Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A CEO Call to Arms: Dealing with the trolls!

A CEO Call to Arms: Dealing with the trolls!

Ladies and Gents, welcome, I am pleased to see you at this meeting.

Castle Empire Online has been growing stronger daily, and I am sure we are all enjoying it greatly. Yes, we all wish some things would be fixed, bugs and kinks to be worked out, leveling or resource gathering to be sped up, but for the most part I believe we are all enjoying ourselves. Chat is lively most of the time, help is freely distributed, and it's a generally enjoyable atmosphere.

But, my dear brothers and sisters, we face a looming cloud on the horizon. As the game gains the much needed notoriety and membership it will so desperately need to keep afloat, we will soon encounter more and more of those who crawl in from the underbelly of the internet, the trolls. They slip in through the cracks, invading like tendrils of terrible smoke, getting into your lungs, choking the very life out of you. You know who I'm talking about, those who blabber in chat about Chuck Norris, about The Game, about whatever else they can vomit out at the time. Those who make forums unreadable, those who make being in game unenjoyable. Yes, my compadres, this is what lies before us.

But fear not, for I have a solution, one I hope is agreed upon! When coming upon one of these creatures, do not respond in kind. Do not feed into their traps. Add them to ignore lists in game, remember their names and do not Trade anything with them, do not quote them on forums. Make them feel invisible, like a memory long past.

If we do this, we may just make this community one worthy of being proud of, a shining beacon in the otherwise dreary landscape of the world wide web. Keep our game enjoyable, make it that we may always have fun in chat without someone being obnoxious on purpose. Do this my friends, do this for you, do this for me, do this for us all, at least us make this game the best it can be.

Any thoughts, questions, objections?
    When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What am I supposed to do with these!
    On hiatus from the game currently.

Soldier
    Are you going to tell me I am in your ignore list? :'(
    /ignoreadd nickname WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

I was wondering when that word would first be used here. I hate that word and the use of it is all in the eye of the beholder, one persons troll is another persons freedom fighter. On what grounds and terms will these PEOPLE be labeled with this horrible name and title. It is better 10 guilty go free than to convict a single innocent. "So say we all."
    "Even old wolfmen fear the Bloodmoon, beware the Bloodmoon."

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmoon View Post
    I was wondering when that word would first be used here. I hate that word and the use of it is all in the eye of the beholder, one persons troll is another persons freedom fighter. On what grounds and terms will these PEOPLE be labeled with this horrible name and title. It is better 10 guilty go free than to convict a single innocent. "So say we all."
    So, first off, it's So say you, not So say we all, as you speak for yourself and not everyone.

Secondly, your supposed "freedom fighter" makes crappy Chuck Norris jokes?

Thirdly, it's up to each person to follow this or not. We'll see if there's more folks on my side or yours.
    When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What am I supposed to do with these!

Quote Originally Posted by Cenzton View Post
    So, first off, it's So say you, not So say we all, as you speak for yourself and not everyone.

Secondly, your supposed "freedom fighter" makes crappy Chuck Norris jokes?

Thirdly, it's up to each person to follow this or not. We'll see if there's more folks on my side or yours.
    Chuck norris ? i think he is a kool dude.

PAX is for kids and furries...which is scary to have those two in the same building. It's like a nambla convention...an entire parking lot full of white vans with blacked out windows. FREAKS!

Oh come on...You know I'm sorta kidding about the PAX comment.

Wow...I was really off topic here... LOL
    Last edited by Tapewormz; 08-15-11 at 11:29 pm.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    You know who I'm talking about, those who blabber in chat about Chuck Norris, about The Game, about whatever else they can vomit out at the time.
    This has been going on for over two weeks now. A turn off chat , option is what's needed.

Buck

World
    Zeus
    There is one, its called the minimize button. And if someone irritates you, there is the ignore option in chat.
    Sometimes what you consider trolling, others consider conversation...

There is, at least from what I've seen, a pretty discernible difference between someone trolling, and people having banter in chat.

But I mean really? Am I that much off base here? Is there that much of a question of what's trolling and what's not? Was my semi-sleep deprived proclamation that bad?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    First of all I didn't say anything using the " T " word. The person who started the thread did that. Second, there is a great difference between minimize and off. Most of the conversations here of late, are nothing to do with game play or problems, but idle chit chat that could go somewhere else.I don't believe UBI's intent was to start a social chat network. A full time UBI mod is really whats needed.

Buck

Reply to Thread