Reply to Thread

Thread: Messaging me the News of what's Happend While I was Offline

Question Messaging me the News of what's Happend While I was Offline

Okay, you know how when you logout and come back it does not tell any new news? Well, here's my problem.
    I would like to see any and all news that has happened while I was away.

Like I'll send both of my...uhm...not the explorers but the ones who find mines and that stuff, for harvesting, to go look for Marble things and they go but will be back in 30 min. or whatever. But I'll also be training multipul groups of men, like 25 basic melee* units, 25 basic ranged units, 25 more basic melee* units, and many more other groups in inqerments* of 1 and 2 units. My explorer will be looking for treasure as well. I'll logoff and come back in like an hour and a 1/2. The training units I can just see in garrison and barracks there are, and explorer I'll get mail for, but the geologists...just remembered the name of them...will have done their thing, but I don't know if they failed or not. And there is probably other news I'll eventually here as I go up in lvl that will be the same. I think it would be easyer to show all the news while you are gone/away when you login in the news panel. Not old news but unknown news. If you could help it would be apreciated*. I don't really like spending 5 min. looking for mines or whatever that aren't there. Thankyou
    DarthEzor
    WARHAMMER 40,000
    Orks All Da Way!
    WAAAAAGH!!!
    We iz da Orks an' you iz not!

World
    Zeus
    Actually, since the stone, marble, copper, iron, coal, and gold deposits, etc. are limited. You can learn where they are pretty easy. Then it just takes a quick scan around to see where a new one was discovered. You KNOW it was discovered if you sent our Walla Jabeela to look for it.
    Another good way to keep track is to only destroy a depleted deposit when you are about to send the geologist out. The he will find that one for you.

These suggestions are only meant to help you in case they do not take up your idea.

Yeah but some times it says "Failed to find because you already have too many of that reasourse". But thankyou. Also need to know in news or mail when something gets depleated so i can look for it and redo it.
    DarthEzor
    WARHAMMER 40,000
    Orks All Da Way!
    WAAAAAGH!!!
    We iz da Orks an' you iz not!

World
    Zeus
    I agree with DE. The news while on line is fine. Some not as usefull as others. But I need the news about what happens while I sleep or ? I know I can survey my whole island. I also know if it was better organized I could find things easier. But I have a real mishmash. Would love to see help in making the game easier to play.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

I mentioned something like this in another thread. I play another "build up your empire game" and it sends both email and "notices" whenever something happens. This can be annoying if your doing lots of activities, but on the other hand, you can view "what happened" while you were away from the game. And when you are very busy in-game, sometimes it's easy to loose track of what your doing.

So, a notification system would be sweet. The game could send a "system" message to the users in-game email box, which would go into a specific "system email" folder set up for it.

The game would send out notifications when:

1. Troops complete training
    2. A deposit becomes active (mine, quarry, well, field, etc.)
    3. A deposit becomes depleted (mine, quarry, well, field, etc)
    4. Completed buffs being available.
    5. Armies are sent out
    6. Armies returning
    7. Completed builds
    8. Completed upgrades

And other stuff I'm probably forgetting, heh.
    [URL="http://forum.castleempireonline.com/threads/13342-Guide-List-Big-list-of-Guides-Tools-and-Other-Resources-for-CEO-Players"][IMG]http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/metaplace/signature-1.png[/IMG][/URL]

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Even better than notifications while away would be if the on screen notices would stay up longer. I just can't switch over from the paper I am working on, or run over from the bathroom quick enough before the notice goes away. They stay up, what? One Mississippi? They should stay up longer, like a full 5 to 10 seconds. I hate having to scan all over the map looking for the mine that collapsed or the new mine they just found.

Reply to Thread