that can enrich lives.

Any thoughts, questions, objections?
    I think people should just ignore when someone trolls. Trolling is just a maladjusted way to get attention and it invariably works.

What I think is that people need to learn how to peacefully coexist in any environment.

Everybody will never like everybody. That does not mean that someone you do not gel with needs to be your enemy.

Why would you expect to ever be able to get everyone to agree to a solution that you think is best based on your perceptions of who trolls are?

I can predict you will not like me now for speaking up here now.

You seem to have made this about either being for you or against you.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents, for what it's worth.
    Last edited by SirRoy; 08-16-11 at 08:28 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapewormz View Post
    I might not be an english major, but when you say "So say we all" you are saying that you're speaking for everyone. Every time you post something, it's unfathomably unreasonable and/or contradictory. Please proof read your posts before you commit to submitting them as they just make you look foolish. Unless that's the desired effect in which case... bravo. /clap......clap...clap clap clap
    I am so sorry you feel that way tapeworm, I really felt that I explained myself in the other post when cexton accused me of the same thing. That quote which means not my words "So say we all" is from BSG Battlestar Galactica and what it means is "For all that agree" so if you felt I was speaking for everyone I was not and I never said I was. I think one person speaking for everyone is enough. Before calling me names, next time if you would please read the entire post and not use the quote button to say what you want it to, you might notice that I really did explain this very well before.
    You be well and take care,
    Kimie
    "Even old wolfmen fear the Bloodmoon, beware the Bloodmoon."

Quote Originally Posted by SirRoy View Post
    I think people should just ignore when someone trolls. Trolling is just a maladjusted way to get attention and it invariably works.

What I think is that people need to learn how to peacefully coexist in any environment.

Everybody will never like everybody. That does not mean that someone you do not gel with needs to be your enemy.

Why would you expect to ever be able to get everyone to agree to a solution that you think is best based on your perceptions of who trolls are?

I can predict you will not like me now for speaking up here now.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents, for what it's worth.
    "So say we all"
    "Even old wolfmen fear the Bloodmoon, beware the Bloodmoon."

I would let everyone speak for themselves.
    The format of what I was trying to do was putting something up for vote in a town meeting-esque fashion. Using "we" is a manner of trying to impart something of a passionate speech.

You seem to be speaking for everyone. I tend to not let others annoy me quite this much.
    Once again, I was attempting to talk to people, not for people. It perplexes me that you insist otherwise.

You are talking about human beings. Not everyone will like everyone. If you follow your own advice you could not possibly feel anything towards these people because you would not see them in chat. You realize the Nazis spoke the same way of the Jews?
    Congrats in managing to see everything I wrote in a literal way, not the tounge in cheek manner it was written. And are you seriously about to compare what I wrote here to Nazis? Careful, you're skating on very thin ice there.

I sense this post is a result of someone trolling who got you to take the bait.
    Incorrect. There, indeed, someone trolling in game, which saddened me. I picked my brain for a while, attempting to come up with a plan to combat what I am convinced will be more and more of an issue, which I then wrote here. If you consider that me "taking the bait" then... oh shucks, they got me.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRoy View Post
    [B]I think people should just ignore when someone trolls. Trolling is just a maladjusted way to get attention and it invariably works.
    That was my entire point, I was just hoping to get people to do it to an extreme.

In a perfect world... but we are not.

Never said that was the case.

In my mind, I forsaw a problem. I then proposed possible solution. Nowhere did I say THIS IS THE ONE AND ONLY WAY EVER.

can predict you will not like me now for speaking up here now.
    I can predict that you think I'm a whole lot more combative than I am. But for the sake of argument here, what, you think I'm gonna give you hugs for essentially calling me a ****?

Incorrect, but I've already explained why several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmoon View Post
    "So say we all"
    No, so say two people. Try again later.
    When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What am I supposed to do with these!
    On hiatus from the game currently.

World
    Zeus
    I hear you Centzon.
    Not trying to compare you to the Nazis. Just wanted to emphasize the negativity of the exclusionary tone of your comment.

@Bloodmoon

Oh yeah? Well "Klaatu barada nikto".

World
    Zeus
    Guys, I really don't wanna apply Godwin's Law...

And I would be amazed at this point if any solution would be found for the problem.

Either way, please stop arguing.

Recruit
    I 2nd this.......
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    Guys, I really don't wanna apply Godwin's Law...

And I would be amazed at this point if any solution would be found for the problem.

Either way, please stop arguing.

I really think it is a waste to attempt this or make some kind of list or pact against them Cenzton considering the fact you even have me blocked yet you admitted in chat you have no clue why. I think the term can easily be discernible, but it can also easily be loosely used and give someone of good nature/meaning a bad name unjustly just as easily. Individuals use their best judgement and block/ignore who they want, thats what the options for... thumbs down on this thread from this guy

*points at self*
    Last edited by Wallstreet; 08-17-11 at 07:52 am.
    Honey Badger

Reply to Thread