Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Game/Website doesn't remember who I am

Recruit
    i am also having the same issues regarding the browser remembering my username and password. i have tried it in IE, Firefox and Chrome ( preffered browser). all don't seem to auto fill it in. i have checked all my setting on each browser. they can remember and even ask to remember for any other website with the exception of this game

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I have a way for this game to remember your email address and password in Windows 10. I write it here since this is the thread I found when I searched for a way to get Mozilla Firefox to remember my email address and password.
    My old computer always remembered the email address and password.
    My new Windows 10 computer came with the browser Edge, and I installed Firefox. Edge remembers the email address but not the password. Firefox remembers neither.
    However, I accidentally got a solution. Around the fiftieth time I typed in my email address and password while in Firefox, it asked if I wanted it to remember my password. What I had done differently? I typed a "#" instead of a "@" while typing my email address. The keys are next to each other on the keyboard. Firefox now remembers my email address typed with a "#" and my password. I just have to change the "#" to "@" when I log in on Firefox. That is a lot easier than typing the whole email address out and the whole password out.
    I read you are supposed to click a "key" icon on the upper left of the screen to get Firefox to give you the popup so you can remember a password. The icon is to the left of the website address of this game. Settlers Online does not show that "key" icon. It has an icon which says "This website does not supply identity information". I am relieved I can used a mistyped email address to save a nearly complete version of my email address and password. Hopefully this helps anyone else searching in Google for how to get Mozilla Firefox to save your password in this game. Hopefully you find this thread like I did.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Update: it lasted one day. Then inexplicably the Settlers Online saved password was removed from Mozilla Firefox's saved passwords. My other saved passwords remain. But my "#" concoction is now gone and I cannot get it saved again. My sympathies to anyone else who finds this thread since Firefox won't save his password to this game. I thought I had a solution.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Update: Since August 23, 2015 Mozilla Firefox has remembered my normal email and password. I put it in after my "#" for "@" version disappeared. It is saved in my Saved Passwords section of Mozilla Firefox. I have been checking for a private message or post here saying someone for Settlers Online fixed my problem. I see none. So I assume someone working for Settlers Online saw my posts here and kindly did something so my password is remembered. Thank you whoever did that. I am very grateful.

World
    Ares
    Hello John-Axe,

You might want to report that to the Mozilla team, we do not control how the password are saved in your browser or other utilities.

Cordially,
    BB_Endesmor

Reply to Thread