Reply to Thread

Thread: Get rid of the 10 minute trade limit...

World
    Zeus

Thumbs down Get rid of the 10 minute trade limit...

What sounded like a harmless idea to begin with has become rather tedious as there are more and more idiots who want to be cute and sneak in behind you a minute later and and undercut your trade. (You offer 400 horse for 40 gold and 30 seconds later there's a trade on the board for 400 horse for 39 Gold) Thus leaving you with a worthless trade on the board for 8-9 minutes.

Trading is just that, Trading.... If somebody wants to play games like this with the market then you should have the ability to respond.
    (With the artifical 10 minute time limit on trades a Guild could theoretically drive a player out of the market by systematically undercutting any trades that he posts.)

I don't know who originally suggested the 10 minute limit or the reasoning behind it, but it isn't working and I'm seeing more and more of this "undercutting" on the trade board every day.

• " Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool. "

that is going to happen in any market, whether in a game or in real life...the timer prevents people from spamming trades. if you have to wait 10 minutes to make a new trade offer it isn't going to kill you, go walk the dog or take out the trash!

I like the timer, it keeps the market clean and easier to see what is being offered. also keep in mind that the person who undercuts you may sell their item and only have one, so they cancel their trade and yours once again becomes the best offer on the board.

World
    Zeus
    I think the timer is okay.
    What I would like to see is the ability to modify my trade while the order is up.
    Then we could have some price wars in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by adolia View Post
    that is going to happen in any market, whether in a game or in real life...the timer prevents people from spamming trades. if you have to wait 10 minutes to make a new trade offer it isn't going to kill you, go walk the dog or take out the trash!

I like the timer, it keeps the market clean and easier to see what is being offered. also keep in mind that the person who undercuts you may sell their item and only have one, so they cancel their trade and yours once again becomes the best offer on the board.
    Could not have said it better.

Graywolf, I completely understand your frustration but removing the timer would almost certainly result in spamming trades. Grass is not always greener.
    Last edited by ISRJimmy; 09-15-11 at 02:54 am. Reason: format

World
    Zeus
    This also allows for fair trade. Say if i was to be crazy rich, and there was no trade limit i would be able to buy out all the available horses or whatever it is the person is selling/trading. Leaving some people with a unfair advantage, and if you can keep buying out the materials you can have a kind of monopolistic control over the economy.

But of-course you are limited to how much storage you have, but yet my idea still stands.

So yeah it allows for fair trade.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Graywolf View Post
    What sounded like a harmless idea to begin with has become rather tedious as there are more and more idiots who want to be cute and sneak in behind you a minute later and and undercut your trade.
    I haven't tested this yet, because I don't buy them...but there is the option to clear the trade time with gems. I believe the 10 minute window is fine, and if you are in a hurry to take your trade down to "adjust" the price, then use gems, help your local CEO economy

Reply to Thread