Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: Game Global chat rules made clear

@ Cenzton What are you just trolling the forums now with nothing better to do? she made some good points and your siggy says "on hiatus from the game currently" as I recall u even tried making a thread to isolate "trolls" and it was an epic fail, and yet ironically enough here you are trolling the forum... go figure...
    Honey Badger

Quote Originally Posted by adolia View Post
    Everyone is allowed their opinion, however if you have ever worked with people who are mentally ill you would know that one of the signs of mental illness is the inability to control ones behavior ie not able to comply to rules.

The official criteria is as follows:

Behavior that is getting in the way of life is a sign that someone should be diagnosed for possible mental illness. In the DSM-IV, the official listing of mental disorders in the U.S., this concept of a problem "getting in the way" is usually addressed with words such as "the disturbance is sufficiently severe to cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning."

So while it is my opinion, i am at least informed enough to reach a logical conclusion, not just making a random statement.
    Btw, the inability to think before you speak is another symptom of many mental illnesses.
    Your original statement implied that anyone who choses not to follow a rule is essentially retarded (all usage of PC wording aside), and now in your last post you've inferred that I'm somehow that as well. Why do you think this would get a positive response?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallstreet View Post
    @ Cenzton What are you just trolling the forums now with nothing better to do? she made some good points and your siggy says "on hiatus from the game currently" as I recall u even tried making a thread to isolate "trolls" and it was an epic fail, and yet ironically enough here you are trolling the forum... go figure...
    You're right, I made a post about trolling, and people disagreed. I saw something in this thread I did not like, and chose to post about it. Your problem with that is....?

And yes, I'm on hiatus from the game for several reasons, however I've had time today to catch up some old things, and this was one of the places I wanted to visit. Your problem with that is....?
    When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What am I supposed to do with these!
    On hiatus from the game currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenzton View Post
    Your original statement implied that anyone who choses not to follow a rule is essentially retarded (all usage of PC wording aside), and now in your last post you've inferred that I'm somehow that as well. Why do you think this would get a positive response?
    I did no such thing. I stated that people who refuse to follow rules even after several warnings are usually(not always, so not implying "anyone") either mentally ill or mentally instable. Neither of which has anything to do with being mentally retarded, so your way off base.

I also stated that the inability to think before you speak is also a symtom of mental illness. Since you are taking this personally you obviously agree that you do not think before you speak. Of course that would be obvious to anyone who is reading all this anyway.

Since you clearly have no knowledge of what a mental illness is you may want to find another subject to discuss before you end up choking to death on your own foot. Maybe a nice game of Hello Kitty Online would be more your speed?

Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by adolia View Post
    I did no such thing. I stated that people who refuse to follow rules even after several warnings are usually(not always, so not implying "anyone") either mentally ill or mentally instable. Neither of which has anything to do with being mentally retarded, so your way off base.

I also stated that the inability to think before you speak is also a symtom of mental illness. Since you are taking this personally you obviously agree that you do not think before you speak. Of course that would be obvious to anyone who is reading all this anyway.

Since you clearly have no knowledge of what a mental illness is you may want to find another subject to discuss before you end up choking to death on your own foot. Maybe a nice game of Hello Kitty Online would be more your speed?

Have a nice day!
    Bravo, bravo, I applaud your masterful attempt at backpedaling, deflection, and vague backhanded insults. I'm sure folks have seen what I was pointing out.

I'm out though, much to do in the upcoming days.
    When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What am I supposed to do with these!
    On hiatus from the game currently.

Bravo, bravo, I applaud your masterful attempt at backpedaling, deflection, and vague backhanded insults. I'm sure folks have seen what I was pointing out.

I'm out though, much to do in the upcoming days.
    Back pedaling hardly, all i did was clarify for you so that you could maybe understand it. Every time you post you show just how ignorant you are on the subject, yet you still try to defend yourself. A true man would admit he didn't know what he was talking about, misunderstood and just move on.

while people are trolling each other in this thread and being derogatory to unfortunate people with an illness, its been pointed out a few times. if you disagree with something a person(s) says ingame, just use the /ignore function thats the reason it was placed ingame. while i do find the ignore tool a pain to use (chat really needs a dropmenu box for easier use, or /ignore should be in the right click menu of people)

ultimately it is not the fault of the game/company or staff if people fail to provide proper monitoring and support for their children while said child is online. many people blame game companies for their child(s) picking up unsafe/healthy habits or views from their usage of the internet. and it ultimately boils down to the parent(s) not caring enough to limit/monitor what the child(s) is viewing/reading or learning online from their social interaction with other people.

if you feel the chat in CEO is too "colourful" for your child, i would either A) not allow them to play it or B) see about disabling their chat viewing if possible. if you do not wish to use the ingame ignore tools. it is not the job of Ubisoft or its staff to monitor the chat for people's children, nor is it upto the players ingame to watch their language for other people and their kids. this is a massively multiplayer online game. expecting everyone to favor and follow your view is narrow-minded as everyone is and should be allowed to behave any way they wish (within the game rules naturally) to say a person can not swear ingame (if its allowed via rules) is unfair to that person who is now being told how to behave ingame against their wishes.

now i might not have any kids or the like, as well as spent enough time as a GM in an mmo to know people will dance around the game rules in the grey area to break as many rules as possible without breaking them, but they really wont care about anyone's kids its not their problem or job to worry about a person's kids upbringing as most of older generation are used to "colourful" language from our peers in our own upbringing.

unless Ubisoft makes it a rule you can not and should not expect the player base to give two cents about anything they say ingame. as well you should not expect Ubisoft and its staff to make rules for your children. as this game is a social based by allowing your children to play it you must be willing to accept they will be prevy to "colourful" language or opinion from other players, through no fault of anyone. if you are worried about what your children may or may not see, dont let them play.

mind you i have seen pretty "colourful" language in childrens games. soo to be honest kids will learn inappropriate language regardless of what you do. i know from my own background, school was a great place to learn swear words and other "colourful" sayings...

Originally Posted by adolia

I did not post the statement about being mentally unstable or mentally ill to offend anyone. I posted it to point out that when someone goes above and beyond the rules, even after several warnings by GM's, that there is an underlying issue and arguing with them does not help. I stand by my statement. People who refuse to comply with rules usually have got a mental illness, or are mentally unstable - ie they thrive on the conflict that they cause and arguing with them only makes it worse. Notice i said usually, not always If the truth offends you I can't help that.

If you actually believe this, you're probably mentally unstable or ill yourself.
    Thats why I posted what I did about you trolling and being on hiatus from the game as your siggy says. You are on hiatus but you will still log onto a forum and leave posts like that with no further explanation? thats a troll, think about it. That was just plain rude and you could have explained yourself on why you thought that at the very least, not just see how many posts you can put on a forum for a game...
    Honey Badger

World
    Zeus
    Guys, maybe we could all take 5 minutes and a deep breath and try and use the /ignore on the forum and not just on the chat, instead of being offensive?

I am aware there is no button for this here, but I really don't like having to break you off.

Thank you!

Recruit
    How do i send screenshots. a player was cursing, calling names, but then it crossed a line and a little too sexually insulting. it was reported, but id still like to submit them if possible. Thanks!

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiko60 View Post
    How do i send screenshots. a player was cursing, calling names, but then it crossed a line and a little too sexually insulting. it was reported, but id still like to submit them if possible. Thanks!
    That is why the function of /report username reason was added to the game. Person reported. /ignoreadd username, now the person is ignored. Then it is time to get on with your game play.

Reply to Thread