World
    Zeus

Post [MAP ADVENTURE] Stealing from the Rich + Overview

Click image for larger version

Name:	rich_map_island_camps_shuttlepilot.jpg
Views:	7781
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	3889

Overview & Complete Walkthrough (with shortcuts) of Stealing from the Rich - - time allotted: 4 days
    solo or co-op(max 2 ppl)

Note: You will fight 7 leader camps, and take the castle. Mind the wolves!

Arrive SE section of Island --
    I used 3 generals

I've numbered the camps in the order that I chose to attack them. This order, for me, worked well and was efficient with the troops that I took in. Warning: I have not included the wolf camps in that numerical order -- so use common sense and be sure to look at the influence range of the wolf camps in order to determine whether or not you need to take them out on your way to the camps.

Warning: This is what worked for me -- and so far everyone else who has used this guide. There is always a chance that you will experience a nasty random number generator (RNG) roll of the dice.

What to expect:
    • Wolves. In the forest marked in red on the map. See my thread with close ups of the wolf camps here.
    • Blue route through mountain pass will allow you to skip both of the wolf camps to the south of towers 8 and 9 if you pay attention to how you position your garrison. Depending on your choice of battle order, several other wolf camps can be avoided on the island.
    • 7 boss/leader fights, #17 on my map is a 2 wave or you can send in 200 Soldiers, and expect to lose about 68 of them
    • Towers -- use 200 Cavalry with each, no losses. Towers will aggro with each other. If you are nervous about the towers being so close to the wolves - sending in 20R with 180C will soak up any wolf damage if you don't go the blue route, or are worried about your general mis-stepping into a wolf influence area.
    • White Castle: easy victory, one wave.
    • Camps marked with an X can be skipped

Prep: (approx) -- This is what I used. The complete walkthrough is at the end of this post. The following is so that you have an idea of what troops to prepare:

You may use and/or lose more than the following:

750 Recruits
    200 Cavalry
    200 Soldiers
    80 Militia
    50 Long Bows

Won each camp easily and well within the min/max losses. --- Hardest camp is #17 on the above map.

Total troop losses (your losses will vary):

737 Recruits
    0 Cavalry
    68 Soldiers
    40 Militia

0 Long Bows

Loot: (your loot will vary)

400 granite
    350 marble
    600 steel swords
    600 steel swords
    200 beer
    500 meat

XPs: 11830 (solo)

Enjoy the adventure,
    Pilot

----------------------------------------------------------
    WALKTHROUGH:

There are several shortcuts that can be done on this adventure, with careful garrison placement, and order selection of camps. With careful planning of troop shuttling, plus the use of shortcuts, the entire adventure can be completed in under 3 hours.
    The XPs make it a very economical adventure for leveling up. The loot is generally good, and you have a 2-3% chance of getting the White Castle itself as a loot drop.

1) Open the link to my guide above in a separate window or tab for easy reference throughout the adventure.

Now on to the strategy for knocking out this adventure quickly:
    Order of camp attack using the above map:

Begin at Arrival 1 --

1)
    Kill 1st wolf camp(40). -- 200R, lose 2
    Kill 2nd wolf camp(100) -- 200R, lose 6

Camp 1 - [30R, 40B] -- 200C, lose 0
    skip the rest of the camps in this sector for now and head NW past where Camp 1 was to the next 40 wolf camp.

2)
    Kill wolf camp(40) -- 200R, lose 2
    Leader 3 [20S,20XB,20Cannon, 1 Robin --110R, 90S -- lose 84-94R

This clears entire sector.

3) Position garrison in this same sector near the northern area of the rock formation nearest Leader 2 (see map -- blue circle)
    Leader 2 [65R, 85B] -- 50R, 150C -- lose 24-26R

4) Move garrison far West to the rock east of the 100 wolf camp (see map -- blue circle)
    Kill wolf camp(100) -- 200R, lose 6-7R
    Leader 4 [85R,65B] --40R, 110C, 50LB -- lose 36-37R

5) Position garrison near where you just took out Leader 4
    Kill wolf camp(120) -- 188R -- lose 8
    Camp 5 [40M,40LB] -- 30R, 170C -- lose 15-17R
    Camp 6 [20M,60LB] -- 10R, 190C -- lose 1-3R, 0C
    Leader 7 [Robin,40M,40LB] -- 120R, 80S -- lose111-119R

This clears sector.

