Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Ubi Official] Castle Empire Shop Now Open!

Former Community Manager BB_Katealyst's Avatar
    World
    Zeus

[Ubi Official] Castle Empire Shop Now Open!

The Castle Empire Shop is now live! With the arrival of this exciting addition, you will no longer have to worry about hoarding what few shiny blue gems you may have - you can simply get more! All of those lovely items that have been staring you in the face throughout the beta can now be yours! All you need to do is purchase some gems, make the simple transaction, and instantly have that coveted item.

You can find the Castle Empire Shop here.

As for addressing any concerns about purchasing gems in a beta: in the event that your account has to be reset, all your Gems will be refunded to you when the game once again goes live

Happy shopping!

Last edited by BB_Katealyst; 08-26-11 at 10:26 am.

Alright, so, I've got a little bit of an issue with this. I really like the game and probably spend too much time on it, but the opening of buying gems at the moment... rubs me the wrong way.

Here's my problem. There are currently a slew of bugs out there, starting from the fact that some guilds still don't have workable chat tabs (I hear some do, which makes it even more peculiar), to the fact that some of the bosses are missing extremely crucial pieces of information from their tab (courageous), to the fact that we still time out randomly at any given time of the day, to the fact that wells look to function properly, and buildings sometimes don't get inhabited by workers, and so on and so forth (and let's not even mention how completely crappy some of the adventures are, you lose way more than you gain on some of them). I understand this may all be under works, but quite frankly the only bug fix I've seen so far is guild tags finally showing up, and that was... weeks ago.

And now, still in closed beta mind you, suddenly we can buy gems? I'm sorry, but this smells of almost desperate cash grab.

Look, I'm hope I'm proven wrong on all accounts here. I hope there will be sweeping changes to clear up some of these glaring errors which have been reported repeatedly, and the game goes into open beta/release smoothly and we're all happy riding on rainbows. Right now though? I'm not sure I'm liking the turn this has taken.
    When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What am I supposed to do with these!
    On hiatus from the game currently.

World
    Zeus
    Hey Cenzton,

I understand your concerns; however, we are not going to force anyone to buy Gems. I received feedback from multiple people stating that the CB felt long and they would like the opportunity to purchase Gems to get some of the items they had been drooling over. We decided to give those users the ability to buy Gems. If you feel that it is not the right time to buy Gems and you want all of your concerns addressed first, I advise you to wait a bit. As you mentioned, some of the bugs are peculiar (and hard to fix).

As for addressing your concerns about bug fixes: we have had many bug fixes which can be found here, along with all of the known issues.

Alright, I sincerely hope that's the reasoning behind this. I've just seen entirely way too many games push out an incomplete and bug riddled product for the sake of trying to get some cash inflow, and the opening of the cash shop quite often is the point at which games stop trying to fix stuff.

I look forward to what will happen in the future (even though no wipe is somewhat disappointing to me, personally ).
    When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What am I supposed to do with these!
    On hiatus from the game currently.

World
    Zeus
    Thanks for your understanding Cenzton!

I will endeavor to update that bug list as much as I can. We will be opening other new servers so players can start fresh if they want. It is hard to please veeryone, but we are doing our best! The no wipe option did win in the poll afterall.

Thanks again for your feedback! I will be posting a thread soon about the guild chat bug. We are trying to figure out the source of it.

Recruit
    Should it be taking a while for gems to show up once purchased? I just bought some though the shop and got my confirmation from PayPal, but the gems haven't yet showed up in my game. I made the purchase in a different tab with the game already running in another browser window. I thought that might be the problem so I've exited completely and loaded up again. The gems still haven't shown up.

Any ideas?

Recruit
    Ah, now they're there. Just takes a little while I guess.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldenkroll View Post
    Ah, now they're there. Just takes a little while I guess.
    Glad you got it worked out! It should be pretty much instant, I am guessing your other browser open may have caused the problems.

In the future, if you are having payment problems, you can contact Customer Support.

Recruit
    I hope it will be possible for us unemployed to trade other players for gems. 1 gem for 400 gold or what ever the rate of exchange will be.

Recruit
    Hey Kate, are there plans to have any bundles/specials in the future? Personally I'd love to buy more lanterns to spruce my place up but 35/45 gems per lantern is pretty bleh when I'd like to buy 8 or more.

Thanks!

Edit : I see now that the 45 gems lantern is a 3-pack. Nevertheless, any specials in the future?
    Last edited by Farrox; 08-26-11 at 06:59 pm.

Reply to Thread