Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 229 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2281

Thread: Suggestions

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    For short reading - read the green.
    For the entire suggestion - read the blue.

1. Provide us with an in-game calendar. It should be able to serve as a guild calendar too, if the player is in a guild. It's not fun getting your mail box spammed by guildies about event reminders and such. It also kinda sucks not knowing when game events start and end. The calendar will help guild leaders/officers to plan/carry out guild events. It'll also assist players by helping them keep track of game events.

2. Give us an in-game clock with an alarm feature. This is the kind of game that you can go afk on for a lengthy amount of time. It's also the kind of game that can have a handful of things going on at once. The alarm creates additional ways to monitor various game events/actions.

3. Make the guild's member roster sortable by a criteria other than level, such as: alphabetical, online/offline, rank...etc. Maybe even allow officer notes to be added by/to certain people. It can become difficult to find certain guild mates when you're in a guild with 30 members or more. A more organized roster is very user friendly.

4. Make the all, friends, and guild row able to be arranged in orders other than level such as: alphabetical, online/offline, custom...etc. Maybe even allow notes to be added to friends and fellow guild mates here too. It's very aggitating when you can't find the person you're looking for. This game promotes sharing and helping one another, it should be easy to do so. Making that row easier to organize advances player productivity.

5. Currently, the roads are a bit tedious to lay, connect, and clean up/destroy. I agree they should not improve the economy while they remain free, however please make the tool easier to use. More people might use the road feature if it's easier to use. Right not it may not seem worth it to even play around with because there's no incentive to it and because it's not easy to use. Improving the road tool would be nice for those who use roads a ton.

6. Create shoreline buildings, or create new structures that can be built on the water. There's a good handful of ocean territory that can be incorporated into the island/game. Expanding the different options for buildings makes it look like there's no boundaries for players. This is an exciting aspect of any game!

7. The news feed chat is great. It would be even better if the broadcasts had click-able links that would open up accordingly to the alert. Instead of only allowing that alert to be opened when you're online and can catch it before it vanishes. For example: 1.) when your geologist discovers a new mine or one depleats the link will take you to the location of the mine via the link in the news feed. 2.) if your provision house finishes making your buffs, the news link could open the star menu and highlight the finished stack of that buff. 3.) when your trained units are ready for duty, clicking that link in the news feed can bring you to your garrison or maybe your barracks. .. etc. Having the news feed chat allow you to click on the alerts will greatly increase player productivity and makes the entire game more user friendly.

8. Give us more decorations. Can't go wrong with a larger selection of decorative items! Having more decorative items can open up even more fun things to do! You'd be surprised what actitivies people can come up with cool decorations.

9. If there's ever an idea to seriously incorporate a "report player" system in-game, it should be easy to do so. Such as adding this option to the already present menu that appears when you click on a players name. For obvious reasons, the current system isn't bad. (having to submit a ticket..etc) Allowing an in-game report player feature isn't necessary for game play optimization, it's just nice sometimes.

10. I believe it's extremely beneficial to the entire game community, and to the games revenue, that players cannot turn off the chat language filter. All opinions aside, it's important to keep the game open to a large audience and allowing it to be turned off would do more harm than good. There's a reason businesses don't allow that language, and it's a good reason. My personal opinion, I hope the developers never change the filter in ways that would hurt the game. Being able to turn off the filter doesn't bring anything good to the table. I commend you guys for keeping the game's atmosphere an enjoyable one.

Just my thoughts! Great job dev team, keep up the awesome work! We appreciate you.

Thank you for providing us with the opportunity to present our ideas!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Request for new "General Type"
    "Admiral"
    - Can transport 500 troops to adventure zone (or 400 or whatever)
    - As an expert sea-goer.. Travels to zone in 10 minutes (or 5 minutes)
    - Lands on Water Tiles
    - Can not battle enemy

Solves the problem of loading tonnes of different troops onto many generals
    Doing the work of 2+ BHG, could be competitively priced as so.
    Also another cool Water Tile feature like the Floating Houses.

Recruit
    I have seen a number of posts about allowing geos to refill a deposit, rather than requiring that it run dry. One thought (that may have already been proposed - if so my apologizes, but it's a long thread!) on a middle-ground option is to have a second tier of searches named something like "extend vein" or "search for deeper vein." The successful attempt could add an amount (static value or some % of fresh mine's capacity - I would think 33%). The difference is, the option could take longer (2 or 3 times longer than discovery?) and could potentially cost a small fee.

