Reply to Thread
Page 213 of 229 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 211 212 213 214 215 223 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2281

Thread: Suggestions

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    Agreed. I don't get making them less expensive, but making them as expensive (in terms of books) but just higher in other resources would make it more compelling to actually use them.
    This seems reasonable.

Obviously, it cannot be done.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    how about endless iron mines, double the cost of endless copper, up-gradable, same for gold, coal, salt peter etc, as the item is more valuable, increase the cost in gems needed to purchase them

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by davivo View Post
    how about endless iron mines, double the cost of endless copper, up-gradable, same for gold, coal, salt peter etc, as the item is more valuable, increase the cost in gems needed to purchase them
    Nice idea, but check out the AMA postings; BB recently responded that no such items was under consideration.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Making roads easier to use

Roads are a convenient way to map out space. I would like to propose two changes that can make them a bit easier to use.
    1. Allow one to build a continuous section of road in one series of clicks. First mouse click starts your road. Each subsequent click adds a new straight length of road. Terminate with a double click, or by clicking on the finish button. (This would also make building roads a bit more like destroying roads.)
    2. Allow a building to remove any road required to fit into a desired space. (Currently roads prevent placement over the road.) Ideally this would be added as a option, chosen just like options for displaying animals or whatever. That way people who like to use roads to actively constrain building placement can do so, and others of us who just want a visual guide, such as a tight grid of single cell space spaces, can do so easily.

Cheers -- Wruined

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Getting information about the contents of a camp

This is a useful suggestion, I think, to help people who are not able to move a mouse quickly and accurately. Some players need features which give them a bit of time to make an accurate mouse command.

To get information about the contents of a camp in an adventure or an expedition, you can move the mouse over the camp or click on it to pop up a summary of who is inside.

Then, to get detailed information, you can move the mouse over one of the inhabitants in the summary. The problem is, that in moving the mouse you lose the summary. The problem is worst for me when in an expedition, looking at a boss camp. Moving the mouse up the summary located furthest from the camp itself takes the mouse through a zone which removed the summary before you can get the detail.

Proposed solutions (one or the other)
    (1) when you click on a camp, keep the summaries in place for a while, even if the mouse moves away from the camp. Second click would remove the summary.
    (2) have a zone around the camp in which the mouse can move freely without causing the summaries to disappear.

I attach an image of the boss camp from an expedition.
    TSOcampsummary.jpg

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Event Calendar

How about an event calendar. I know, and understand, that these times and dates have to often flex a bit, butit would be grand if players had something to show us at least what is planned, in a general sort of schedule.

Something that shows which events are planned, when they'll start and end (not binding, but proposed schedule anyway) would be a good way to improve player participation.

We have some staples that we expect to see every year: Halloween, Christmas and Easter. Then there are other things, like Soccer World Cup that players really don't know whether to expect or not. A Calendar would really help.

Certain things like Crisis, by their very definition, are surprises so keeping them off the calendar would probably be a good idea.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Wruined View Post
    This is a useful suggestion, I think, to help people who are not able to move a mouse quickly and accurately. Some players need features which give them a bit of time to make an accurate mouse command.

To get information about the contents of a camp in an adventure or an expedition, you can move the mouse over the camp or click on it to pop up a summary of who is inside.

Then, to get detailed information, you can move the mouse over one of the inhabitants in the summary. The problem is, that in moving the mouse you lose the summary. The problem is worst for me when in an expedition, looking at a boss camp. Moving the mouse up the summary located furthest from the camp itself takes the mouse through a zone which removed the summary before you can get the detail.

Proposed solutions (one or the other)
    (1) when you click on a camp, keep the summaries in place for a while, even if the mouse moves away from the camp. Second click would remove the summary.
    (2) have a zone around the camp in which the mouse can move freely without causing the summaries to disappear.

I attach an image of the boss camp from an expedition.
    Attachment 6778
    Before the introduction of colonies, there was no pop up and all camps were clickable. I miss those days. Removing that feature was a pretty big mistake on Blue Byte's part, in my opinion. There are still units that it is impossible to hover over and see their stats.
    One army. Pretty please.

On a peak over looking my island surrounded by black dragons
    World
    Zeus
    I know you said we don't need a harbor because of the way generals travel. Well, make the harbor a storage building. Preferably near the original landing area. Then I can delete the storage house I have there and replace it with a resident. You could do it in the epic item's for beanstalks and make the upgrades epic like the castle. It could be the largest storage building. Newbies don't have the event building and I don't use the castle anymore. If you don't like the storage idea you could make it an epic residence or something else epic. We need more epic items including Ali Baba adv's.

On a peak over looking my island surrounded by black dragons
    World
    Zeus
    How about a buff building in an event. It can buff any building except storage and non producing buildings. Each level gets a certain % that adds up to 100% or more. You click on the building, a list of all buff able buildings come up, click the building to buff for say 12 hrs . So I would pick barracks or bookbinder. It would be a zone buff and work with other buffs like the soccer field that I don't use much. It could have a cool down period also.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    How about an improvement of monitoring if a player is active in a guild. Instead of just saying active yes/no can you tell how how long since they have been active. It would really help guilds to weed out those that are not playing.
    Come and sit with us and drink a cup of Java.
    We are a fun loving group who believe in paying it forward.
    We have experienced players who truly enjoy passing on their experience and knowledge of the game.
    CoffeeHouse (DCAF)

Reply to Thread