Reply to Thread
Page 212 of 229 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2281

Thread: Suggestions

Settler
    World
    Ares
    So here's the problem with the tome and codex recipes for the rarity prov house, as I see it.

You can't, EVER generate enough manuscripts to need to use the RPH to make those two types of book at the increased cost over the regular bookbinder. It's just not worth the extra cost vs doing the work in your bookbinder.

Since the main source for fast easy (relatively) manuscripts IS the RPH, the process of making a tome or codex in that building is a double hit. First, you get the whammy because you've stopped making manuscripts to do something else. THEN you get the increased cost whammy of making the book in the RPH instead of the bookbinder.

Both recipes should be completely reworked if they are to be anything more than a pair of spot fillers in the RPH menu. It just makes far too much sense to throw some glue on the bookbinder and do all of the 2nd and 3rd tier work in that building as things are currently costed out.

*IF* those recipes were actually cheaper than the bookbinder cost, then I'd have some nail-biting to do over my production choices.

Manuscripts or tomes? Manuscripts or codexes? What to do? As it exists, manuscripts is the only viable choice.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I had a couple hundred manuscripts pre-general skills and will have similar overkill in a couple months, and the only books I had any particular need for were the higher end ones. I could see the potential application if I were in too much of a hurry to wait or needed a lot of books quickly, although this is a somewhat limited scenario.

World
    Zeus
    Yeah, I kinda agree with both of you. If I had a couple hundred manuscripts and I was in a huge hurry, I might... might, make some tomes in the RPH. Otherwise, it's not something i would do because of the increased costs in books. As nice as it would be to queue up everything in the RPH, I just can't bring myself to spend that many books on Tomes and Codex. Maybe next year if I have thousands of manuscripts hanging around I'll change my mind ........
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    I had a couple hundred manuscripts before the skill tree for Generals too... they were used so fast, my head is still spinning... and not all my pertinent generals are even skilled yet... IMHO, only manuscript recipe is useful. Sure, in some future time, books will be caught up (like 2025), but then why would I even waste the extra cost incurred by burning them in RPH? If books no longer red hot, save the resources and run in Bookbinder... I made one of each in rph for posterity, but that was it.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Thank you for your responses. All excellent. Please suggest how the tome and codex recipes should be reworked. I went with
    790 intermediate paper, 540 printing press letters, 100 magic beanstalks, 500 exotic wood planks, and 3 manuscripts
    hoping a slight adjustment might be accepted. Please suggest other ways to rework the two recipes. The easier you make it for them to change the recipes, the more likely they will. You cannot make it easier than by suggesting the ingredients of the new recipes. Please try.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Here is my next request: Please allow players to build a new house. In the new house, the player writes a note. When he logs in, the note appears on screen unless it is empty. Players can use it to remind themselves of something they want to do in the game, particularly to put a temporarily running building back asleep, or to buy the weekly gem package. Writing reminders on scraps of paper placed near the computer is a hassle.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by John-Axe View Post
    Thank you for your responses. All excellent. Please suggest how the tome and codex recipes should be reworked. I went with
    790 intermediate paper, 540 printing press letters, 100 magic beanstalks, 500 exotic wood planks, and 3 manuscripts
    hoping a slight adjustment might be accepted. Please suggest other ways to rework the two recipes. The easier you make it for them to change the recipes, the more likely they will. You cannot make it easier than by suggesting the ingredients of the new recipes. Please try.
    The only change I would need to see in the cost of making tomes and codex in the RPH is the number of manuscripts for tomes and the number of tomes for codex. I'd be fine with 5 manuscripts for each tome, 3 tomes for each codex, just like the bookbinder, with the additional resources being the price paid for the faster time and the ability to queue them up. Making it cost 1 more manuscript per tome and 1 more tome per codex pushes it past what is fair and reasonable.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    The only change I would need to see in the cost of making tomes and codex in the RPH is the number of manuscripts for tomes and the number of tomes for codex. I'd be fine with 5 manuscripts for each tome, 3 tomes for each codex, just like the bookbinder, with the additional resources being the price paid for the faster time and the ability to queue them up. Making it cost 1 more manuscript per tome and 1 more tome per codex pushes it past what is fair and reasonable.
    Agreed. I don't get making them less expensive, but making them as expensive (in terms of books) but just higher in other resources would make it more compelling to actually use them.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Rearranging the production queue.

There's a handy feature where we can rearrange the production queue... in barracks, provision house, build queue, etc. Individual orders have a little golden arrow (one for up, one for down) that moves an item by exchanging it one place above or below.

I would like to see please a double up arrow that moves an item to the head of the queue, immediately after the currently active item. (A double down, to go to the end of the queue, could also be possible, but it is the double up I really want!)

I sometimes need to get an item ASAP, and it is a pain to move it up through the queue one step at a time. (This is mainly when I have a big queue in the barracks to set up a particular army).

Thanks -- Wruined

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Redesign 'Send Army' window.
    It takes too much time to find the appropriate generals for an adventure. More generals should be visible and also some kind of filter. For example show all generals having units. But it would be best to have a saved set up generals which we can re-use for repetitive adventures. It's also annoying that the 'Send Army' window keeps changing order.

Reply to Thread