Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No Wipe? (Please reconsider)

Recruit

Exclamation No Wipe? (Please reconsider)

I'm surprised that the devs have no plans to reset the game after the closed beta.

Let's put away our competitive greed and think this over.

This was a closed beta, meaning that only those who were invited had the pleasure of trying out CEO. It is completely unfair that only the selected few get to keep everything they hoarded even before the game entered the open beta phase.

I acknowledge that the poll results slighty favored a no-wipe, but those results were almost entirely based on the opinions (or rather, wish) of the closed beta testers.

We already have the experience we need to build a better, more efficient empire. Can we not let the new comers start on even footing?

I'd also like to stress here that while yes, the no option to wipe after beta did win, the overall votes were almost completely split down the middle. If BB/Ubi folks have decided that it's better for the game to not be reset that's one thing, but doing it for the sole reason that no won by a mere 7 votes (and let's keep in mind here that countless number of folks either don't check the forums or worse yet, aren't able to log into the forums because of their validation not working) is... not exactly the strongest argument to stand on.
    When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What am I supposed to do with these!
    On hiatus from the game currently.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey View Post
    This was a closed beta, meaning that only those who were invited had the pleasure of trying out CEO.
    I don't think it was very hard to get a closed beta key. I was under the impression that anyone could sign up and get one. I know when I signed up I had an email within minutes with my key.

That being said, I do think they should implement the ability to start your account over if you choose.

Recruit
    You have no idea what a closed beta is, do you?

No, not everyone that signs up gets a key.

World
    Zeus
    Trying to make life take the Lemons back?

Before I go any farther I'll say right up front that I also voted to wipe.

That being said, face it, we lost... We were outvoted slightly by the players wanting to retain what they've spent a lot of time building.
    I don't necessarily agree, but I can sympathize with their viewpoint. There were a lot of ongoing discussions about this in chat as well.

If I'd been given the opportunity to do things over there's a lot I would have done differently, but I can also live with the Empire I've
    managed to build without any regrets.

It would appear that the BB/UBI folks also agree with the decision and actually we have no idea if this was the only factor that played into
    the making of that decision. (I believe the player's opinions might have been a factor in the decision, but I doubt it was the only factor
    or even a significant one.)

So let's move along with what we've been given and make the best of it.
    (I would have made the obvious lemons to lemonade remark in closing, But even though I happen to disagree on this issue,
    I really do respect Cenzton and everything he's contributed during this Beta
    )

• " Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool. "

Recruit
    Graywolf, the verdict has yet been handed down and they are merely "leaning" towards no-wipe.

You should already know this if you read the news on the front page.

Katealyst said in chat today that there will be no wipe unless something catastrophic happens in which case everyone will be refunded.
    I'm the keeper of the cheese, and you're the lemon merchant... and he knows it! That's why he's going to kill us! Hurry man, lets get out of here before he lets loose the marmosetes!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    A wipe should be optional for the CEO Testers!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey View Post
    Graywolf, the verdict has yet been handed down and they are merely "leaning" towards no-wipe.

You should already know this if you read the news on the front page.
    Yes, I can read. (When absolutely forced to)
    But I was also going by the information that Katealyst gave us in chat this morning...

• " Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool. "

those voted for wipe can start at a new server. inb4 end of discussion

Reply to Thread