Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Resource Calculator with Production Overview...

I have been using this spreadsheet heavily shortly after Graywolf released it, and to date it's THE tool I use to keep track of things (at least with the things the tool can keep track of so far). I'm really happy with the "Production Summary" sheet, which displays the things I really want to know in an easy to read format. The input areas are simple and easy to to use, along with being well documented. Generally speaking, this is a terrific tool and I am very much looking forward to updates. Thanks Graywolf, for this great CEO resource!
    Last edited by Indigo; 09-17-11 at 07:16 pm.
    [URL="http://forum.castleempireonline.com/threads/13342-Guide-List-Big-list-of-Guides-Tools-and-Other-Resources-for-CEO-Players"][IMG]http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/metaplace/signature-1.png[/IMG][/URL]

World
    Zeus

Update: Version 1.23 released

Monday, September 5th
    Release Version 1.23

Added Stone Masons, Marble Masons and Fishers. Building Tabs and Report Summary
    (These Buildings are not really part of any one production chain but they provide valuable building materials and are worth tracking)
    Corrected Building count error created by On/Off Switch (Global, applied to all buildings)

• " Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool. "

World
    Zeus

Update: Version 1.30 released

Friday, September 9th
    Release Version 1.30

Added Copper Mines
    Added Navigational Links and Buttons (All) (Suggestion submitted by Indigo)
    Added Iron, Coal and Gold Mines (Mines Complete)
    Added Mine Production Summary to Summary Page
    Added Copper Smelters, Bronze Weaponsmiths and Toolmakers
    Added Copper/Coal Production Summary to Summary Page
    Copper/Coal Production Chain Complete!

This upgrade completes the Mines and the Copper/Coal Production Chain.
    Next up the Iron/Coal/Steel, Gold/Coal and Hunter/Butcher Production Chains

At this time I'd also like to Thank Indigo for the well thought out critique and suggestions.
    The Navigational Buttons and links in this version were a direct result of one of her suggestions.
    Others will be included in future upgrades once the primary Production Chains are completed.

At this time I am reaching the point where the information is not as readily available as I am still at level 27 and do not know all the requirements for the advanced buildings. These will be added as information becomes available either through my advancing or with information supplied by higher level players.

Regards,

Graywolf
    Last edited by Graywolf; 09-09-11 at 05:59 pm.

Thumbs up Wheee!

Darn it...the forum is supposed to email me when there is an update to this thread, but I didn't get anything. So as of 11:30 EST Saturday, I am just now taking a look at it. I'll have a more complete review once I have a chance to dig in, but so far I like:

The new navigation is great! (glad I could help with that). I do however, miss the navigation back to the specific cell areas on the Product Summary pertaining to the specific chains, but that's not a huge biggie.

The buttons are nice!

And hey, boy I really was looking forward to some of these new chains, so I can't wait to see how far along we can get with this.
    Last edited by Indigo; 09-17-11 at 07:14 pm.
    [URL="http://forum.castleempireonline.com/threads/13342-Guide-List-Big-list-of-Guides-Tools-and-Other-Resources-for-CEO-Players"][IMG]http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/metaplace/signature-1.png[/IMG][/URL]

World
    Zeus

Update: Version 1.40 released

Sunday, September 11th
    Release Version 1.40

Added Hunter and Butcher
    Added Hunter/Butcher Production Summary to Summary Page
    Running Validation Testing on Hunter/Butcher Chain
    Added Iron Smelter, Iron Weaponsmith, Steel Smelter and Steel Weaponsmith
    Added Coal/Iron/Steel Production Summary to Summary Page
    Running Validation Testing on Coal/Iron/Steel Chain
    Added Gold Smelter and Coinage
    Added Coal/Gold Production Summary to Summary Page
    Coal/Gold Production Chain Complete
    Running Validation Testing on Coal/Gold Chain

That's it! All Advanced Buildings and Production Chains are now complete!
    Except for edits to correct formulas, grammatical errors and to update graphics and navigation Version 1.xx is basically finished.
    Next up, I wll be collecting information on expert buildings for version 2.xx as well as working on some additional reports.

Regards,

Graywolf

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    Darn it...the forum is supposed to email me when there is an update to this thread, but I didn't get anything. So as of 11:30 EST Saturday, I am just now taking a look at it. I'll have a more complete review once I have a chance to dig in, but so far I like:

The new navigation is great! (glad I could help with that). I do however, miss the navigation back to the specific cell areas on the Product Summary pertaining to the specific chains, but that's not a huge biggie.

The buttons are nice!

And hey, boy I really was looking forward to some of these new chains, so I can't wait to see how far along we can get with this.
    Thanks, Glad you like the Nav Icons

Regarding cell navigation, Excel will not recognize navigation to a locked cell. However as long as the page is locked it will navigate back to the place in the Summary Page from where you last exited.

Therefore, if you are in the Hardwood Production Chain on the Summary Page and you click on the Hardwood Sawmill Icon it will navigate to the Hardwood Sawmill Page. Once you're done entering information for Hardwood Sawmills and you click on the Return to Summary Page Button it will return you to the Summary Page at the Hardwood Production Chain Section. It was the best workaround I could come up with and still maintain the integrity of the Summary Page Formulas. I may experiment with some other forms of navigation now that Version 1.xx is basically complete.

Regards,

Graywolf
    Last edited by Graywolf; 09-11-11 at 01:23 pm.

This is really the best resource management tool currently posted on the forums. This is an advanced Excel spreadsheet created by a professional Excel user, and it shows. I am not sure how I managed previous to using this tool. Graywolf, might I suggest you add a screenshot to the main post? Maybe that will get you a few more users who will comment about this tool. The upcoming version is worth the wait, and I highly suggest anyone who hasn't tried this resource tool yet to jump on in. You haven't seen a spreadsheet like this one!
    Last edited by Indigo; 09-17-11 at 07:17 pm.

World
    Zeus

Update: Version 1.41 released

Sunday, September 251th
    Release Version 1.41

Corrected Coal calculation error in Gold Smelter (Thank You, Lancelot)
    Testing Area Mapping on Wells

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Not able to download the update for some reason. Says that the file is too large for the browser. BTW, this spreadsheet is awesome!.

World
    Zeus
    Dude, awesome job on this! Thanks

Reply to Thread