Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No Wipe? (Please reconsider)

Quote Originally Posted by Demacia View Post
    those voted for wipe can start at a new server. inb4 end of discussion
    This is assuming we're allowed to have more than one kingdom.
    When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What am I supposed to do with these!
    On hiatus from the game currently.

You can't have more than one kingdom. I play on the euro server and you can only choose your server at the time of account creation.

The guild would take a major hit if everyone started on a new server Demacia. Probably 1/2 of our guild wanted the reset, if not more.
    I'm the keeper of the cheese, and you're the lemon merchant... and he knows it! That's why he's going to kill us! Hurry man, lets get out of here before he lets loose the marmosetes!

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey View Post
    You have no idea what a closed beta is, do you?

No, not everyone that signs up gets a key.
    Actually you are incorrect, when this "closed" beta began, it was stated several times in response to players both in game asking about friend and on the face book page, if you sign up, you WILL receive access within a few days of signing up. So it has in fact been a restricted open beta, but to my knowledge no one to date who has signed up has not been followed up with a key. They could not proceed with a full closed beta as the interest is not on the level of a million + out the gate game.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapewormz View Post
    You can't have more than one kingdom. I play on the euro server and you can only choose your server at the time of account creation.
    Make another account for the other server?

Pretty much do the same thing you did with EU server.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvanoshei View Post
    Actually you are incorrect, when this "closed" beta began, it was stated several times in response to players both in game asking about friend and on the face book page, if you sign up, you WILL receive access within a few days of signing up. So it has in fact been a restricted open beta, but to my knowledge no one to date who has signed up has not been followed up with a key. They could not proceed with a full closed beta as the interest is not on the level of a million + out the gate game.
    Actually Silvanoshei, I am correct.
    I signed up with 2 different emails for a better chance to get into the beta, and guess what? Only one of them got invited.
    Last edited by Turkey; 08-27-11 at 11:07 am.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurorah View Post
    Make another account for the other server?

Pretty much do the same thing you did with EU server.
    Making another account is forbidden by the TOS.
    When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What am I supposed to do with these!
    On hiatus from the game currently.

I don't want to start sounding like I'm making up excuses or anything, but I don't want to use a different username. :P
    I'm the keeper of the cheese, and you're the lemon merchant... and he knows it! That's why he's going to kill us! Hurry man, lets get out of here before he lets loose the marmosetes!

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Actually Silvanoshei, I am correct.
    I signed up with 2 different emails for a better chance to get into the beta, and guess what? Only one of them got invited.
    I can only assume you have done something incorrect in entering the information, all of my friends have been accepted to date without issues and growing.

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Personally, I don't want to have to rebuild again from scratch (since I took care of rebuilding nearly everything at Level 17 which set me back considerably time and resource-wise, but it was well worth it). I voted against the wipe, because new players can always be set up on a new server.

Frankly, I don't know if I would continue playing if there was a wipe, simply because of the tedious grind to get back to where I am now. Really don't want to have to kill Chuck, Metal, and soon Mary again. The social aspect of the game at this point is the glue that keeps me here as well as moving on into adventures where I can co-op play with friends/guild mates and hopefully moving on to pvp if and when that is instated.

I don't want to start sounding like I'm making up excuses or anything, but I don't want to use a different username. :P
    It's simple enough to move to the new server, and before going ask the Ubi_techs to let you keep your screen name so you can and start over if that is what you prefer.

I would really dislike seeing our guild split up in the process, but I"m not sure as far along as everyone in our guild is what the reasoning would be behind wanting a wipe? If new players are put on a new "world" -- then the playing field is level for them, so that issue would be moot.

Just my thoughts, not saying anyone else's opinion or desires aren't valid.

Pilot
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

I'm surprised that the devs have no plans to reset the game after the closed beta.

Let's put away our competitive greed and think this over.

This was a closed beta, meaning that only those who were invited had the pleasure of trying out CEO. It is completely unfair that only the selected few get to keep everything they hoarded even before the game entered the open beta phase.

I acknowledge that the poll results slighty favored a no-wipe, but those results were almost entirely based on the opinions (or rather, wish) of the closed beta testers.

We already have the experience we need to build a better, more efficient empire. Can we not let the new comers start on even footing?
    The votes are in and the tribe has spoken, so that is all. Once again the world is safe because Democracy has ruled and the people are united in voice.
    "So say we all."
    "Even old wolfmen fear the Bloodmoon, beware the Bloodmoon."

Reply to Thread