Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Game/Website doesn't remember who I am

Recruit

Game/Website doesn't remember who I am

Ever since the U-Play merger the game and website will not remember who I am. This means I have to log in every time I come to the website. This gets annoying after awhile especially when I have to login again after a timeout.

I am having the exact same problem, and I've already cleared my cached, etc. Firebox 6 btw. Time out every 2 hours exactly no matter I am doing in game. Then I get logged out, and I have to clear my old name from the Login window, and and put my long email address in, and then my password. blech! This I have to do every two hours.

For the record, I upgraded to Firefox 6 last week. I was using Firefox 5x before that, and had the same issues with timeouts. Also, I am using Windows XP service pack 2, but that should not make an ounce of difference.

Timeouts before UpPlay merge
    I had just recently determined that if left "alone" the server would time me out every 120 minutes. I could be in-active, totally-active, or sort-of-active, but this made no difference. Browser focus did not matter either. Meaning I could be involved in a trade, upgrading a build, moving around the map....or be looking at another browser window. The time-out was on the dot, every 120 minutes, no matter what. If I manually logged out for some reason, the "time-out clock" would reset it-self to time me out 120 minutes after the last time I manually logged back in.

Please note I was not actually "logging out of my account", but simply using the "Logout" button in the game, which would log me out of the game server, but not from my main account, or the forums. This was, in all, a rather nice "access" detail that I came to appreciate, as running the game server browser window is a strain on my CPU.

UpPlay Merge
    On Monday, I selected the "new to Uplay" window, and input a new username (was forced to do this), and a password. The window already had my email address input into it. This APPEARED to work. I was able to connect to my account, and log into the forums and the game server. At a certain point however, I used the Log-out button in-game. Imagine my surprise when this brought me back to the main website, and showed me as being totally logged out.

At which point I tried to use the new username I had selected, and it did not work. I tried logging in with my new user-name and password using Chrome, and that did not work either. At a certain point I ascertained that I could input my email address as instead of my user name. This worked in Chrome, and I was able to log in fully.

Shortly thereafter, I went back to FireFox, cleared my cache, and clicked the Login banner on the site. My old username (Indigo) was shown, instead of the new one (Indigo-Blue). I deleted my old username, and input my email address into the username field, input my password, and this logged me into my account, the forums, and the game server.

Account and Timeouts

Since Monday afternoon, I've been timed out every 2 hours, more or less (I do sometimes log out for various reasons. Since Monday, the logout button in the game logs users out of their account, the game server, and the forums.

To this problem, add the fact that for whatever reason, the Login window does not remember ANYTHING other then my old username, which was used before the UpPlay merge.

So finally, every two hours or so, I get timed out, and taken back to the main website where the Login banner is shown. When I click the Login banner, my old username is already in the username field. I have to delete that username entry, and then enter in my current email address (it's rather long), and my password. And on any given day, I have to do this 6-8 times.

Doing this action 6-8 times got really old on Monday. Now, its very very very annoying.
    Last edited by Indigo; 09-21-11 at 09:28 am. Reason: added additional details.
    [URL="http://forum.castleempireonline.com/threads/13342-Guide-List-Big-list-of-Guides-Tools-and-Other-Resources-for-CEO-Players"][IMG]http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/metaplace/signature-1.png[/IMG][/URL]

Former Community Manager BB_Katealyst's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    I will look into this tomorrow. Is this happening to everyone? Can you ask your guildmates if it happens to them? Thanks!

World
    Zeus
    Is happening to me as well. I thought maybe this was tied to an old bookmark, so I updated every computer that I had this bookmarked on. When I time out, I have to fill out my username (aka email address) and password.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Me also. Firefox v6 here.

Recruit
    Explorer 9, same is happening to me. If it makes a difference my castleempire name was taken and had to create a different name in uplay for sign in. Only started since open beta started.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    havnt had a time out yet, so can't say for that, but having to reenter your log in info everytime or everyday is becoming bothersome

Recruit
    I also experience this problem. Chrome or Firefox on Linux or Windows 7.

World
    Zeus
    I think mine might be the same issue Kryles. I use IE 9 on one of my laptops and my username is different in UPlay. It appears (will be monitoring this more closely) that the laptop I play on during work doesn't have this issue and it is IE8
    I have also noticed that this forum suffers from the same issue. After a period of time, I am not allowed to respond or post, it wants me to log in. This is regardless if I am using the forum launched through the game or if I am logged just into the forum. I will monitor this behavior on my IE9 laptop this evening.

Settler
    This happens to me, on firefox 4 and whatever the current one is (7?).

Happens whether I log in clicking the uplay button on the left hand side or the "log in to the community" on the right hand side or the "log in" link at the very top of the page.

Reply to Thread