Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Suggestion: Game Global chat rules made clear

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahalith View Post
    That is why the function of /report username reason was added to the game. Person reported. /ignoreadd username, now the person is ignored. Then it is time to get on with your game play.
    Thank you Cahalith, i was told by a GM they would love to have the screenshots i made regarding the situation. Unfortuantely i did not see anywhere i could send the screenshots, and hoped someone here (Ubi, RR, BB, Mod) could help me. =)

Also, there are things that crosses a fine line, when i am being attacked on a sexual level (yes my private parts were mentioned and what i could do with them). not only was it highly inapropriate for a game chat, but crosses a line "ignore" jsut doesnt cover.

If you allow one player to sexually cyber assault you, others tend to follow them, knowing you will do nothing but take it.
    Last edited by kamiko60; 11-10-11 at 03:33 am. Reason: Wrong word for context

World
    Zeus
    In order to submit screenshots, you have to fill out a help ticket. There is a drop down for reporting harrasment, or you can just send it to a general topic and explain what you need to report. When the person investigating your ticket responds, you can attach screenshots that way.
    Something NEEDS to be done about Global chat and the Help chat. Both are infested with players who do not know how to communicate on a public channel with out someone slapping their hands, saying "you've crossed a line". I will not go to either channel until the rampant abuses of chat are brought under control. I have guild chat, and that is where I am going to spend my time.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyTerra View Post
    In order to submit screenshots, you have to fill out a help ticket. There is a drop down for reporting harrasment, or you can just send it to a general topic and explain what you need to report. When the person investigating your ticket responds, you can attach screenshots that way.
    Something NEEDS to be done about Global chat and the Help chat. Both are infested with players who do not know how to communicate on a public channel with out someone slapping their hands, saying "you've crossed a line". I will not go to either channel until the rampant abuses of chat are brought under control. I have guild chat, and that is where I am going to spend my time.
    I thank you very much for the information, that was very helpful.

it began when 2 players were debating over unfair trades that were cheating players. one player remained calm, while the other began to name call, then came the obscenities, the came the homophobic slurs, and then the sexual comment.

It gets rough some times, but no need to act like a street thug.

Recruit
    I fully agree with the original poster that some chat rules need to be laid down, followed, and enforced. This is certainly a problem in other MMOs, not just this game. When confronted with their inappropriate chat, the first response from those responsible for the inappropriate chat I have seen is generally to blame someone else: I am an adult and deserve to say whatever I wish, and the GMs need to restrict the children playing this game because it's really the kids' faults for reading what I wrote; it's the parent's responsibility, they should know better than to let their children play computer games without scrutinizing every second and aspect of gameplay; people need to be more tolerant of me pushing my "adult" views and language in chat, it's their fault for being too sensitive; if the developers of the game really cared they would punish me, so as long as they don't take action or much action then that makes what I'm doing ok; if people don't like what I have to say, it's their problem and they should use ignore or not use chat...

All right people. You're adults? Take some responsibility for your words and your actions. I am an adult, and I feel that I have a right not to be exposed to some of the absolutely horrible things that people talk about in chat. I have a right to play a computer game and not have to read through chat that is openly supportive of or riddled with sexism, racism, misogyny, lewdness, violence, or abusive language. It doesn't matter what age you are, these topics can be and are harmful in varying degrees. I absolutely believe that children deserve and have the right to be shielded from this harm, and I believe that as an adult I have the right to say, "No, I do not have to roll over and tolerate this!". I can ignore someone, sure... but for every new day there is a new person spewing textual obscenities in chat, and the ignore function really didn't help the overall situation. I can close the chat window, and cut myself off from that portion of gameplay... but I shouldn't have to, as I have just as much right to use it as anyone. I'm not the one abusing chat, so why should my gameplay be restricted because of those who do?

So please, GMs start enforcing some "common" decency in chat. Gamers, please do the mature thing and take responsibility for your words. Contain these things to private conversations and don't force your abusive chat on everyone else playing the game. Your fellow human beings deserve better. Thanks.
    Last edited by QueenVitoria; 11-10-11 at 03:23 pm.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Just a thought but the /ignore button is a "reaction". A parent or person who may see the need to use this is in vast cases too late and whatever damage has been done. Our U.S. server is very different then the EURO, we have no MODS present to help make the game experiance enjoyable for all. You can have fun conversations without being perverted or disgusting. Players policing themselves never works.

Soldier
    I can guarantee you that if zeus server had mods like the euro server............everyone would be enjoying global-1 and help tab. they make you do trade announcements in a separate global chat as well as recruiting for guilds is done on the forums and they seem to have a zero tolerance for idiocy.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkin341 View Post
    I can guarantee you that if zeus server had mods like the euro server............everyone would be enjoying global-1 and help tab. they make you do trade announcements in a separate global chat as well as recruiting for guilds is done on the forums and they seem to have a zero tolerance for idiocy.
    Yes... The Euro Server has just about no troubles in global or help.. I can actually care on a peaceful conversation in the global over there.
    Creator of the Old TSO Guide List, which is now in xMISTY's control..
    Joined Aug.8.2011

World
    Zeus
    I am beginning to think we need to take this petition to a more visible place, like Facebook. We are just not being heard here. More like, bah its just the US server, who cares?
    1 year has gone by and little or nothing has been done to curb the constant abuses I see in chat.
    Founder "Father" of The Deities (DIT) Guild
    Motto: Determination, Integrity, Teamwork
    Official Tree: The Sequoia Redwood
    Official Animal: The Ox

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyTerra View Post
    I am beginning to think we need to take this petition to a more visible place, like Facebook. We are just not being heard here. More like, bah its just the US server, who cares?
    1 year has gone by and little or nothing has been done to curb the constant abuses I see in chat.
    Yep I agree.. this thread is from LAST YEAR and little changes have been done to make the chat better.
    Creator of the Old TSO Guide List, which is now in xMISTY's control..
    Joined Aug.8.2011

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Good post Adolia.

Ive found myself finding it much more beneficial to hang out in the Help channel most of the time. People actually talk about the game and seem more mature.

Reply to Thread