Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 229 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2281

Thread: Suggestions

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    After the Four Winds Quest debacle, I thought about ways to introduce luck without having it overwhelm the game:

The Olympians visit The Settlers

Every day, there is a small chance that one Greek deity will pay a visit to our game. Most days will be normal, but if a god(dess) shows up, the gameplay will be affected. Sometimes in ways that are good, and sometimes not-so-good. After all, the Greek gods had their flaws.

Zeus is the king of the gods. When he visits, he shares his bounty with his subjects. Everyone receives an Enhanced Fruit Basket.

Aphrodite is the goddess of love. When she shows up, love is in the air. Population growth is doubled for the entire day.

Hephaestus is the god of metalworking. On that day, the production of smelters is doubled.

Demeter is the goddess of the harvest. Everyone receives a Packed Wheat Field.

Athena is the goddess of wisdom, and she favors the advanced buildings. All expert buildings (after the E-Sawmill) have their production tripled. At last those expensive worthless decorations are finally worth something!

Artemis is the huntress. All hunters production is doubled.

Posiedon is the god of the sea. Unfortunately he only comes here when he is angry, and sends storms that chase your fisherman back to port. No fish production today. Don't look like that! He could just as easily have sent a tsunami that washed away your floating houses.

Ares is the god of war. All generals function as 250 generals today. Everyone gets to see what it's like to have a veteran on this day.

Apollo is a powerful god who shares his knowledge and experience. All adventures completed today receive a 25% bonus to XP.

Hades is the god of the underworld and the earth's hidden wealth. The production of all mines and quarries is doubled.

Hermes is the wily god of commerce. But he is angry, and the Trade Office is shut down all day. You may still trade with friends and guild members.

Hera is the queen of the gods. She is sick and tired of her husband's philandering, and casts a spell that reduces population growth by 50% for the entire day.

Daphne is a wood nymph. The production of all foresters is doubled.

Dionysus is the god of wine making. Production is doubled at all breweries and friaries.

Persephone is the daughter of Demeter, and has to spend half of her life underground with Hades. Farm production is reduced by 50%.

The Naiades are water nymphs. When they come calling, the production of all water mills is doubled.

Eris is the goddess of chaos and discord. Rats may get into your silos or thieves steal your copper...whatever mischief she is up to, you lose 1K of a random Intermediate resource. This may be reduced or eliminated for players below level 26.

This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of all Greek gods, nor is there an effect on every single building in the game. It's a way to spice up the game within the existing framework without requiring any additional content or massive reprogramming. The effects of doubling or halving production can be additive instead of multiplying with other buffs to avoid going overboard with huge production gains. This introduces an element of chance in a way that isn't completely arbitrary. It's the same for everyone, but those players whose islands are more self-sufficient have a better chance to weather the storms and take advantage of the opportunities.

World
    Zeus
    Here's another idea, and one I'm sure others have already suggested, but here goes:

Granite quarries. Getting granite solely from explorers is a pain, and the cost in the Trade House is prohibitive. Give us a couple of granite quarries on our islands. They don't have to be real fast, but it would be nice to have them there working, kind of like the gem pits.

Thank you.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I know this has been mentioned before but it wouldn't be very hard to do. A run while buffed option so that a building only runs while it is buffed.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    This may have been previously submitted -- I only went back 6 months on the previous suggestions -- and if so, I apologize. However, it would be helpful if our mailboxes also had an option for "sent" mail. Thanks, and thank you for a great game.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I have to assume this has been suggested in the past but some way to implement an upgrade that let's you queue troops and fish/meat deposits in larger groups would definitely make the game more fun and less tedious. I imagine it would support the long term players base to have it as a high level upgrade that costs a lot resources such as granite and titanium bars. Alternatively or additionally it would likely be quite profitable to have it as a gem purchase.

World
    Zeus
    Please , an option to pin star menu

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I already love this game, but I would be ecstatic if we could build, a few buildings , like shipwright, sail maker, dry dock, and build ships to do adventures with...we already have carpenters and cannons...

World
    Zeus
    was wondering if you could include gem production in economy overview, just got a gem pit... i can do the math on my own to figure out how much i make per 12hr, i just think it would be a cool feature in economy overview is alll

On a peak over looking my island surrounded by black dragons
    World
    Zeus
    Could you add housing to the economy overview. We can see all the other buildings and there levels. We can also click on a building and go to it. I'd like to be able to do that with houses and it would be easier to count them. Thank you

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Fish should replenish if the area is not being actively fished just like real life.

Make Geologist reports in the mail like the Explorer. A way to tell if we are at the max number of mines so we do not waste Geo search time.

Reply to Thread