Reply to Thread

Thread: Answers to the GM Q&A

World
    Zeus

Answers to the GM Q&A

Here are the answers to some of your questions, if you have anymore please let us know.

“How long have you been with Ubisoft?”

I have been working for them for 2+ years. I first started in technical support for all Ubisoft titles. They liked the fact that I had experience with support for an MMO type game so they moved me over to that team (which was Might and Magic Heroes Kingdom), and now I am lead GM for this game.

“What kind of games do you like?”

I play a bit of everything but I normally stick with shooters and RTS. Never really got into sports games, but I do play them with my friends.

“What else have you done in the video game industry?”

First thing I did was well best way to describe it was a professional gamer. I used to support myself by going to tournaments for Gears of War and Halo.
    I have also worked in the retail aspect of the game industry.
    I have gone to school for video game design with a focus on 3D modeling and animation.
    I love this industry and I will work in it until I cannot anymore.

“Waffles or pancakes?”

Waffles, they are pancakes with syrup traps.

SirRoy“Did you go into game development on purpose or by accident?”

It was a bit of both actually. All the way up high school I wanted to work in the comic book industry. But one of my teachers made the suggestion of me to try my hand at 3D modeling/animating, at that point I was hooked.

Adolia“What part of the world do you live in?”

I live on the east coast of the United States. But I have lived in the Midwest as well.

Adolia“are you married, have kids, or have any sort of life outside of gaming?”

I am unmarried, no kids.

My life outside of gaming/game industry is a mix of art, comic books, watching MMA, and traveling.

Adolia “ do you have non-computer hobbies?”

Art, I went to college for art. Art is a very big part of my life.

Adolia “ What TV shows can’t you live without?”

Firefly , Sons of Guns, Top Gear BBC version, and Myth Busters.

Adolia“ Do you floss? Do you reycle?”

I do both, have to keep the smile and my place clean.

Adolia“Is the whole time out thing really you guys getting bored and booting us off just for a laugh?”

We were testing out a tool and we needed someone who didn’t have a GM account to test it with. No laughs were meant to happen.

RMAGPILE “I'm not familiar with the term Game Master. I read a bit in Wikipedia. What sets a UBIsoft Game Master apart from other Game Masters?”

The thing that sets us apart is that we will treat every game as a fully fledged MMO, regardless of it being a browser based one or a fully released one. We know that bad GM’s can make a bad experience for everyone in the game. We will always strive to be the best GM’s we can be.

Indigo“What decade did the majority of your team start playing games on an electronic device?”

I know personally I started a little bit before the NES. MistaPink will explain his end of the answer.

ShuttlePilot - “Do you prefer first person or third person, and why/why not?”

I have no preference actually. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.
    I like things from Rainbow Six to Gears of War. It really depends on my mood sometimes.

Rales “What’s your favorite game series and why?”

Actually it’s the same as yours, Metal Gear Solid. I have played every single game. I have once played the game from beginning to ending in one sitting. The story, the sneaking in the game all work very well together.

Wallstreet- “Would you ever consider midget tossing a sport?”

Nope, sorry.

I've been with Ubisoft since early July of 2011.

FPS, RTS, hack and slash (Diablo franchise).

This is my first endeavor into the video game industry.

“Waffles or pancakes?”
    While waffles do have a greater advantage of holding syrup/butter, I do enjoy buttermilk pancakes quite a bit.

Umm, yes I was in search of a better job that offered a chance to be at home more.

The US (east coast)

Technically no not married, I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for about 6 years now and bought a home. Absolutely no kids!

Paintball when I get the time, also shooting real guns.

If I had to pick a few Wilfred, How I Met You Mother, and probably the science channel (I know it's not a show).

Yes I floss, and I don't have an option to not recycle.......well I do but I would rather not get a fine so that's a yes too.

Adolia“Is the whole time out thing really you guys getting bored and booting us off just for a laugh?”
    Nope, we get it too mostly at the most inconvenient time too.

RMAGPILE “I'm not familiar with the term Game Master. I read a bit in Wikipedia. What sets a UBIsoft Game Master apart from other Game Masters?”
    Well we work for Ubisoft vs working for another company so that makes us better.

Indigo“What decade did the majority of your team start playing games on an electronic device?”
    Hmmm well I still have my Atari and my NES, I'll let you do the math, that will show my age.

That's a tuff one because It really depends on how well the game was made, I would say FPS solely because of classic Halo.

Diablo(2) by far I still play it to this day I can't stop/won't stop! Random generated everything makes the game ever changing and search for better loot, and different unique builds has grabbed my attention since 1999.

I'm going to go with no on that one but, then again they say curling is a sport so you never know.

World
    Zeus
    I love the MMA.
    Saw Warrior recently. Great MMA type movie.

RTS rules all games imo. Diablo has to be my fav hack and slash all time followed by Champions of Norrath on PS2. Anyone else play that title?
    Honey Badger

Quote Originally Posted by Wallstreet View Post
    RTS rules all games imo. Diablo has to be my fav hack and slash all time followed by Champions of Norrath on PS2. Anyone else play that title?
    I played the champions way back when I had a PS2, I was never impressed by it unfortunately.

Well I seems pretty well established that you Devs are gamers! Who would have thought? LOL. And hey, it's nifty you all are taking time out to let us get into yer brains a bit
    [URL="http://forum.castleempireonline.com/threads/13342-Guide-List-Big-list-of-Guides-Tools-and-Other-Resources-for-CEO-Players"][IMG]http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/metaplace/signature-1.png[/IMG][/URL]

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Wallstreet said: RTS rules all games imo. Diablo has to be my fav hack and slash all time followed by Champions of Norrath on PS2. Anyone else play that title?
    The Myst series is my all time fave. Natch, I'm not a hack/slash kinda girl -- love immersive, brain tickling kinda stimulation. (ok Uru, I could have lived without...).

BB_MrGrimm said: Firefly, Sons of Guns, Top Gear BBC version, and Myth Busters.
    Shiny. Oh, and one more thing? I can kill you with my brain......
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

World
    Zeus
    I’ve been with Ubisoft since May 3rd 2011.

I play a lot of games, but RPGs are my favorites.

I worked as a tester for mobile games.

“Waffles or pancakes?”

A bit of both. A lot of my friends work in the gaming industry and I always envied them so when I had the chance, I took it.

Europe. Eastern Europe to be exact.

Not married and don’t have kids. My life outside of gaming consists of spending as much time as I possibly can with my boyfriend and with my friends.

I read a lot. Even on the subway on the way to work.

Firefly , True Blood, Game of Thrones , Fringe, Supernatural. I watch a lot of TV shows.

Yes, I floss. My boyfriend is in charge of recycling.

Nope. We don’t really have time to get bored.

I’ll have to go with Mistapink’s response on this one. We work for Ubisoft so that makes us better. It’s in the GM manual.

I started playing games on a PC. I think the first game I played was Wolfenstein 3D.

3rd person. Probably cause I played too much Diablo 2.

Fallout (2). Cause it’s a classic.

No. Definitely not.

Palebrew “ Cake or Pie?”
    The cake is a lie. So I’ll have to go with pie.

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    [I]
    Palebrew “ Cake or Pie?”
    The cake is a lie. So I’ll have to go with pie.

But they promised cake after the tests!

Reply to Thread