6) Position garrison in either of the blue circles in the northwest central area.
    Kill Towers 8 -- first pair [30LB] -- 200C -- lose 0 (point attack X at furthest one of the first pair, both towers will aggo -- saves general time)
    Note: When garrison is placed correctly, general will slip through gap in the rocks, and will then avoid wolf camps and slip up to the towers and take them out and will safely return to his garrison. If you are worried about the position and the wolves either add in 30R to the mix, or just be ready to perform the Retreat maneuver.

Leader 16 [Robin,30C,40LB,30S] -- 140R, 60S -- lose118-121R
    Kill Towers 9 -- 2nd pair [30LB] -- 200C -- lose 0 (point attack X at furthest one of the first pair, both towers will aggo -- saves general time) Be prepared to do retreat maneuver after 2nd tower is taken out, as general heads back toward Leader 17! Attack route will look as if it will go through the middle of the stockade, however when general rallies, he will not go that route, and instead will slide along the outside of the stockade, so don't freak out when you see this.

Leader 17 [Robin,50LB,50S] -- 200S -- lose 68
    Note: I save this camp for the very last because I need 5 soldiers elsewhere. Also, this camp can be taken by 2 waves of Recruits, you will just lose a lot more bodies.

7) Position garrison above the 200 wolf camp north of White Castle

Kill wolf camp(200) -- 200R -- lose 12-14R
    Towers [15LB] -- 200C -- lose 0
    As with other towers, send your general to the furthest one in each pair, they will aggro with each other and general does not have to take them out one tower at a time.

White Castle [1CN,50C,50LB,50S] -- 119R,76M,5S -- lose 119R, 30-56M, 0S
    Castle will seem to take forever to fall so be patient. Sometimes it hangs, so leave and come back.

8) Position garrison in NE sector at blue circle

Camp 13 [60M,20LB] -- 40R, 160C -- lose 29-38R
    Camp 14 [40M,40LB] -- 30R, 170C -- lose 15-18R
    Leader 15 [Robin,40M,40C] -- 200R lose 109-116R

And Done !!

Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 12-03-11 at 03:21 pm. Reason: added walkthrough
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

SP, you and the others providing all this data for the Adventures...gosh it's great! I'm not doing Adventures yet, but when I get to them, I know I'll be covered by all the great guides you all are writing up. Thank you!

Oh..duh. And your thread has been added to the Big CEO Guide List. hehehe. Thanks for the heads-up you were writing this up.
    Last edited by Indigo; 09-26-11 at 08:38 am.
    [URL="http://forum.castleempireonline.com/threads/13342-Guide-List-Big-list-of-Guides-Tools-and-Other-Resources-for-CEO-Players"][IMG]http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/metaplace/signature-1.png[/IMG][/URL]

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Thanks, Indigo. And thanks so much for all of your work in keeping up the Big CEO Guide List!

World
    Zeus

Red face

Chattelle Fillotte mon ami,

Châtelaine, I reach out and kiss your left hand (muah, muah, muah). Your overview was most helpful. No unpleasant surprise awaited my troops. Parfait!

Merci bien, Mademoiselle
    J'embrasser la main une fois de plus

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Merci cher ami, il est toujours mon plaisir.

Recruit
    Under leader 16, you mention needing to retreat after the 2 far towers, to avoid leader 17 on the way back. My lovely ISP dumped me just before I could do that, and I still woke up with 200 cav safe and sound. I'm guessing with leaders being non-aggro, they don't care if you walk on top of them so long as you aren't attacking

Recruit
    Great walkthrough section, ShuttlePilot. One improvement suggestion: For step 4 - place your camp at the very top left of the rock formation (see below). First attack the 120 wolf trap in Leader 7's sector and then take out Leader 4. This way, you don't ever have to lose any troops to the 100 wolf trap in Leader 4's sector.

Recruit
    This guide is great. Thanks so much.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Mona View Post
    This guide is great. Thanks so much.
    I approve this message

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Herberto View Post
    Great walkthrough section, ShuttlePilot. One improvement suggestion: For step 4 - place your camp at the very top left of the rock formation (see below). First attack the 120 wolf trap in Leader 7's sector and then take out Leader 4. This way, you don't ever have to lose any troops to the 100 wolf trap in Leader 4's sector.
    Thanks, Herberto! Every bit counts!

Reply to Thread