For example, finding an iron vein takes 1 hour and 250/250/200 to build the mine and has a capacity of 1000 ore. "Extend the vein" could take 3 hours, cost 100/100/100, have a success rate of 66%, and when successful, adds 300 ore to the mine. so, it's a little more expensive to extend, but you don't have to pay or take the time for upgrades. Obviously all the rates and amounts could vary to where you think them fair.

Ideally, we would be able to target it to a particular mine, not a random deposit, but either way would be okay, imho.

World
    Zeus
    Thank you, BB, for a great game. I've been playing well over a year now, and really love it (notwithstanding the occasional frustration when things don't always work right, but that's everywhere, not just in the game.)

I have two suggestions:

1. Please make it so a person buffing a friend's island can mouse over a running buff on a building and see how long it is until the buff runs out. I know we can look at our own buildings and see how long is left, but it doesn't help a friend who is buffing, if we aren't online to tell them how much time is left on the buff.

2. Access to the game through an Android app. I know others have suggested iPhone/iPad apps, but I would love to be able to get to my game through my Android phone when I'm not at home or my computer is otherwise occupied.

Thank you. Keep up the great work! :-)

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I've made a suggestion about STAR TAB INDEX.
    It was late when i Wrote the thread and dint saw the Suggestion Thread
    You can chek the suggestion on this link:
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...dex-Suggestion

Sorry for not posting the suggestion here.
    I wish you best of luck

World
    Ares
    Your all making a trade tab for chat , but it would also be really nice to have a friend chat tab and an adventure chat tab

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    the Yippie popup does take you to the find but it fades too fast if you're otherwise engaged.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Zeus

Suggestion: Player submitted adventures

Wow there's a lot of stuff to read through in this thread. I did a quick search for this idea but didn't see one through what I searched. I'm pretty sure no one though of it though since it's kind of a wild idea.

Player submitted adventures
    Allow players to design adventure islands with decoration and bandit sets to keep a cohesive look and feel to adventures. This could be done on a separate server like for the test server.

Suggestions on available options:
    • Option to choose between different types of adventures. (Scary, snowy, desert, etc.) This would set the tone and would decide on what building sets are available for that particular adventure.
    • Option for the difficulty of this adventure. This will set the minimum and maximum amount of bandit HP/XP to add to the adventure. It will also decide on the minimum and maximum amount of bandits allowed per camp and how many leaders can reside in each sector and in total on the map.
    • Option to choose between XP, resources, epic, etc. This will set the limits for the adventure completion rewards.
    Terrain premade shapes with plain sand, grass and water tiles to fill in possible gaps
    Mountain shapes, river sections, trees
    Decoration sets (The available decorations would be decided depending on the type of adventure chosen at the start)
    Bandit sets (Again, different according to type chosen at start)

The bandit camp graphic should be determined by the bandits it contains.
    Hours to complete adventure should also be automatically set depending on which options were chosen at the start and how many bandits were placed on the island; as should the number of players allowed in the adventure.

Adventure story could be filled in or not. Not everyone is a great story teller but since they’re already playing the game and designing their own island, there’s a good chance they’d be good at designing the adventure island.

Before the adventure could be submitted it would have to pass a certain set of rules and limits so as to not waste staff member time looking at adventures that are less than adequate.

Once submitted the adventure will then be looked over. If the software did its job the person looking it over will not have to worry too much about how fair the adventure is according to the options chosen at the start. If the story line is good then that will make their job easier. If not then they will need to get a good story line and voila, a brand new adventure.

Edit: Of course if your adventure is chosen as an official adventure, it would be nice to get a little bonus for all that work on the Zeus/Ares server.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    An ignore trader option would be nice to weed out some of the crazies that just post dumb trades over and over.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    1.Revamp the "star menu" stack the same items allowing a choice to how many total number of items to add to your current inventory. for example: I have 25 icons of 1250 tools. can't you stack them all showing 25x1250 = 31250 and when placing on mayors house type in how many to add to the inventory.

2. Trade between guild members in history of TO

3. More member lvls of guilds

Reply to Thread